• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars - some updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
Stormtrooper and Han Solo are listed at 9-B with weapons.

However...

The DL-44 heavy blaster pistol (Solo's personal sidearm) should have comparable fire-power to some blaster rifles (a reason it was banned by the Galactic Empire) and the DC-17 hand blaster which packs a punch equivalent to 16 kg of TNT.

The E-11 blaster rifle (which is standard issue for Stormtroopers) is based on the DC-15S (which was standard issue for Republic Clone Troopers) and likely has comparable fire-power (but shit accuracy) with a sinlge shot packing a punch equivalent to 40+ kg of TNT. Also, the E-11 should not be less powerful than heavy blaster pistols such as the DC-17 and DL-44.

Han Solo and Stormtroopers also do make use of grenades on some missions. A single one of those is likely this powerful (nearly 8 tons of TNT). Also, in the latest Star Wars Rebels episode, we see the Twi'lek rebel Gobi Glie use a rocket launcher to collapse a section of a cliff which crushes one Stormtrooper and blocks the path (temporarily) of an AT-DP and crushed Stormtrooper-kun's buddies. Nobody has made a calc of that feat yet but it's safe to say that it's at least Large Building level and it's clear that those damn rocket launchers pack a way bigger punch than a grenade. Imperial Stormtroopers and rebel fighters both have access to those things.

Proposed AP upgrades for Stormtroopers and Han Solo:

Tier: 10-A physically | 9-A with blasters | High 8-C with heavy weapons and explosives

Attack Potency: Athlete level physically | Small Building level with blasters | Large Building level+ with heavy weapons and explosives

I won't make the changes to the pages just yet. I'll wait for someone to calc the rocket launcher cliff collapse feat. I have a feeling it might be city block level.

Do note that 8 Tons of TNT is Large Building level+, as City Block level starts at 11 Tons of TNT.

Also, the striking strength of Han Solo stays at Class H, as Han Solo is only Athlete level physically; the higher destructive feats were done only via weapons.

Anyways, Han Solo's stats should be written as:

• Attack Potency: Athlete level physically | Small Building level with blasters | Large Building level+ with heavy weapons and explosives
  • Striking Strength: Class H
I would also prefer that that we use one word for describing the AP of those blasters, which is Small Building level.

Anyways, your proposed upgrades are sound. Approved.

I forgot about this before.

I propose the following upgrade for Stormtrooper durability:

Durability: Athlete level without armour | Wall level with armour against physical strikes and Small Building level against blasters (undersuit and armour plating are made of a material which can disperse the energy of one blaster bolt hit which can result in the wearer being knocked out but still alive)

You can add that to the durability section to the Stormtrooper page, if you wish.

Edit:

@Soldier Blue: Apologies. I have misread Stormtrooper as Han Solo there.

Lina Shields said:
You can add that to the durability section to the Han Solo page, if you wish.
But Stormtrooper armour is not a normal part of his equipment. His usual attire is just a shirt plus leather jacket and pants.

I am afraid that I cannot help you, as I am not a programmer. Perhaps A6colute might know.

Well, the mobile web was working, but apparently not the rest.

"Duelist" and "</p>" were already removed when I checked.

I am afraid that I do not have the energy to add a gallery. Sorry.

@Antvasima and @Hop

The "p" and Category issue have been resolved. Trying to add Gallery now.

We only use the + sign for characters that have been calculated to be in the upper half of a certain tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back