• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SpongeBob & Patrick Star's speed, and their powers & abilities Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpongeBob has been shown to move as fast as Patrick before in the TV series. I think SpongeBob should have comparative speed to Patrick.

This seems reasonable. Though I think Patrick has a higher speed for a particular reason. Maybe a specific feat perhaps?

VenomElite said:
This seems reasonable. Though I think Patrick has a higher speed for a particular reason. Maybe a specific feat perhaps?
SpongeBob should be able to be fast as Patrick due to the fact that SpongeBob Reality warps & defys Logic casually.

A quick way to describe logic Manipulation: Everything is possible, whether it makes sense or not.

I can list a few things that proves that SpongeBob defys logic in the TV series before which would give a high possibility that SpongeBob can make himself as fast as Patrick while doing so.

That's a bit much. His logic defying abilities are Toon Force if I'm not mistaken. Something many cartoon characters have.

Because it's difficult to quantify their speed, especially due to their size (Spongebob lives in a real pineapple so his size scales). We also had some complications with the verse in the past.

I know, Venom, I was pointing it out because the OP saying one should scale to the other seemed pointless when they're both unknown

Blahblah9755 said:
I know, Venom, I was pointing it out because the OP saying one should scale to the other seemed pointless when they're both unknown
If you're refering to speed, then you should of watched the episode that shows Patrick running to the Sun & came back in about 10 secs that proves he's FTL & SpongeBob has comparative speed to Patrick.

I suppose I should highlight this then. If not size, I'm positive there was some reason why they are ranked as unknown speed wise and it was discussed in a past thread.

Hmmm, given that Spongebob is incredibly inconsistent I think it would be fair to say "FTL at his peak" or something similar to that. I know that we've used this before when dealing with other characters who are highly inconsistent.

Colonel Krukov said:
Hmmm, given that Spongebob is incredibly inconsistent I think it would be fair to say "FTL at his peak" or something similar to that. I know that we've used this before when dealing with other characters who are highly inconsistent.
Yes.

I think that we have had this discussion before, and ended up with Unknown speed values, due to extreme inconsistency.

Also, this thread is likely not important enough to highlight,

Antvasima said:
I think that we have had this discussion before, and ended up with Unknown speed values, due to extreme inconsistency.

Also, this thread is likely not important enough to highlight,
This should be the right upgrades:

SpongeBob's Speed: Massively Hypersonic (as the Quickster), FTL at his peak (should be comparative to Patrick).

Patrick's Speed: FTL (Ran straight into the Sun and came back)

Add to Patrick's powers & abilities: Resistance to Heat (I forgot to mention that)

Add SpongeBob's powers & abilites as well: Cutting Immunity, Elasticity, and Impact Absorption (I also forgot to mention).

I think that the FTL value was treated as an extreme gag humour outlier.

Antvasima said:
I think that the FTL value was treated as an extreme gag humour outlier.
I believe so too. It's also a little bit more off, considering both their other times of having difficulty outrunning a human, escaping from a bunch of birds and that we're going to rate a brand new form that explicitly amps Spongebob's speed heavily as MHS while rating his base FTL.

I understand that humorous, "gaggy" cartoons are very inconsistent. But I feel like there has to be a certain place we draw the line and call something an outlier.

Personally in my opinion we are too generous with cartoons and accept close to any feat, no matter how outlandish and contradicted, while putting all other media under vast scrutiny. At least, if the previous Town level Homer Simpsons ratings, Multi-Galaxy level Gumball, etc. are any indication.

I think Ryu's comment is fair.

That said I think Quicksilver Spongebob being MHS via that other feat is just fine, since he did that while explicitly amped by a supernatural suit. Not sure what for base Spongebob though.

I think that Ryukama makes sense. Do you wish to place an explanation footnote in his page about this issue? It would likely avoid future repetitions of this discussion.

Okay. Feel free to change the page accordingly then.

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back