• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spy vs Himiko Toga

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Seeing as to how Spy and all TF2 characters were recently nerfed to 9-B, I think it's safe to make a new thread for this match

Speed equalized, both are 9-B

Match takes place in a small town with a proportionate population

Himiko has her knives and mask

Spy has Your Eternal Reward (Lets you shape-shift into the person you kill and removes their corpse. Instantly sets his invisibility into cooldown), Dead Ringer (Activates once upon death, revives him with some health and activates invisibility), and stock revolver.

This is a bucket : 0
It's hard to live : 0
Inconclusive : 7

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but how high into 9-B is the Spy?

Toga is scaling to 20083.2 kilojoules, and her dura is slightly higher (20920 KJ).

So 4184 KJ, that means Toga's AP is 4.8X higher than Spy's and her dura is 5X higher.

I'm not voting yet, but she has quite the advantage already just on stats alone.

Anyways converting into kilojoules Himiko has a 4.8x advantage in AP. Unfortunately she doesn't seem armored so Spy backstabs a civilian and then backstabs her once he finds her.

No I'm serious, unless she literally kills any Civilians that get close to her eventually Spy is going to find her and put his knife in her heart.

How does that work, and does that make this fight a stomp? So he can one shot anyone, no matter their durability?

How does that work, and does that make this fight a stomp? So he can one shot anyone, no matter their durability?
I mean, it says so in the name, Spy just needs to stab you in the back once and you're dead pretty sure thats game mechanics but whatever.

Maybe these abilities should be on a the character's profile, instead of just listing dura negation via backstabbing.

He makes it seems like it's set in stone though, that it can't be avoided at all unless she kills a civilian or something? An attack that cannot be dodged and ignores dura should have some special mention on the profile.

It just says his backstab ignores durability, so... If she finds him GG, cause while Spy is a good fighter he isn't exactly getting around a 4.8x advantage in AP very easily.
Maybe these abilities should be on a the character's profile, instead of just listing dura negation via backstabbing.

He makes it seems like it's set in stone though, that it can't be avoided at all.
Considering how good Spy is at actually getting close enough to backstab someone? (As in he's Agent 47 levels of good if not better) Yeah it's damn difficult to avoid

Anyways converting into kilojoules Himiko has a 4.8x advantage in AP. Unfortunately she doesn't seem armored so Spy backstabs a civilian and then backstabs her once he finds her.

No I'm serious, unless she literally kills any Civilians that get close to her eventually Spy is going to find her and put his knife in her heart.
You literally said that unless she kills any civilians, Spy is going to find her and put his knife in her heart.

How am I misunderstanding this, your saying she has zero chance.

Spy has literally every opportunity to kill Himiko from behind, he has regular Invisibility and Your Eternal Reward to reset it, even if Himiko Taga kills him, he can revive with Dead Ringer and immediately turn invisible to finish her. He should win this at least more often than not.

His invisibility seems pretty bad from what I'm seeing, he still makes noise (Makes him easily trackable) and is slightly visible at times. Also he can't attack while invisible and has to de cloak which makes a loud noise apparently.

"While cloaked his footsteps are still audible, and his outline is occasionally visible, alongside him being unable to attack until he undergoes a somewhat lengthy and loud decloaking process, which is louder with the dead ringer."

You literally said that unless she kills any civilians, Spy is going to find her and put his knife in her heart.

How am I misunderstanding this, your saying she has zero chance.
That's cause it's pretty damn hard to find someone who literally has assumed the looks and voice of a random civilian. She has a chance if he finds him before he pokes her with the devil's spoon or does what I said but the chances of the former are slim

Yeah, Spy doesn't really actually use his Invisibility and relies far more on his disguises anyway however, least from what I've read and seen.

However, according to SBA they'll start within several meters of each other.

Spy will have to lose Toga before he disguises himself, since they start in visible distance of each other.

If he can lose her, sounds like he should win. If not then she should win. Though it's not in Toga's character to fight with people around, she'd prefer to stay away from crowds and kill out of sight. So I have no idea what's going to happen.

I see, I miss that in the OP.
Eh, it's just his in-character, Dead Ringer is loud however, how loud you might ask?

louder then God damn gun fire.
However, according to SBA they'll start within several meters of each other.

Spy will have to lose Toga before he disguises himself, since they start in visible distance of each other.

If he can lose her, sounds like he should win. If not then she should win. Though it's not in Toga's character to fight with people around, she'd prefer to stay away from crowds and kill out of sight. So I have no idea what's going to happen.
Uhhhh, how does spy's gun have several meters of range? If your good a Revolver has 100 meters effective range...

Extended melee range with Knives, several meters with firearms. Just going by his profile.

If they both disguise themselves, can they even find each other? Since if they start out of sight with each other, I imagine Toga will disguise herself as well since people would be around and she doesn't draw attention to herself.

Extended melee range with Knives, several meters with firearms. Just going by his profile.

If they both disguise themselves, can they even find each other? Since if they start out of sight with each other, I imagine Toga will disguise herself as well since people would be around and she doesn't draw attention to herself.
I mean he has a damn Revolver in his page picture lol

May force an incon at that point if neither can actually find the other.

Assuming they start around 100 meters or over, I'd vote inconclusive if Spy has no way of finding her while transformed.

Since I don't see how Toga could find him while he's disguised as someone else. If he can find her he wins, if not inconclusive.

Spy's range has been buffed by the CRT so I'm voting Spy
Uh... that ain't gonna help when he can't see his opponent. Plus he'd rather just backstab and disguise to sneak up on someone the just shoot his Revolver at someone he isn't in Line of Sight of.

Also 5x difference between Spy's AP and Toga's durability.

Considering how good Spy is at actually getting close enough to backstab someone? (As in he's Agent 47 levels of good if not better) Yeah it's damn difficult to avoid
Really? Look I know Spy's good, but I didn't fully take him as being as good or beyond the abilities of Agent 47; Who has some out there knowledge/sensory abilities, but cool, Spy is haxed in inventory usage I guess, However Weaponry AP might need a bit of work as 47 has Building tier weaponry. I did however personally believe that whole "only being smart to plan to kill just a room of people" May be an understatement for being the worlds best picked then.

Really? Look I know Spy's good, but I didn't fully take him as being as good or beyond the abilities of Agent 47; Who has some out there knowledge/sensory abilities, but cool. I did however personally believe that whole "only being smart to plan to kill just a room of people" May be an understatement for being the worlds best picked then.
Agent 47 has abilities to get close to his targets, I'd say Spy has similar feats from memory

Back