• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Starcraft: Amon Upgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In StarCraft 2: LotV, Amon's host body is destroyed. However, the way it is destroyed begs the question of how powerful Amon's Host truly was. Amon is killed by, notably, at least 20 Capital Ships, Cybros, and the Spear of Adu. Why is this impressive, you may ask? Well...

A single carrier (a captial ship) can destroy a significant portion of a planet's surface, with a group of around being able to completely destroy the crust. Void Rays (the other capital ship that participated) are also able to do this. Cybros is a purifier battle station, and is able to do the exact same thing the Carriers did, but on its ow. The Spear of Adun, though never being shown doing so, is implied to be at least as powerful as Cybros.

Amon is killed by these ships. However, this is impressive in my eyes, as Artanis' urgency in issuing the command to attack in addition to his belief that only a unified Protoss could kill Amon indicates he believed that they needed all of their firepower to bring him down. This is further supported by their belief that Amon's host would be a threat to them, despite their incredible destructive arsenal. He even survives the blasts for a moment, crying out in pain before being incinerated.

Now, what would this make him? In my eyes, he would have to be no less than High 6-A in durability. Unless I am mistaking something, destroying the crust of a planet (which is how Protoss vessels purify planets) is a High 6-A feat, and one that was output by at least three sources. A group of carriers can achieve this (less than 20, I may add), Cybros demonstrated it, and the Spear of Adun is at least as powerful as Cybros due to its nature as an Arkship. Even though Amon died from this, he would have to be able to take punishment from at least one of these sources alone, otherwise he would pose no threat to the Protoss.

In addition to all this, Amon's host body is able to draw power from Void Shards to increase his durability. With them, it was stated by Karax that "even our most powerful weaponry will have no effect upon Amo." This would make Amon's durability with Void Shards a minimum of At least High 6-A, likely higher.

Everything presented is, in my eyes, a low ball (probably more than 20 capital ships, treating all 3 sources as equal despite the likelihood of Cybros being more powerful than a capital ship group and Spear of Adun being more powerful than Cybros), and I believe there is sufficient evidence to back a raise. I do not think I used too much speculation, but would love to hear you guys' opinions on the matter. Thanks to those who respond in advance!

I have little thing lelf to say as most of them alrerady been say in here btw the carriers however supposed need sufficient amount number and some time to do what cybros can do so individually carrier and maybe void ray is pretty hard to gauge and since amon dont survive that I still think is best to give him Likely or Possibly not solid Tier High 6-A.

I do not think that we can scale a character to an attack that kills him, especially if the High 6-A rating is uncertain, given that it may have taken a continuous barrage of shots to destroy a planet's surface.

Cybros One-Shot Endion's surface. Also, Amon was stated to be completely immune to their weaponry while surrounded with his Void Shards, so even if we can't scale to him dying to it, could we scale him w/Void Shards to it?

I added his key with Void Shards. So you don't think that being such a feared threat to such a powerful race is not evidence enough to raise his host's base state to possibly Multi-Continent? I know it wouldn't be a solid High 6-A, but threatening a race that can easily destroy the surface of planets seems like it would evidence his strength. I can understand if you do not feel this way though.

He is dead but it will make no sense from protoss to unleash High 6-A bombardment to High 7-A amon if he not possess serious threat to them especially when previously Artanis have refuse to do bombardment to Aiur Twice and choose to do graund invasion as the protoss is very fanatic about their homeworld Aiur.

Well, I think that we usually use "At least ... likely higher" for situations such as these.

Back