• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Owlboy Needs A Haircut (Seven vs. Otus)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
I really have nothing for a good opening. I could try and fabricate some kind of "haircut gone wrong" type of thing to go with this, but I cannot for the life of me see how things could go wrong to such an extent, so let's just cut to the chase.

Young owl and wanna-be assassin bump into each other on the street, said assassin drops his scissors which flies towards owl, owl reflects them back at him in self-defense, both suddenly think of the other as a threat due to pure circumstance. Fight.

In the blue corner, we have Seven from Scissor Seven, and in the red corner, we have Otus from Owlboy.

tumblr_opons644Iz1vui3hno1_1280.png
e130f709992c9f194943e0e17bbe0e74.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help, aside from Otus' summons.
  • This battle takes place on Chicken Island, giving Seven the home-field advantage.
  • Season 1 Seven is used.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!!
  • Killer Hairstylist: 0
  • Mute Owl: 2 (Oliver_de_jesus, Peppersalt43)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Is this serious Seven or regular Seven? Because regular Seven is incompetent and likely to lose.

Considering how outnumbered he technically is, Seven being serious here makes the most sense.

Seven's Durability seems to scale to 0.0476775811080019 Tons of TNT (199,482,999 joules), At least Small Building level (Took a blast from a robot from Stan), higher when serious.
Otus seems to scale to: 0.13 Tons of TNT, Small Building level+ (543,920,000 joules.), (Otus can smash large rocks apart in two hits) (Also, if I understand right, the calc seems to indicate that that 0.13 Tons of TNT rating is per hit.)

This makes Otus scale to about 2.7266484 higher than Seven's scaling point. Dunno how much higher than that Seven is when serious. (Was he taking that blast when he was serious?)

Summoning (Can summon Geddy, Alphonse or Twig to help him in battle, and can switch between them at a moment's notice)

Seven also seems to have Unknown Lifting Strength, compared to the Class 10 of Otus & his friends, but IDK if he uses that IC or not.

Power Mimicry (Copied Dachun's Solid as Gold Seven-Day Lock[4]), Forcefield Creation (Can create a barrier with the Thousand Demon Daggers[6])

What are the limitations of these? What abilities, could he copy, if any? What WOULD he copy, IC-ly?
Could he copy the increased power compared to his own Otus & friends' attacks have? Could his forcefields stand up to such projectiles?

Though, while Seven might be at an AP/Durability disadvantage, he might be able to maintain his forcefields with his Stamina?

Stamina: High. Fought Dachun for a couple of days without stopping.

Stamina: High, can fly for extended lengths of time

Seven seems to only have Range with his Telekinetic control of his weapons. Considering it's Unknown vs Class 10 Lifting Strength, how would his Telekinetic attacks hold up against the Attack Reflection? Could Otus use that while having his summons spam projectiles?

Considering the statistical differences, what if Otus &/or his friends destroyed Sevens's weapons? Ex: Use fire to try & melt the scissors? Is there any info we have to go off of whether or not that would be possible?

Or maybe blow the weapons away with Explosion Manipulation so that Seven loses track of them?

There's also the possibility that, considering the statistical difference, Seven MAY have difficulty cutting Twig's thread? Even if it doesn't keep him down indefinitely, keeping him bound even for a few seconds so he can blasted with an explosion, or have the string on him catch fire might help.
Does Seven need to be able to move to use his Telekinesis?

Oooooh wait this fight is actually interesting.

Based off what I've seen in Season 1, I think Seven's telekinesis functions based off hand gestures, but only if he's using his scissors as a weapon, otherwise the sword hasn't shown to use any specific hand getures. Granted, only watched Season 1 so far so I could be wrong.

You know what? Upon thinking about the character as a whole, I actually think that only having two people on the field isn't nearly enough to justify Seven going completely 100% serious. Plus, I wanna see the lunacy of a guy who technically doesn't fight that well on the surface actually making Otus sweat here.

Sorry for backstepping like that.

Seven seems to only have Range with his Telekinetic control of his weapons. Considering it's Unknown vs Class 10 Lifting Strength, how would his Telekinetic attacks hold up against the Attack Reflection? Could Otus use that while having his summons spam projectiles?

Considering the statistical differences, what if Otus &/or his friends destroyed Sevens's weapons? Ex: Use fire to try & melt the scissors? Is there any info we have to go off of whether or not that would be possible?

Or maybe blow the weapons away with Explosion Manipulation so that Seven loses track of them?

There's also the possibility that, considering the statistical difference, Seven MAY have difficulty cutting Twig's thread? Even if it doesn't keep him down indefinitely, keeping him bound even for a few seconds so he can blasted with an explosion, or have the string on him catch fire might help.
Does Seven need to be able to move to use his Telekinesis?
It's difficult to say whether or not Otus could reflect it, but it's likely. The reason I say it's difficult is because while he has shown to reflect projectiles like rocks back at his opponents, he was not able to do the same with Dirk's knives. So, maybe cutting weapons can get by? I'm just going with the assumption that he should be able to reflect them due to the AP difference, but do keep that in mind. Also, one of Seven's favorite tactics is to get people so distracted with his singular pair of scissors that they become caught off-guard when they suddenly split in two and attack for multiple angles. And Otus has to physically react to each projectile and spin his Owl Cloak to send them back. It's a tricky thing about that.

As far as I'm concerned, Alphonse's shotgun does not melt upon contact. Blowing the scissors away is a good temporary solution, but they've been knocked out of Seven's possession before, and he's usually been able to redirect them back into the battle. Also, tying him up with Twig's thread is also a valid option, but if his hands are free, again, he can actually still control them, since he has literally been in that situation before. I'm not sure if he can do it without the use of his hands, though.

Thousand Demon Daggers will probably be a problem since Seven can redirect them for part, so attack him from behind and stuff.

Thousand Demon Daggers will probably be a problem since Seven can redirect them for part, so attack him from behind and stuff.
That would be a problem if Seven happened to get serious. Otherwise, he actually can't use the Thousand Demon Daggers without doing so, iirc.

I mean, if he can, then I would easily say he gets one over Otus due to the unpredictable nature of the blade. So, the question here is can Otus put Seven down before he decides to get serious?

well, I'm on Otus, after seeing SS again, seven won't start with his best techniques so Otus can probably take him down before he takes out the katana or uses the key techniques

Back