• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound really, really, really stupid, but since there's equal speed, Spongebob.

Now hear me out, if spongebob has the magic book, and that gives him reality warping, couldn't he just, y'now, reality warp kirby.

ok ok, get your pitchforks, but I legitiamately believe that a Weenie like Spongebob wins this.

Jinx666 said:
Just inhale spongebob and be done with it
Or at least his book

Kirby
And how would he get past the fact that Spongebob has the ability to change if that happens or not, Plot Manipulation is huge, and is the major reason why that version of the character is in the Unknown tier(Similar to Bugs Bunny).

Inhale the book that he relys on for it

And since its taken to another dimension, i doubt it could work on the dimension they "were" fighting in

He also needs Ink. Da hell is he gonna get ink from, he only has the book

Jinx666 said:
Inhale the book that he relys on for it
And since its taken to another dimension, i doubt it could work on the dimension they "were" fighting in

He also needs Ink. Da hell is he gonna get ink from, he only has the book
Thats not the point. How is kirby going to get to the book, let alone fight spongebob if he can change the plot to his will. Also, the book is magic, why would he need ink, and if it did, why would he not have it on him?

Kirby doesnt need the book, he just inhales it, i doubt SPongebob could hold onto it and write it, heck, what if he coukd copy the books ability XD

And he needed the ink in order to write it when they were all on that cliff, also cause hes very stupid.

Jinx666 said:
Kirby doesnt need the book, he just inhales it, i doubt SPongebob could hold onto it and write it, heck, what if he coukd copy the books ability XD

And he needed the ink in order to write it when they were all on that cliff, also cause hes very stupid.
Why wouldn't he have ink on him, if he has the book! Also, if their speed is equalised, why cant he just write while running(or write in the book before he can hit him)? I doubt it will take him very long to simply write kirby out of exsistance, or make himself powerful enough to the point where kirby can't even touch him.

I'm siding with Kirby in this fight. He's far too versatile and experienced for Spongebob to deal with, even without the inhale hax. And with Bob's Town Level durability, he can only hold his own for so long. The only thing helping him in this fight is his 4-A attack potency.

Zianmoon2 said:
With the book, I doubt it will take Spongebob very long to simply write Kirby out of existence, or make himself powerful enough to the point where Kirby can't even touch him.
The OP never specified Spongebob having the book, only that speed was equalized. So Kirby wins easily.

Even if Spongebob had the book, I highly doubt it would take Kirby that long to devour the book, either. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Kirby himself can counter-act as well.

Zianmoon2 also said:
If their speed is equalized, why can't he just write while running, or write in the book before it can hit him?
Except speed is equalized, so there's no running away either, if Kirby is also that fast. Kirby can simply inhale it while flying after Spongebob on the warp star.

Jinx666 said:
I'm for Kirby winning this, but think you're downplaying a little bit. Assuming the OP initially intended to give Spongebob the book, why would we give it to them if we're not going to let him use it? And yes, Spongebob isn't nearly as smart as Kirby, but I highly doubt it's as low as you say it is. It wouldn't really matter anyways, since all he has to do is write in the book.

"The OP never specified Spongebob having the book, only that speed was equalized. So Kirby wins easily."

Standard Battle Assumptions States that unless stated otherwise, the strongest canon version of the characters fighting is to be used. This also answers the ink question, due to there being a time when he had the ink.

"Even if Spongebob had the book, I highly doubt it would take Kirby that long to devour the book, either. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Kirby himself can counter-act as well"

I thought that Kirby has to harness the opponents power after he's already put them in his stomach dimension, wouldn't this give spongebob time to use the book?

Anyways, if all of what I'm saying can be countered by you two, I'd say Kirby wins. It's been a great deal of fun debating on a side I wasn't exactly positive for(Big Nintendo fan here, I just saw that SB was a character I didn't know too much about and an underdog) Thanks for the challenge of trying to prove SB of all characters winning a vs debate against Kirby. :)

The pressure from kirby inhaling will prevent spongebob from writing anything while kirby closes the gap, if spongebob runs then kirby follows while still inhaling and it becomes even harder to write will running and dealing with the inhale pressure.

At some point the pen or the book or something is going to get sucked up and prevent the book from being used, and in a straight up fight spongbob gets rekt.

Zianmoon2 said:
Standard Battle Assumptions states that unless stated otherwise, the strongest canon version of the characters fighting is to be used.
So, the 4-A Spongebob without the book.

I thought that Kirby has to harness the opponents power after he's already put them in his stomach dimension, wouldn't this give spongebob time to write in the book?

No, he doesn't. When he devours them, they're automatically turned into objects and trapped in bubbles. And like Sword Dancer said, it's more likely that the pen is going to get swallowed first, preventing the book from being used within a reasonable amount of time.

Also, Spongebob has a history throughout the TV series of being... pretty incompetent, to say the least. It's likely he'll get pressured a bit, but I highly doubt we have to look THAT far into it.

Zianmoon2 said:
"The OP never specified Spongebob having the book, only that speed was equalized. So Kirby wins easily."
Standard Battle Assumptions States that unless stated otherwise, the strongest canon version of the characters fighting is to be used. This also answers the ink question, due to there being a time when he had the ink.
Standard Battles Assumptions states that the strongest is to be used, meaning the one with the highest tier. The Spongebob with the book is listed as Unknown, so we have to use the 4-A version.

Zianmoon2 also said:
I thought that Kirby has to harness the opponents power after he's already put them in his stomach dimension, wouldn't this give spongebob time to use the book?
When Kirby inhales someone, they turn into an object trapped in a bubble that he can use later. He can either absorb the object, combine two stored objects to get a composite ability, or turn the object into an ally.

And like Sword Dancer said, it's likely that the pen/ink/book will get swallowed first regardless, leaving Spongebob with nothing but his 4-A tier ranking and Town Level durability to help him.

Spongebob aint 4-A. Good while it lasted. So not even one of my upgrades was correct. Sigh maybe next time. So Kirby wins.

For Spongebob and the rest of Bikini Bottom, Kirby may as well be the Main Drain given limbs and a deceptively cute appearance.

He devours everyone and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back