• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staff only request: Looking for new members

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
As you probably all know, some highly important staff members have resigned lately, and a few more are missing.

This leaves the wiki in a potentially difficult situation.

As such, I would like to request that all current staff members keep an eye out for potential new recruits, that are dedicated, reasonable, and rational enough to handle the job of helping to evaluate content revision threads, looking for rule-breakers, and possibly monitoring for bad edits as well.

If you find some member of the wiki that you think is competent enough to handle the responsibility, please send me a PM about it, to my fanfiction.net account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are we that low? Guess the last 2 promotions were small... and we did drop 4 admins (Aizen, Mighty, Alaka, and DontTalk) and we potentially lost 2 other staff memebers this past season due to inactivity (Talon and Lina).

I will keep an eye out for good users.

STAFF ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT STAFF.

If you're interested in joining or contributing show your dedication and work hard, and we will decide to contact you if you prove helpful to the staff team.

Of course. I'll keep an eye out.

I will make sure to also keep an eye out as well for any potential candidates.

Quick question, which position are you looking for candidates or does it not matter ATM.

Well, it depends on what kind of position they are individually best suited for: Content Moderators, Discussion Moderators, or Chat Moderators. Nobody is appointed to administrator without first proving themselves in the earlier positions.

Pretty much what Ant said. If someone were to become an admin here at some point, they'd have to first prove that they are capable of handling responsibilities of what it gives such as handling bans and doing what they probably had the previous position of like correctional editing and breaking off any possible heated arguments in any kind of thread.

Back to the positions he layed out here that one can start off with, it just depends what they are best suited for. Content mods being those who edit the contents of any and all pages and they make sure it follows proper formatting and such. Discussions would perhaps, i presume, be those who are known for being on threads and maybe have done things like dispute stuff off or making sure it goes smoothly? I think that's what it is. And i don't really need to get into chat mods much.

So that's pretty much what y'all would need to look for if we're going to need to keep our staff numbers.

Well, discussion moderators mainly help out with evaluating and settling content revision threads, but they should preferably also help out with calming down conflicts, and report rule-breakers.

It is harder to become a content moderator, as it is a greater responsibility, given that all wiki pages will be open for editing, but they are supposed to help out with making sure that pages keep proper formatting, structure, spelling, and overall quality.

Chat moderators should make sure that people follow the chat rules, and report serious rule-breakers to the administrators.

Sorry to be posting here but I would just like to say I'd definitely be up for the task but I need to learn how to navigate around the website, knowing how to create pages, make changes, etc.

You can find all of the most important pages linked to in the wiki's front page, and in the navigation bar near the top of the screen.

Back