• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yarael Poof downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 5-B calc we use

On the Yarael Poof page, it says that he's planet level for containing the energy of the Infant of Shaa, which in the blog above, is shown to be planetary. That does sound like a planet level feat, but Yarael Poof did not use striking strength or something AP related - it was just energy nullification

Yarael Poof used the force to bind the energy of it. This is just power nullification similar to defusing a bomb, not literally outputting power on that level, which is supported by the fact that it says he made the object safe. The bomb was also put at the center of Coruscant to destroy the planet via a chain reaction.

To conclude, he "contained" its power by defusing it. Not by outputting energy on that level

This feat can be used instead for high 6-A (even though there's issues with it)

Last edited:
should be fine to downgrade, but there should be some care with getting the next best feat to scale off for council members and peers to replace the current ratings with

Like Setsuna said. The downgrades will happen eventually in an upcoming Star Wars CRT. No need to bullrush this and make things worse when an already-planned CRT will cover multiple topics and even include the new scaling chains.

Like Setsuna said. The downgrades will happen eventually in an upcoming Star Wars CRT. No need to bullrush this and make things worse when an already-planned CRT will cover multiple topics and even include the new scaling chains.
Since that CRT would have a lot of stuff to talk about, its best to talk about this now and at least agree on it, then the rest can be continued in that CRT

you can't be serious... at least find a replacement feat or else the entire verse will be stuck at unknown. and then later on, when fixing it, that will just create unnecessary work
I said in a previous comment that the new AP can be discussed later, its better to have this accepted first so its less of an issue in the other CRT

Right, so we just leave the tier and AP sections of our pages blank for the time being.

Clearly a well constructed and deeply thought out CRT.
Yeah, its totally a better idea to wait for a CRT that isn't being worked on, will never actually be made because its just a rumour

KING, we can't just agree that the AP is bad, and then do jack about it. We all know it's bad, that's why in the future CRT it will be addressed and adjusted accordingly. You're telling us we have a problem and providing no solution. This doesn't fix the problem in the slightest.

KING, we can't just agree that the AP is bad, and then do jack about it. We all know it's bad, that's why in the future CRT it will be addressed and adjusted accordingly. You're telling us we have a problem and providing no solution. This doesn't fix the problem in the slightest.
You definitely didn't read what I said. Another CRT will discuss the new proposed tier changes, and this yarael poof feat is pretty controversial so its better to handle it in 1 thread. Otherwise the other thread will be chaotic and derailed forever because there's too many things to talk about and respond to

KING, you cannot just say "remove 5-B" and not provide any replacement feat. What are we going to put on our pages until the future thread?

We know 5-B is bad. That's not the point of contention here. Removing 5-B at this juncture is moot because without it, Legends literally doesn't have a tier.

You could have at the very least brought up Nihilus' High 6-A feat as a replacement but chose to just not bring it up for some reason?

Regardless, it's better to wait for a full breakdown anyway. While the High 6-A feat is pretty solid, it doesn't fix scaling so I remain unmoved. We wait.

KING, you cannot just say "remove 5-B" and not provide any replacement feat. What are we going to put on our pages until the future thread?

We know 5-B is bad. That's not the point of contention here. Removing 5-B at this juncture is moot because without it, Legends literally doesn't have a tier.

You could have at the very least brought up Nihilus' High 6-A feat as a replacement but chose to just not bring it up for some reason?

Regardless, it's better to wait for a full breakdown anyway. While the High 6-A feat is pretty solid, it doesn't fix scaling so I remain unmoved. We wait.
Its possible to like, not change it for now and just wait for another CRT for the new tiering proposals?

That one is also a wanked feat which I'm sure someone will talk about in another CRT

And do you at least agree with adding a note like this to star wars legends profiles as they're undergoing revisions?

Right, I'm going to leave it up to democracy on this one.

I think it's completely asinine to simply propose a change and do literally none of the work to actually make that change valid, but I'm a fair man.

If the majority agrees to just blank out the AP and tiers sections and leave the pages up there, then so be it.

I think it's completely asinine to simply propose a change and do literally none of the work to actually make that change valid, but I'm a fair man.

If the majority agrees to just blank out the AP and tiers sections and leave the pages up there, then so be it.
At least respond to my last question

When will the stars wars crt come out, may i ask? Is there even a rough timeframe in the works?

When will the stars wars crt come out, may i ask? Is there even a rough timeframe in the works?
I don't know when it will be out since I'm out of the loop, but I trust the people who are doing the work that they will eventually come out with it.

Shin Megami Tensei's CRT took months, Elder Scrolls as well. SCP took two and a half years. I believe we can wait.

I vote in favour of abandoning this awful CRT and waiting until one that’s actually thought out is made.

So we could hypothetically have a completely incorrect verse for months or even up to 2 and a half years? Sheesh that's rough

I don't know when it will be out since I'm out of the loop, but I trust the people who are doing the work that they will eventually come out with it.

Shin Megami Tensei's CRT took months, Elder Scrolls as well. SCP took two and a half years. I believe we can wait.
Ok i edited the OP for a new proposal

this is already going to be covered in the upcoming star wars ctr
which upcoming star wars crt?

So we could hypothetically have a completely incorrect verse for months or even up to 2 and a half years? Sheesh that's rough
The unfortunate side effect of editing verses that have decades of history behind them.

The means justify the ends, however, as you can see they're at least up to standard now.

The unfortunate side effect of editing verses that have decades of history behind them.

The means justify the ends, however, as you can see they're at least up to standard now.
whilst it pains me to have a verse based on misinfo with what could potentially be a year or more, its better to wait for a crt rather than have a verse with literally no ap. So unless KING can provide a new rating, ill have to disagree.

whilst it pains me to have a verse based on misinfo with what could potentially be a year or more, its better to wait for a crt rather than have a verse with literally no ap. So unless KING can provide a new rating, ill have to disagree.
I already did, read the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back