• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stability Feat Issues: The Do's, Don'ts & How We Should Handle Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may suggest, here's what requirements I thought of that the page could have listed on it:

Before a character with a stability feat of sustaining a structure can have the feat accepted and applied to their statsitcs, it needs to meet the following critera:

Requirement 1: Specify what exactly is being stabilized so that it is made clear what the character's sustainability is doing precisely.

Examples: Stabilizing the structure's very existence, its separation from another structure, the structure's movement, the structures shape, etc.

Requirement 2: Prove that the stabilized structure is being directly sustained by the characters power and not an ability from the character, the life force of the character, the character's existence, magical property or any unknown connection to the structure that's independent of their stats.

Requirement 3: Prove that the character's sustainability is comparable to the scale of the structure they are stabilizing. If possible, its preferable that the character's sustainability is proven to be comparable to the destruction of the structure to show that their power rivals the destructive output of what would destroy the structure in the first place. Please keep in mind that this may vary depending on how the structure's destruction would happen.

For example, if a character sustains the existence of a universe that would not be instantly or immediately destroyed, the power of their sustainability would not be comparable to destructive output that immediately destroys a universe, and will not be given a 3-A or Low 2-C rating. However, their sustainability could be given either rating if the universe they sustain is destroyed instantly or immediately.

Requirement 4: Prove that the power of the character's sustainability consistently scales to their regular statistics, similar to our standards for creation feats.

I am very overworked and distracted by real life right now, so I would appreciate if somebody else could handle it please.

Last edited:
Okay. Also does anyone have a better picture of that michael scan? I want to use that picture for the page but rn its really small.

EDIT: Nvm pic is fine.

Last edited:
Yes. That is true, and the image needs to be smaller and to the right of the page.

Yeah, we should crop all the copy right names and associations with pirate websites.

I think the structure of the page is kind of weird.

Honestly, I don't think the Possible Uses section and Possible Limitation section need to be there, the rules already explain what makes a stabilization feat valid or invalid.

I think it would be best to order it like this:
  • Stabilization Heading with a summary + Image
  • Stabilization Rules
  • Viable and Unviable stabilization feats with numerous examples for both and each list being clearly named as which is valid and which isn't.
That would be a better look for the page, imo.

Thank you. I will check.

Would you be willing to copy the contents from the blog to a sandbox instead, so Warren can help out with improving the contents?

There did not seem to be significant changes except for an inaccurately placed and scaled image.

I still think the examples need better explanations for why the scaling does and does not scale to the AP of the characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back