• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Static Revisions (Comics and DCAU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Firestorm808/Static_Feats_Timeline_Project

• We should add abilities that come through his Electricity and Electro-Magnetic Manipulation to both profiles.
References

Feats To Be Sorted

Milestone Comics

• Static Vol 1 #44-45 | Relativistic+ Reaction Speed (Intercepted lasers confirmed to be beams of actual light
Post-Crisis

• Worlds Collide July 1994 | His electromagnetism contended with Superboy's telekinesis.
    • Young Justice Vol 1 #2 October 1998 | At least Class K, possibly Class M Lifting Strength (Superboy's telekinesis limit at the moment can lift a palace)
Post-Flashpoint

• Static Shock Vol 1 #1-2 November 2011 | Static's body automatically draws in outside power sources to reattach body parts lopped off. - 1a, 1b, 1c.
DCAU

• Low end = 152,562,892,881 x 1.003 x 4=612082326239 KJ=146.29 kilotons of tnt
        • Mid end = 406,834,381,016 x 1.003 x 4=1.6322195e+12KJ=390.10 kilotons of tnt
        • High end = 1,627,337,524,063 x 1.003 x4=6.5288781e+12 KJ=1.56 megatons of tnt
      • Kinetic Energy: Assuming Permafrost altered the weather itself or spread the material out to fill its volume, we can calc for Ke. Richie implies the snowstorm just" came out of nowhere", so it didn't seem to take very long to form, so lets say 1 minute for a low end here..
        • 2.5 miles per minute=4023.36 meters per minute
        • 5 miles per minute=8046.72 meters per minute
        • Low end
          344029068469705 joules=82.22 kilotons of tnt
        • Mid end
          917410849250298 joules=219.26 kilotons of tnt
        • High end
          3669643397001194 joules=877.06 kilotons of tnt
        • She also seems to blanket the sky in clouds within about 20 seconds at the end of the ep. Assuming it's as large as the high end here, KE probably taps out at around 35 Megatons.
      • Freezing: Let's try something unorthodox. Permafrost essentially needs to lower the temperature in the air low enough to create the snow in the blizzard she creates. Even assuming she blankets an area in about 6 inches of snow(A fairly small amount for a "snowstorm")

This is probably fine, but you need accepted calculation blogs.

From what I remember, the Post Flashpoint reattaching body parts was because it was specifically a weapon that cut him on the atomic level, so his electricity just put the atoms back in their place.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/TA9FSN8kT...-dJcibhyqfXO3uy1bDxJRkkQemSyk5rDIzSBHh4MgW=s0

So it's a bit of an specific ability.

His profile right now is a bit weird, it seems to use both Post Crisis and Post Flashpoint stuff. From what I know, Static's history wasn't retconned, Post Crisis stuff is mentioned in New 52, but that's also what happened to Batman and Green Lantern, so I'm not sure how to handle it.

Some of his Post Crisis appearances don't really work with N52, like his time with the Teen Titans, but Green Lantern also has that, mentioning Blackest Night and other large events that didn't happen in New 52. I'm not sure how the canon actually works in this case tbh.

I am also uncertain how to handle the Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint canons in this case. Community input would be appreciated.

You can ask PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here if you wish.

I don't normally post here, but I'm the writer of the Static vs Miles Ep. You guys can totally use info from my blogs if you want. It should have most stuff listed. The second link also has some of the calcs listed. Though I should mention that the ones for electro where me being pretty lax, that I never settled on what number I thought was best on the permafrost one, and that the ep itself had a slight typo for the locker feat.

[http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2019/12/character-analysis-static.html http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2019/12/character-analysis-static.html

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tibViP-c6gTZQtgeWhrKR126vS_R5mvTvQRryjUWGvM/edit?usp=sharing]

Anyway Static's continuity is kind of wierd. His original Milestone run is technically it's own universe and had a potential ending written for it in the comic "Milestone forever". The post-crises and N52 incarnations of the character both kind of run on the idea that most of the Milestone comics run happened in those universes though.

So there's technically kind of 4 static's.

Milstone static.

The post-crisis static

N52 static

and DCAU static

With post crises and N52 static being implied to overlap with the basic continuity of Milestone static for the most part.

I asked Princeofthemorning to comment here, but rn I think the best idea is to keep the Post Crisis and New 52 separate. Not sure about Milestone and Post Crisis though.

Okay. Help with properly defining and separating the statistics for the two incarnations would be appreciated.

Is somebody willing to perform the actual work involved in separating the two incarnations?

I'm reading through all his comics and was planning to make a thread revisioning everything when I was done.

Edit: But rn the only Post Flashpoint things on the profile are the gear and intelligence parts, I think. So, it should be simple to remove them and make it only Post Crisis for now.

Okay. That seems fine. Thank you for the help. Tell me here when you are done, so I can rename the page to "Static (Post-Crisis)" instead.

Thank you. I renamed the page and corrected the tabbers.

Is there anything left to do here?

Okay. What are the conclusions here about that?

The part about reattaching body parts is legit, but it only really worked like that due to the very specific circumstances of being cut on the atomic level. So, it's a bit limited on usefulness.

Not sure about the Relativistic and Superboy feats, I haven't read those comics yet.

Oh I should mention. The typo I was talking about was the timespan for the locker feat. It was supposed to be 0.88 seconds, but was written as 1.88 by accident.

There was also a feat in the cartoon that's technically larger than the locker feat, but we didn't include. The character Permafrost in the ep "Frozen out" can create large storms at least several miles wide. I saw some debate on including it, but most people seemed for it. If you want the time code it should be ep 18 16:28

Edit: Oh the locker thing is ep 20 18:04 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back