• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars upgrades

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Oh boy, this is going to be a long (And I mean long) one, but bear with me here. This will cover a very large amount of our Star Wars profiles, but I've been looking and looking for hours in order to find all the information I need.

Upgrade #1: Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and others

This one is going to be a little simple, first we shall start with Count Dooku (As he's the main reason for this part).

Count Dooku is stated by Yoda to have been the Jedi's strongest and wisest student, and the most gifted apprentice of the Order by the same source.

"Hm." Yoda stirred again with his stick. "Then best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force?" He nodded. "Best of all, Dooku would be!" His eyes found the other Jedi, one by one: and one by one, they looked away. "Our great student!" Yoda's ears flexed, then drooped. "Our great failure."

On the other side of the galaxy, the Order's most gifted apprentice reached out to tap a lightsaber with the toe of his boot. Count Dooku grimaced.

Source: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

He was also stated to be one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 year history.

He was one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand-year history, yet at the age of seventy Dooku's principles would no longer allow him to serve a Republic in which political power was for sale to the highest bidder.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Not only that, but his abilities increased when he became a Sith, both officially stated and noted by Yoda.

This is Dooku, Darth Tyranus, Count of Serenno:

Once a great Jedi master, now an even greater Lord of the Sith, Dooku is a dark colossus bestriding the galaxy. Nemesis of the corrupt Republic, oriflamme of the principled Confederacy of Independent Systems, he is the very personification of shock and awe.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

He felt Dooku gathering power, and he bowed his head in shock and sorrow as he sensed the true source of the Count's increased ability.

Source: Attack of the Clones Junior Novelizatio

In some sources, he's even stated to have evenly matched Yoda in their duel (Though Yoda was most likely holding back [Due to later holding his own against the much more powerful Sidious], this is still impressive).

The two Force warriors attempted to defeat each other with displays of telekinesis and other Force abilities, but they were too evenly matched.

Source: Lightsabers: A Complete Guide to the Weapons of the Force

The two engaged in a titanic struggle of Force powers, neither besting the other.

Source: The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

As we obviously know from Revenge of the Sith, Anakin did surpass Dooku in their battle, and even when he was strengthened by turning to the Dark Side, Obi-Wan was still able to telekinetically stalemate him. Through all of this, the OBD considers them Continent Level, which I think makes pitch perfect sense.

For my second point, Bastilla Shan is considered in the same tier as Obi-Wan and Dooku, and she was briefly able to put up a defensive fight against Malak (That reminds me, why is she only Sub-Relativistic+ for that when Malak is Relativistic+?). This would point towards Obi-Wan, Dooku, Anakin, etc. being Relativistic+ as well.

These upgrades in particular scale to Anakin, Obi-Wan, Pre-Rebirth Darth Krayt, Cade Skywalker and Darth Maul.

As a slightly higher upgrade, Darth Vader is stated to have surpassed his Padawan self in power.

Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful.

Source: Beware the Sith

Over time Vader has advanced in his ability to manipulate the dark side of the Force, and has used it to sustain his own damaged body as well as to persuade opponents of his will. Under the Emperor's tutelage, Vader learns to kill with mere suggestion.

Source: Star Wars Visual Dictionary

When the Death Star exploded, it was believed that Vader had been lost to the void. But he returned, more powerful than before, and was given command of the fleet assigned to track down Skywalker and the Rebel fleet.

Source: Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope

Finally, by Return of the Jedi, Vader has reached his absolute peak in power, becoming more powerful than he ever was.

Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power, it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground...but he would wait. For his Emperor was not ready; and his son was not ready, and the time was not yet. So he waited.

Source: Return of the Jedi

This feat places Vader, Starkiller, Karness Muur, Ajunta Pall and Remulus Dreypa as Continent Level+.

Upgrade #2: Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Freedon Nadd, Ludo Kressh, Darth Nox and Naga Sadow

For these upgrades, it has to do with Marka Ragnos and Tulak Hord.

As Tulak's page notes, his Sith Spirit and talisman, along with the ones of Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Exar Kun were used to summon the Ancient Threat on Yavin IV. This shows that they're all comparable (Though not equal) to each other in power.

This would upgrade Naga Sadow and Exar Kun to Continent Level+ to match Marka Ragnos and Tulak Hord. This would in turn upgrade Freedon Nadd (As he killed Naga Sadow and grew far more powerful than him), Ulic Qel-Droma (Who's comparable to Exar Kun, tanked a Freedon Nadd-empowered Ommin's Bolts of Hatred and was a contender for the greatest Jedi of his time), Ludo Kressh (Naga Sadow's rival) and Darth Nox (As he was considered the heir of Tulak Hord by the end of the game by Khem Val).

As a speed upgrade, Darth Nox was able to keep pace with Darth Revan in the Foundry, which would make him, all previously mentioned characters and a boatload of others Relativistic+.

Upgrade #3: Darth Sion, Meetra Surik and Darth Traya

To be quite frank, Darth Sion's ranking is purely nonsensical. Mainly for it being stated in some sources that he's able to slay a Greater Storm Beast with the Force, but with more difficulty than Meetra. And that feat is Small Country Level+ according to this calc.

As for Darth Traya, she was able to entirely drain three Jedi Masters of power comparable to Darth Sion, and even by her death, she was still stronger than Meetra. This would put her at Country Level+.

Upgrade #4: Lord Scourge

This one is much briefer. The feats listed on Scourge's profile are from before he became the Emperor's Wrath, and when he became the Emperor's Wrath, he was so powerful members of the Dark Council were wary of fighting him (And these members are around the power of Darth Traya and Darth Thanaton [Who could "kill" Act 2 Force Walk Nox, who had his power tripled by the energy of two Force Ghosts with power comparable to himself]).

Overall:

This is a very, very long thread, likely the longest one I've ever posted, and I'd like to give a summary on who would be upgraded to what.

Relativistic+

Everyone.

Small Country Level+

Meetra Surik, Darth Sion and Revan Novel Lord Scourge.

Country Level+

Darth Traya and Emperor's Wrath Lord Scourge.

Continent Level

Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Pre-Rebirth Darth Krayt, Cade Skywalker and maybe Bastilla Shan.

Continent Level+

Darth Vader, Starkiller, Karness Muur, Ajunta Pall, Remulus Dreypa, Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh, Ulic Qel-Droma and Darth Nox.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm fine with upgrades 2-4, but the Obi-Wan and Anakin upgrades are problematic.

I can't give an exact quote from the novels, but it was said that Sidious told Dooku to hold back on Anakin so that he would later be used to murder Obi-Wan. It was also in part due to their choice of lightsaber forms, Dooku using Form II (Makashi), which was a bad match up against Anakin's Form V (Djem So) which caused Anakin to come out on top. Furthermore, it was also hinted that Sidious was using the force very discreetly to influence the outcome of the battle.

Now like I said, I don't have any direct quotes from the novels to prove this, so wether or not anyone believe me is up to them.

I do remember quotes like that, but I believe it was also stated that Anakin won that fight fair and square. I don't remember exactly what happened,but Anakin during his duel with Dooku drew on a great deal of power( more then he did previously) and was able to beat him( I believe it was Dooku who was drawing on a dark side nexus created by Sidious, but I forget.) I agree with the upgrades, although I'm not sure if Bastila can compare to the likes of Obi-Wan and especially Dooku. It's a bit unknown how strong she is, and she never really had a chance against Malak. Dooku's skill with a lightsaber was pretty insane infact I believed he defeated Mace Windu at a younger age. Bastila is pretty fodder next to Dooku and Obi-Wan while powerful was able do defeat Anakin because of his defensive style( being the greatest Soresu master in the order) and because Anakin was conflicted.

Both for the canon and The Legends unvierse?, or just one of them?

Because, Disney killed like 90% of the Expanded Universe.

Everything seems totally legit, but I do have a bit of problem with #1. As Sheoth stated, I do recall a few factors that made Anakin come out on top, as opposed to just raw skill and power. If someone could possibly find the relevant quotes to clear that up, that would be great.

In the battle where Anakin defeated Dooku, two things came into play. At first, Dooku was attempting to hold back, in deference to Sidious' wishes. When he began to defend in earnest, he found that he couldn't generate the necessary energy to ward off Skywalker's newfound proficiency in Form V (Djem So), which is characterized by power attacks and defense immediately followed by a counter-strike. Djem So is the counterpart of Shien, and encourages aggression and domination, to not only counterattack, but also to press the assault, combining Force-enhanced strength with powerful blade combinations to overpower and overwhelm an opponent's defenses. Skywalker was a natural at the style which was the reason for his change from Shien to Djem So, and the defenses of Form II were not up to warding off such, to Dooku's lament. After Obi-Wan got knocked out, Anakin got angry and started tapping into his TRUE power. He was angry enough not to hold back anymore,and not worry about the dark side, but not so angry that he lost control. It was the perfect balance of power and focus, and Anakin started to move so fast that Dooku had to rely on the force to know where he was because he could no longer see him, and Anakin's strikes were so hard he literally made Dooku hit himself with his own saber when he tried to block. Such overwhelming speed and strength, combined with Anakin's considerable skill, is what resulted in Anakin's victory (in the novel).

Then I shall make the edits. However, given that I an currently restricted to mobile due to being on vacation, could someone observe my edits and fix any cosmetic mistakes I make?

Have you fixed the problem with automatically removing categories?

Okay. Good. Anyway, these upgrades seem reasonable. Just make sure to briefly explain them within the profiles if necessary.

Sure thing. Would you mind trailing my edits and correct them if they are visually erroneous? Mobile devices are more prone to that in my experience.

I am going to bed now, so it would be better if somebody else does it.

Back