• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Weekly

Thanks for answering again! =)

Are you sure? Last I checked a canon photon torpedo has 1.5 kg of matter and antimatter, creating a 65 megaton explosion only with later variants detonating at a stated high of 80. Phasers are comparable.That's nowhere near Tier 6. Could you please explain? Are you going by the nadion disruption theory?

Yeah I've been combing through the internet for any canon yields or even calcs with these values and I have no idea where we got them. Anyone else know?

In my research I have found out that canonically the Enterprise is supposed to be able to destroy the entire population of a planet. (As demanded by Starfleet General Order 24 which is mentioned in "A Taste of Armageddon" and "Whom Gods Destroy.")

This would logically entail destroying the population centers of a planet. To accomplish that with its limited arsenal, I would put the attack potency of the Enterprise NCC1701 (from the original series) at Large City to Mountain level in attack potency. (I made this decision after comparing the damage radius of varying explosive yields on NUKEMAP.)

To me, it seems that photon torpedoes (which are stated to have a variable yield multiple times in the series) must be capable of destruction in the hundreds of megaton range but not gigatons in order to account for the statements made in the original series.

Yeah thanks for answering! However, you're a little late, we've moved the discussion to a content revision thread and performed most of the revisions already.

I'm pretty sure in that one episode where it's like that society in perpetual war that Kirk threatens to blow up the planet if they don't stop what they're doing.

Also, this should be over there, but I was just editing the thing, and I saw that you put the Enterprise (TOS) at billions to trillions the times FTL, when this is just unrealistic. Not to mention Warp Factor was rewritten around TNG, Warp 30 in TAS is like Warp 7 or 8 in TNG iirc. The Kelvin Enterprise has transwarp though (because of Spock and Nero) so it would be comparable to the high-end Voyager stuff.

Warp 10 is literally infinite/immeasurable speed because you occupy all points in time and space at once. Even when the D went to the edge of the universe at like Warp 9.999999999999999999999996 or whatever it was, they only went a couple trillion times the speed of light if you highball it (although you could argue he took them to another dimension entirely)

It was made explicitly clear in Star Trek's first episode that the Enterprise's arsenal can easily destroy a continent, and it was stated in many later episodes that she ship can physically destroy an entire planet's surface if necessary. We actually see the aftermath of the Enterprise's attack on Tycho IV onscreen: the entire surface was made devoid of vegetation and all bodies of water were evaporated, and a continent-sized crater was left - after an attack that consisted of exactly one antimatter bomb. Combine that with the fact that the Enterprise took a direct hit from the Planet Killer with it's shields down, and it didn't even breach the hull... there's no way the Enterprise is less than continent level by any logic. The changes made by XING06 have been reverted.

Whoa. Wait before editing; we had a whole revision thread where I brought that up and we agreed up on the current AP based off the explanations from canon. No one ever said the Planet Killer wasn't canon or that the Enterprise isn't capable of destroying a continent; I actually brought it up in the thread (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1144339).

And anyway, you're supposed to make a revision thread first before editing. I've reverted your changes for now but you can talk to me and Aeyu about your proposal after you make a new revision thread. Please read the previous thread first though.

Back