• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Fox General Discussion

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
star-fox.jpg

Because the verse is in severe need of calcs.

We need Assault and base character calcs in particular so we can get a different key for the Post-Adventures Arwing as well.

I heard that the multiplayer thing is considered as canon. Is it?

I've watched Smash Bracket so who knows.

Last edited:
I didn't notice this thread, but I do know the verse is outdated and has basically surface scraping index atm. Also, I think Arwings were possibly going to vary in terms of tiers since the potency depends on the numerous models; Arwings have a lot in common with Iron Man's suits with the ones used in Adventure being much stronger than regulars given how potent Krazoa God Andross is compared to many other characters.

I was also informed offsite about some feats reaching Massively FTL+ particularly missiles that reach the edge of the galaxy. And Planet level stuff is also existent in the verse; Krazoa God Andross might be 5-B outright given his empowerment over the Spells Stones that function as Sauria's GBE.

I agree, but also 64 Arwings are pretty high up there in terms of scaling. At the very least, they are High 6-A due to taking hits from the Area 6 boss, which is stated in the manual to be a planet-killer capable of piercing a planet’s crust in one shot. If I remember correctly, the Arwings in 64 and Adventures are the same, with a plot point being that the StarFox team is broke and can’t afford repairs for their ships until Assault where they get new ones. I’d say this is relatively consistent all things considered. But if anything, I would agree that the ones in Assault/Command require new keys. I don’t think it would make sense for Assault’s Arwings to be weaker considering they’re upgraded models so they could hypothetically sit comfortably by upscaling from the ones we see from 64 to Adventures.

I agree, but also 64 Arwings are pretty high up there in terms of scaling. At the very least, they are High 6-A due to taking hits from the Area 6 boss, which is stated in the manual to be a planet-killer capable of piercing a planet’s crust in one shot. If I remember correctly, the Arwings in 64 and Adventures are the same, with a plot point being that the StarFox team is broke and can’t afford repairs for their ships until Assault where they get new ones. I’d say this is relatively consistent all things considered. But if anything, I would agree that the ones in Assault/Command require new keys. I don’t think it would make sense for Assault’s Arwings to be weaker considering they’re upgraded models so they could hypothetically sit comfortably by upscaling from the ones we see from 64 to Adventures.
I do recall ProtoDude making calculations ranging from Country level to Continent level for Arwings on Narutoforums a long time ago. But it's another nuked blog via NarutoForums shenanigans.

I feel conflicted for Assault era given that they kind of had to start over from scratch. Plus those Arwings have been destroyed by rifles that otherwise do no damage to various large Aparoids with Landmaster Tanks overpowering the same Aparoids. I'm aware of upgraded models existing though and logically should be above predecessors. And I know Fox has managed to defeat Star Wolf despite their team using better ships right before the Andross fight in 64.

Another thing I might propose is a continuity split as Star Fox 1 + 2 seem to have its own setting with Star Fox 64 being a continuity reboot that later has Adventure, Assault, and Command following. Not sure if Star Fox Zero is a prequel to 64 or yet another reboot; though it is one people might consider the most forgettable in the series.

And if we decide to split the canons, perhaps the SNES era and Zero might have different power scaling. Pretty sure the mainline timeline would be the strongest, and speed feats for Arwing should still be quite high, but the tiers might be considerably less than the N64/Adventure counterparts.

And if we decide to split the canons, perhaps the SNES era and Zero might have different power scaling. Pretty sure the mainline timeline would be the strongest, and speed feats for Arwing should still be quite high, but the tiers might be considerably less than the N64/Adventure counterparts.
I think the canons are already pretty much split. I don’t think it would matter that much since I don’t believe there are any feats of note that are used in our current profiles.

Yeah, I think considering Arwing and Landmaster models above previous versions sounds good then. But above even the upgraded ones that fought Krazoa God Andross? I suppose statements are legit, but now I might be worried if that might upgrade Sniper Rifles and stuff that have one-shotted various ships in Assault.

Yeah, I think considering Arwing and Landmaster models above previous versions sounds good then. But above even the upgraded ones that fought Krazoa God Andross? I suppose statements are legit, but now I might be worried if that might upgrade Sniper Rifles and stuff that have one-shotted various ships in Assault.
Well, Adventures' plot revolves around the Star Fox team not being able to afford upgrades on their ships. They're practically begging for good pay from Pepper and his pay from the Sauria mission is what leads to the Arwings getting repaired.

That's seems to be Great Fox getting repaired based on Peppy's "This ship" statement, and I think the Arwings Fox and Falco used against Andross should at least be comparable if not superior to the upgraded Wolfen used by Star Wolf right before the final boss. There is time between 64 and Adventures, so some upgrades could have happened before the bankruptcy happened.

Last edited:
This is true. I think the Great Fox's (I think you're thinking of Metal Gear when you said Grey Fox lol) repairs make more sense in this case. Although, I do think that it would make sense for Assault's Arwings to upscale from Adventures', considering that they are improved versions of the previous models. This is adding to the fact that their current High 6-A ratings aren't exactly outliers due to some feats from 64 with the aforementioned crust-destroying planet-killer weapon from Area 6's Grogon and Meteos's boss being hinted to clean up "unwanted planets".

Also something of note. The weaponry from Assault can destroy enemies that are capable of posing a threat to the Wolfen, more concretely, the Aparoid Pepper boss at the end of the level. (Player's Guide states the Wolfen is on par with if not superior to the Arwings). The only thing here is the very iffy implication that Assault Fox himself is High 6-A, which is a giant can of worms that I don't have a concrete answer to. Obviously the things he scales to would not scale to Adventures Fox since he's at Tier 9 at best. But there's no real clear way to explain the jump at the moment, which is something I'm puzzled by.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about Tier 6/5 for Fox's physical stats, but that rifle specifically is definitely part of the scaling chain. Funny how there are so many superweapons here.

I was hoping for some explanation like, Fox has a shield or something around him on On-Foot Missions, but as of right now, I don't think I have anything like that. We could scale that to gameplay mechanics, or something along those lines.

I take a look at Star Fox verse page and see bombs that can blow up planets. Shouldn't that belong to 5B tier?

Back