• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

STAFF ONLY: Composite Pokemon Files and Trainer Aces

To a degree, I agree with Aiden.

But it does seem we are having backlash from members and are being divided by this.

Is anyone willing to say an alternative and perhaps give an example of what we should do? And perhaps fuse the current ideas or replace it?

I'm still for how we had profiles ORIGINALLY at we take them at their fullest potential using their best feats from the canon media (the primary games, manga, and anime).

I think basing the pages off of what is generally reasonable and consistent throughout a composite would be best

The real cal howard said:
I'm still for how we had profiles ORIGINALLY at we take them at their fullest potential using their best feats from the canon media (the primary games, manga, and anime).
Practically, my idea but without the order.

I said to include everything (To an extent, obviously do not scale well trained pokemon with wild ones) but clarify where the feat came from

Here's the thing. Say, Dragonit is said to be superior th Charizard in every regard, trained or not, in the manga. We'd rate his speed at supersonic anyway because Charizard's feat came from the anime. That wouldn't be the case with my idea.

Yeah. Which is why I was against that. Vehemently. From the beginning. Otherwise, say, canon Yveltal is slower than 1% of Zygarde. Only reason I didn't argue was because the alternative was a ton of tabs.

Your dragonite example.

No matter what is show in one media, would not scale to other no matter how composite the profile is (Except Game, everything scale from game)

Okay let's balance this out.

So I've realized that we have this HUGE problem with this stuff, hence why I made this thread.

So how about we do this like Digimon with a little added stuff. We have

General Species| Anime Canon| Manga Canon| Game Canon| Full Composite

Then we put lesser feats under a feats tab. There no problem. It is a balance between all suggestions.

Unneccesary number of tabs, if you ask me.

Composite but clarify seems better

More organization and evade confusion between medias

Not really. If we have a general species stat then we have something to scale from throughout the media. Composite will add the highest feats with stuff such as Mystery Dungeon and PokePark.

At this point, I think Aiden may work, of course, we must clarify thoroughly and be extremely strict about this, as one profile may set the whole thing off.

@Dragon, if we have problems later on because of the change, we could always change it back. This argument has been taking its toll on everyone.

The only thing I fear is the potential accidental wank and downplay if this goes through.

Well downplay wise I too doubt it can get worse.

Wank wise, on the other hand....

Yeah I'm tired too..

Accidental wank is bound to happen to everyone tbh. This is why we try to fix it.

For now, Aiden's suggestion. Of course, I am still staying on the the idea that if accidental wank becomes mainstream because of this, we will change it back.

Ye, but mainstream accidental wank is far more of a problem than the order we had previously.

Yeah. Well everything has its pros and cons. This method is not as restrictive and allows for more content while accidental wank can happen more often.

It might be an idea to clarify this in the rules section of the Pokemon verse page.

Back