• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader eats lightsaber

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR JEDI: SURVIVOR, IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED OR PLAYED IT AND DO NOT WISH TO BE SPOILED, CLICK OFF THIS THREAD NOW.

Now that all warnings are out of the way

At 1:27 in a scripted sequence, Cere full throttle hits Vader with a lightsaber

at 2:10 she does it again.

at around 2:50 3:30 Vader does not give 2 ***** about being set on fire and staying in fire

I should note that whether this fully applies or not is... iffy. Seeing as Luke does straight up cut Vader's hand off In his second fight with Vader, and more recently Obi-Wan's Lightsaber has Done damage to his helmet, so has Ahsoka... this is where we should discuss, either way Vader has heat resistance from eating fire like its going out of style, but the level of it is highly arguable... kinda.

Correction: Fire Resistance. People mix up "Heat" and "Fire" way too much. Heat is the temperature value going up and down, you resisting its side effects is not necessarily resisting the temperature value itself going up and down or you keeping it down.

Correction: Fire Resistance. People mix up "Heat" and "Fire" way too much. Heat is the temperature value going up and down, you resisting its side effects is not necessarily resisting the temperature value itself going up and down or you keeping it down.
Fire is very hot though, and since you can see the extreme heat on Vader's armor and helmet, and yet he seems to give 0 *****, that's Heat resistance. Especially since Vader didn't just jump through the fire or some shit

Fire is very hot though, and since you can see the extreme heat on Vader's armor and helmet, and yet he seems to give 0 *****, that's Heat resistance. Especially since Vader didn't just jump through the fire or some shit
Heat Resistance would be resisting the direct controlling of the temperature value (As in, resisting it going up 1 degree or going 1 degree down), it isn't necessarily resisting the side effects of said heat.

Heat Resistance would be resisting the direct controlling of the temperature value (As in, resisting it going up 1 degree or going 1 degree down), it isn't necessarily resisting the side effects of said heat.
And Vader being set one fire in more then one location would apsolutely be raising the temperature very fast lol

And Vader being set one fire in more then one location would apsolutely be raising the temperature very fast lol
Yes but you're not keeping the temperature value constant like on a thermometer LMAO, you're more so being unaffected by the side-effects of that extreme temperature, that being a searing fire.

Yes but you're not keeping the temperature value constant like on a thermometer LMAO, you're more so being unaffected by the side-effects of that extreme temperature, that being a searing fire.
Which is still a notable resistance. If Optimus prime got dunked in Lava and came out fine, would you give him magma resistance, Heat resistance, or both?

The former plus Fire resistance.
Then remove Temperature Manipulation as a resistance at all for pretty much every character that has it

Because clearly increases or decreases in temperature don't count, IDW Prime has very obvious extreme temp resistance feats? No that can't be the case, he's not very VERY specifically resisting the increase or decrease of temperature(Which by the way would also apply to being set on fire)

Then remove Temperature Manipulation as a resistance at all for pretty much every character that has it

Because clearly increases or decreases in temperature don't count, IDW Prime has very obvious extreme temp resistance feats? No that can't be the case, he's not very VERY specifically resisting the increase or decrease of temperature(Which by the way would also apply to being set on fire)
I've honestly had that issue myself for the longest amount of time, I'm honestly kind of baffled as to why people use Temperature Manip fo resisting the side effects of these temperature values instead of the increases and decreases of the temperature value specifically.

I've honestly had that issue myself for the longest amount of time, I'm honestly kind of baffled as to why people use Temperature Manip fo resisting the side effects of these temperature values instead of the increases and decreases of the temperature value specifically.
TBH I think it's because, while it might not be entirely accurate, it's the closest thing people associate to not dying from a lightsaber or some shit

Or making having ******* magma or Molten steel do about damage as much as pouring lukewarm coffee on someone and just flipping them off

Vader also tanks lava and fire several times on the comics (although completely bathing himself in lava will overwhelm his suit)

Isn't there a possibility of the cutscenes with the lightsaber being mostly game mechanics? The falling burning library is pretty clear but I can't say how much of the lifting for the feat is due to the suit.

Isn't there a possibility of the cutscenes with the lightsaber being mostly game mechanics? The falling burning library is pretty clear but I can't say how much of the lifting for the feat is due to the suit.
Most of it definitely is, but the cutscenes are allegedly scripted, meaning they're unavoidable and something that did happen.
Those should be fine to take at face value given they were purposely devised and implemented to be seen that way.

Most of it definitely is, but the cutscenes are allegedly scripted, meaning they're unavoidable and something that did happen.
Those should be fine to take at face value given they were purposely devised and implemented to be seen that way.
I'm fine with the library cutscene. The lightsaber struggle and the slash with it is something in between gameplay and story so not sure how to evaluate it.

I'm fine with the library cutscene. The lightsaber struggle and the slash with it is something in between gameplay and story so not sure how to evaluate it.
I'd consider scripted sequences canon, personally, I haven't really checked too much of the rest of the game for shit like this, but Vader does have a tendency to be inconsistently resistant to Lightsabers, it's basically dead even in terms of portrayals, I'd put the heat resistance last and...
Should be alright then
And I should ask a content mod about how to do this

(Other resistances first), Extreme temperatures (Vader is consistently unaffected by the heat of Fire(Reference) and lava(Reference)) likely better (On equal occasions has Vader tanked Lightsaber attacks(References) and been damaged by lightsaber attacks(References), Lightsabers are referred to as plasma(Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide reference) which can be anywhere from 150 million to 300 million degrees celsius(ITER.org Reference)

Would this be correct?

(Other resistances first), Extreme temperatures (Vader is consistently unaffected by the heat of Fire(Reference) and lava(Reference)) likely better (On equal occasions has Vader tanked Lightsaber attacks(References) and been damaged by lightsaber attacks(References), Lightsabers are referred to as plasma(Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide reference) which can be anywhere from 150 million to 300 million degrees celsius(ITER.org Reference)

Would this be correct?
Eh, I don't think the "likely better" part is needed. Just add the lightsaber justification under the same bracket as fire and lava

Back