• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Springtrap vs Springtrap (Novels vs Games): NANI?!?

Springtrap (Novels) vs Springtrap (Games)

Many horror characters and movie villains have had alternate versions of themselves. Freddy Krueger with Normal movies, new nightmare, and remake. Michael Myers and the Dead by Daylight Shape. But for this it is two versions of William Afton, the one who killed the kids at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

Rules

• Both are at their strongest (Novel at "At least 9-C", Game at "9-B")
  • Note: Against those who say 9-B vs 9-C STOMP, due note that all the games feats are...sketchy. A lot of factors can disprove his strength and even his durability feat. But this isn't a content revision.
  • Novel version has a knife
  • Speed is Equalized.
  • Fight takes place in the original diner
Results

• Novel: 2
  • Game:
  • Inconclusive:

I vote the Novel version. The game version just doesn't feel like he's got anything. Novel Afton has fought humans and animatronics before, using pressure points and his knowledge of robotics to take down opponents.

Game Springtrap gets his AP justification from taking fellas by surprise. Novel Version, according to SBA, is not taken by surprise. It's a face off.

Nah, they hate his guts. Remember, he killed them. And, with the fight taking place in the original diner, they wouldn't even be there, as they reside only in Fazbear's Fright.

Technological Manipulation (Possibly the one behind the apparition of the Phantom Animatronics, who can make sound, camera, and ventilation malfunction).

What is the justification for that? The Phantoms materilizing has nothing to do with Springtrap, and everything to do with the Puppet, who is there in physical form, and is helping the kids souls, as the Happiest Day minigame showed.

You're right. But so did the Puppet. Literally nobody is there on Night 1, and the minigames, for all their confusingness, show the Puppet being the one that interacts with the Phantoms. Not Springtrap.

When? The puppet interacts with the OG character's souls. Not the phantoms. Heck tbh I doubt the phantoms are sentient. Also we have already had a content revision sorting a lot of FNAF stuff out. I can link it if you wish.

The Puppet is directly connected to one of the Phantoms. Phantom Puppet. Just before the Phantom Puppet's own sequence of screw you in the Office, the player views the actual Puppet in Camera 08. We know it is the original version because it is unburnt, which the Phantom is, and it has a reflection in the water, which none of the Phantoms do.

But, I did find this. Make of it what you will. In the novels, Springtrap can control the Twisted Animatronics. Could that be a hint that his game version controls the Phantoms? Just a thought.

True, true.

Yes I do know that. Forgot to add that to the profile. I'll do it after going through the twisted ones again.

Though this conversation should likely continue on a different thread, as not to muddle this one.

Yeah, I understand. If you wanna keep discussing, create a new thread, and drop a link on my message wall.

The OG Puppet dosn't appear in any capacity in FNAF 3 outside of the minigames. Game Springtrap probably controls the phantoms.

Except for just before Phantom Puppet appears. You see OG Puppet in the cameras. Yes, that's the real one and not a phantom. That one is unburnt and he has a reflection (which none of the phantoms do)

The Novel Version, The game version just isn't as strong as what William Afton has. He's a murder , he has knifes, he cheated death way too many times (feels like more than Darth Maul), and he makes more advanced animatroniki like the Twisted Animatronics.

He is just way too deadly alone!

We honestly do not know that they don't. For someone as fast and as ruthless as he apparently is, it takes him a long time to get to your office and kill you. Who says that the Phantoms aren't slowing him down, a detriment to both sides.

His profile says he controls the phantoms, so for now we must assume he does. If you want to make a content revision thread about this, I won't stop you.

To be fair, Springtrap likes to surprise his victims. He is very witty, as he killed 5 kids with one single plan.

I do not think the phantoms would just slow him down, as when they jumpscare the player, they instantly speed him up in both FNaF 3 and UCN.

Springtrap, merely, a hybrid (half-dead human and half-dead animatronic), does not control the phantoms. He only reason the phantoms attack the player is because of ventilation, if you are exposed to enough heat, you will get dehydrated. After being dehydrated, you will find yourself seeing some things you aren't really seeing, and having your vision fade out a bit.

Also, think about it. The building was hot enough to catch fire, so losing ventilation for a few moments should be enough.

Back