• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Spoilers) Pokémon: The Crown Tundra Discussion Thread

ignoring that the regis are sealed because people feared them
Ignoring that that was in the other regions. We have no idea how they got here, nor why they were sealed here, and the caves here can be opened simply by whistling or having a Crygonal on you.

Ignoring that that was in the other regions. We have no idea how they got here, nor why they were sealed here, and the caves here can be opened simply by whistling or having a Crygonal on you.
We do know why they were sealed there, and that’s cause the people feared their power.
And they are still sealed even when the player gets there. So what’s the point?

The Regis are hidden away in caves, while the Birds roam about and are pretty openly hostile (as soon as you come across them, Moltres screams at you, and Zapdos charges past you without worry and attacks Moltres). Birds would probably be a safer bet.
This proves Articuno is the least bitchy of the galaran trio and is the nicest

This Articuno did, in fact, break up the fight before your Phone started ringing, and stayed in the Crown Tundra, while the others migrated. So, I mean, you’re not wrong...

Speaking of the birds, two changes need to be made.

Moltres' aura should not be considered "Soul Hax" and moreso fits within Empathic Manipulation. I say this as based on the official website, "Spirits" seems to moreso refer to fighting spirit and less souls.

"It exudes the energy churning within its body as an aura akin to a column of raging fire, leaving ordinary Pokémon unable to even approach it. It is especially skilled at attacking opponents’ minds by spreading its wings wide and unleashing a wicked aura. Opponents hit by such attacks are overcome with deep fatigue, as if all their energy has been burned away."

This implies more mental hax and less soul based hax.

Now, Articuno should have Durability Negation with each of its psychic attacks considering this fact given;

"This Pokémon battles using intense psychic powers that act directly on the cells of living beings. The beams of psychic energy fired from its eyes have a particularly potent effect. The slightest touch of these beams leaves the victim totally immobilized, as if frozen. The Pokémon finishes off immobilized opponents using the condensed psychic power of its wings."

Articuno's psychic powers directly attack the opponents on a cellular level.

I do believe it’s not the Aura labeled as Soulhax, but the fact that Moltres’ Fire Burns away your very Soul

I do believe it’s not the Aura labeled as Soulhax, but the fact that Moltres’ Fire Burns away your very Soul
"This Pokémon's sinister, flame-like aura will consume the spirit of any creature it hits. Victims become burned-out shadows of themselves."

This is the quote used and it is the same as what I posted above. It never says that it burns the soul, but consume the spirit. And as I showed, said aura is referenced to be a mental attack, not a spiritual attack in this context.

Alright, fair enough. I should have double-checked what people thought before I added it, but I didn't so

I did give it to the legendary birds when I added their galarian counterparts, but aside from that I haven't done anything. Did the Pokemon from the Isle of Armor ever get Dynamax?

Love Pain Split. An interesting move, and quite Haxy for the realm of Pokèmon, considering their non-status Moves dont usually hold much Hax.

By the way, as Dynamaxing requires the Pokémon to be in a specific environment to do so does SBA mean the location their in is one where they can Dynamax? If so how does the fight is set in a set location in a different Verse, like Gotham City, affect this?

I mean, SBA acknowledges paradoxes- ‘if this would lead to a Paradox, such as it being Day for one character and Night for another, than so be it’ when speaking about the Strongest Version thing. So Gotham would suddenly have Dynamax Energy I guess

I’m not sure. But my question is how would Dynamax work under verse equalization?

Isn’t Dynamaxing pretty much just Pokémon using small space-time distortions? Or something like that?

I believe that’s the canonical answer, yes. Then again, the same quote also says it just makes them look better, which obviously isn’t the case. Think the canonical answer isn’t too reliable.

Adding to Dragon's points about the Galar birds, shouldn't Galarian Articuno have illusion creation (or duplication) and teleportation on its key? (It literally displays both of these abilities on the field as a roaming legendary).

Adding to Dragon's points about the Galar birds, shouldn't Galarian Articuno have illusion creation (or duplication) and teleportation on its key? (It literally displays both of these abilities on the field as a roaming legendary).
I can't believe I forgot about that. I'd say duplication should be fine considering it seems similar to Double Team

Wasn’t Double Team explained as Afterimages in the anime? These clones just sort of ’poof’ away after being caught, implying it’s moreso Illusions.

Oh yeah, you're right. Profiles do like Afterimage Creation

Am I alright to add Afterimage and Teleportation to Articuno?

Oh yeah, you're right. Profiles do like Afterimage Creation

Am I alright to add Afterimage and Teleportation to Articuno?
I'll wait for Staff approval considering the 4-A shenanigans that happened earlier plus I think It'll be best to add all the edits on to Galarian Articuno's key in one go (since I found a couple more things).

To summarised what Galar Uno gets:

*Illusion creation: Self explanatory.

*Teleportation: Self explanatory.

*Durability negation/limited matter manipulation: Stated on the official pokémon website that it's psychic powers work on a cellular level.

*Telepathy/homing attack: The move mind reader is literally described as reading the opponents mind and allows Cuno's next attack to never miss.

*Damage reduction: As well as creating a force-field, reflect also halves any physical damage Cuno takes.

*Weather manipulation: Via hurricane, should have comparable weather manipulation to its mainland counterpart.

*Damage Transferal(?): Via psycho shift, passes a status condition on to the opponent (tbh I don't know the best way to describe this ability).

*Possibly longevity/enhanced senses: There's no reason to assume it has a shortened life span compared to its mainland variant as well as diminished senses too (albeit this last addition I don't mind either way if it gets added or not).

*Also I believe Galarian Moltres' aura will be changed to empathetic/mind manipulation rather than soul manipulation going by the previous discussion.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
We can safely have profiles for the new Regis since they just scale to the old Regis. The Galar Birds are logically equal to the Kanto Birds, so their keys can also be added. Meanwhile, the other Galar Legendaries suffer in featless hell.

Hopefully the Anime Episode next week will give at least some feats that can be used to make the profile for the dogs and Eternatus, otherwise we will be waiting for the Manga which isn't quite known for its punctuality.

We can try to get some AP of this.

The move only Zacian can learn: Behemoth Blade!

With this Steel-type physical move, the sword in Zacian’s mouth grows to gigantic proportions and is used to slice at a target. It is especially strong against Dynamax Pokémon, and the impact of it slams right through a Dynamax Pokemon's body to deal devastating damage. The destructive power of this move is said to be enough to cut the very ocean in two.

If I remember correctly, it was decided the statement's too vague, considering we don't know the timeframe of the cut

Back