• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Squid Girl vs. Owl Boy

Ooh, this is an interesting one. Lemme get back to this in-depth in a bit.

Okay, so what's Ika's starting move? Because I know for a fact that Otus would begin by flying out of CQC range and begin shooting at her with one of his three allies.

Ika doesn’t really do CQC. She uses her tentacles to attack first and foremost. Generally either by restraining or just....attacking, I guess. Her tentacles cut things.

Hmm, Ika's tentacles can be attacked and broken, right? Otus can have Geddy or Alphonse playing major offense against the tentacles while dodging using dash-rolling or thwiping with Twig's thread. Plus, if he can tie her up with Twig's thread, that would be another strong point for Otus.

And from the look of things, despite the fact that she can fly, Otus will definitely have the aerial superiority over her, which means he definitely takes the mobility edge over Ika.

They can be broken but at the same time they’re able to regenerate if Ika is in immediate danger. this has only been shown once so there isn’t a lot to
show for it but it’s still a factor.

So, they can be broken, but because she's in immediate danger, Otus can't really use it as a good offensive measure, but defensively, it should still work by blasting any nearby tentacles and then using Twig's thread to evade. Plus, he can use his Owl Cloak to bounce away any tentacles that try to come right at him.

This is a really tricky match. This basically comes down to whether Otus has the agility and firepower to get to Ika, or if Ika can overwhelm Otus with her tentacles. This is honestly really tough. Though, that weakness of losing her hat meaning death is a good point stricken from Ika.

i will say that her hat is actually hard to get off. It doesn’t get knocked off like a normal hat. It’s practically sewn into her head from the looks of it (she could rip it off just slightly and not all the way when she tried it herself)

so it’s not gonna be like a simple gust of wind will knock it off and kill her. But yes the fight is tricky. He’s got I think uh...8-10 tentacles to worry about I forgot how many.

Actually, after doing some hard thinks, I may have found the deciding factor that pushes this to Otus' favor. Combat experience.

See, Ika is not a very combat oriented character, and I'm pretty sure that most of her combatfeats are simply instinctual fighting habits, so while there's no doubt that she can fight, Otus has fought against a lot more impressive characters, on top of his formal training under the much wiser Owl, Asio. Heck, many of his fights could have prepared him for this one, such as when he fought the Guardian to the Hex Machine, a blob-like monster that, among its various attacks, uses its giant blobby arm to try to either smack or strike at Otus. It's weak point in the first part of the boss battle is even the module located on its head. (Before Otus made it electrocute itself.) And when fighting Dirk, he had to dodge many, many incoming knives that he threw at Otus, so that would help with dodging the tentacles.

So, unless there are some really good fights that I'm unaware of that Ika has done, this is basically the case of Otus using all of the skills he's accumulated to this point to fight, while Ika doesn't really know how to deal with Otus except try to use her tentacles on him a lot. This is close, really close, but I feel that, more often than not, Otus' variability, agility, and combat experience will allow him to win more often than not.

Winner: Otus

Back