• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standard assumptions for vs-battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to the assumptions. Though i actually would like to have KO as being another option to win a fight. I mean how would this work if one cannot beat someone like say Wolverine or something?

CrossverseCrisis said:
I agree to the assumptions. Though i actually would like to have KO as being another option to win a fight. I mean how would this work if one cannot beat someone like say Wolverine or something?

Set it as an optional rule, then. Use it only when it's needed.

Angry Dummy said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Set it as an optional rule, then. Use it only when it's needed.
Aite. That and it was because it felt imcomplete, hence why i added KO as being another option to win a fight other than Death, BFR, and Incapacitation...

Yes. I agree thst characters with massive healing abilities would likely complicate matters with the current wording of the rules.

Well, personaly I think it is fair that, if a character can't kill him, it possibly becomes a draw (or a win for the regenerator if he eventually finds a way to kill his opponents later on).

That is the just big advantage that such abilities as immortality and Regenerationn give in a battle.

But if we want to include K.O. I would go for a longer count down then 10 seconds, that would really make Regenerationn and immortality of high degrees completly useless.

I would suggest an hour in such cases.

i would suggest that distance is not very relevant at all, most of the timethose we pit in a battle have simmilar fighting style, take for example a popular match-up from 8 years ago, Sosuke Aizen Vs Madara Uchiha: before it became irrelevant, both had illusion creation, were pretty much equal in speed, had a variety of mid to long range attacks, and were extremely proffecient in close combat as well, that is why they were a natural match up (and, of course, their roles in their respective stories), if you are pitting characters that do not match in fighting style, then the match up is already uneven, if the fighting styles match then distance won't matter... as long as its reasonable...(not a light year away)

I would say that distance is at least somewhat relevant. In the case of a character having multiple fighting styles (close range, mid range, long distance, etc.) a set distance would be preferred as to suggest that anything could happen and they would not be limited or inclined to only fight one particular style.

Even in the event that the fighting styles don't match up, that does not mean that it is a bad match up at all. One could make up for the style advantage with higher stats for example, or a special ability.

Here's something I want to know.

The OP says that the standard assumption for a character's equipment is their standard equipment.

However, what if the character doesn't have a canon set of equipment?

An example would be the Chosen Undead from Dark Souls, who's set of armor, weapon, spells, etc. rely solely on player choice, and there's no canon set-up for them.

I'd regard characters who have "inventories" as having full access to those inventories, for example, having all of the weapons from fallout when placing the Courier into a battle or whatever armor she needs when putting Samus into a battle. So whatever armor combo works best to his advantage, Everlasting.

The Everlasting said:
The question basically also applys to what should be listed as standard equipement in such an case in the first place. As long as one can decide that, I would just take what stands in the profile.

So I basically would just push the answer of that question to the responsibility of the one doing the profile and not to the battle assumptions (it should maybe be discussed what should be listed on the profiles in such a case, but that is worth another thread)

So, should I link to this page in the versus thread rules section in the front page, or are there still issues that need to be decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back