• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Spoilers) Pokémon: The Crown Tundra Discussion Thread

Did any Pokemon not introduced by this DLC get new Pokedex entries? Is there a list of new Dex Entries?

Here's some interesting pokedex feats:

Calyrex (Ice Rider): It's said that this Pokémon once moved a large forest—and all the Pokémon living there—to a new location overnight.

Calyrex (Shadow Rider): Legend says that by using its power to see all events from past to future, this Pokémon saved the creatures of a forest from a meteorite strike.

Both sound mountain or island level (7-A or 6-C)

It also gives Calyrex/Spectrier some good precognition.

@Robot972 : Agreed. Maybe we could try & look for real world forests that parallel those on Galar to get an idea of the forest's size & what Pokemon might be present?
Also, probably a late discovery, but I'm going through a thread on Smogon. I discovered a sort of new move, Triple Axel.
"A consecutive three-kick attack that becomes more powerful with each successful hit."
Pokemon that can use it include Alolan Sandslash & Ninetales (quadrupedal) , Milotic, Frosslass (Frosslass has legs?), Cinccino (Tiny legs/feet.), Cryogonal, Primarina, & Frosmoth.
XD

Last edited:
So, for future's notice when we have the feats needed to actually make the profiles, I imagine Calyrex and his steeds would be like the Tao trio in terms of formatting, right?

I'm not talking scaling and whatnot, I'm talking Lore.
Oh. Well, Eternatus has been absorbing the energy of the Galar Region & Calyrex is low on energy when it awakens, right? Do we know more of Calyrex's story?

Though, since I'm curious about the meteor....
"It was inside a meteorite that fell 20,000 years ago. There seems to be a connection between this Pokémon and the Dynamax phenomenon."
Presuming Eternatus wasn't curled up -Oh no what if we have to find the diameter of an Eternatus ball?- then if it was inside the meteor, the meteor was big enough to contain it.
So if Eternatus was at its "height" inside the meteor, & the meteor was sufficiently spherical, the meteor probably had a diameter of around 20 meters (Eternatus's "height".), not accounting for the thickness of the crust surrounding Eternatus that'd technically make the meteor slightly bigger still.

The result is a volume of 4188.7902 cubic meters.

Our Calculations page says meteors should be 11,000 m/s if they came from space, high end is 17,000 m/s & if not from space but is ablated, 2,000 to 4,000 m/s. They give density of 3,000 to 3,700 kilograms per cubic meter. Using the volume from above, let's do some math. I'll assume it came from space.
Low End Density: 12,566,370.6 kg Resulting KE with 11,000 m/s speed: 7.60265421E+14 J (High 7-C - Large Town Level.)
High End Density: 15,498,523.7 kg Resulting KE with 17,000 m/s speed: 2.23953667E+15 J (About 2,239,536,674,650,000 joules. Still High 7-C.).

Big oof. 20 meters big oof, in fact.

Let's suppose it was the 100 meter tall Eternamax Eternatus in there. Full power way back in the past?

Volume: 523,598.776 m3 I'll just do High End Density & Speed this time. Mass: 1,937,315,470 kg Kinetic Energy: 2.79942085E+17 Joules (About 279,942,085,415,000,000 joules precisely. 7-B - City Level.)

So yeah. Unsure Calyrex stopping such a meteor would be very impressive. Maybe the forest moving part?

(Also, I just realized I forgot to include Eternatus's mas, but even on the high end, Eternatus's amusingly, comparatively paltry 950 kilogram mass (Eternamax Eternatus has unknown mass.) ONLY adds a mere 137 billion, 275 million joules to the yield, lol.

Last edited:
Going through Serebii's list of returning Pokemon in the Crown Tundra & looking for Pokedex entries. I'm going to presume they're new, & will post what I find interesting. (Which will probably be practically every entry.)

* Nidoran Female:
Sword: Females are more sensitive to smells than males. While foraging, they’ll use their whiskers to check wind direction and stay downwind of predators. (Oddly, only Bulbapedia has an entry up for Nidoran-M (I don't find it interesting enough to post.) & neither Bulbapedia nor Serebii have entries for Nidorina, Nidorino, nor Nidoqueen.)

* Zubat:
Sword: It emits ultrasonic waves from its mouth to check its surroundings. Even in tight caves, Zubat flies around with skill.
Shield: Zubat live in caves, down where the sun’s light won’t reach. In the morning, they gather together to keep each other warm as they sleep.

* Golbat:
Sword: It loves to drink other creatures’ blood. It’s said that if it finds others of its kind going hungry, it sometimes shares the blood it’s gathered.
Shield: Its feet are tiny, but this Pokémon walks skillfully. It sneaks up on sleeping prey before sinking in its fangs and slurping up blood.

* Jynx:
Sword: In certain parts of Galar, Jynx was once feared and worshiped as the Queen of Ice.
Shield: The Jynx of Galar often have beautiful and delicate voices. Some of these Pokémon have even gathered a fan base.

* Electabuzz:

Sword: Many power plants keep Ground-type Pokémon around as a defense against Electabuzz that come seeking electricity.
Shield: With the coming of a storm, many of these Pokémon will gather under tall trees and sit there waiting for lightning to strike.

* Magmar:

Sword: Magmar dispatches its prey with fire. But it regrets this habit once it realizes that it has burned its intended prey to a charred crisp.
Shield: These Pokémon’s bodies are constantly burning. Magmar are feared as one of the causes behind fires.

* Omanyte:

Sword: Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem.
Shield: This Pokémon is a member of an ancient, extinct species. Omanyte paddles through water with its 10 tentacles, looking like it’s just drifting along.

* Omastar:

Sword: Weighed down by a large and heavy shell, Omastar couldn’t move very fast. Some say it went extinct because it was unable to catch food.
Shield: Omastar’s sharp fangs could crush rock, but the Pokémon can attack only the prey that come within reach of its tentacles.

* Kabuto:

Sword: This species is almost entirely extinct. Kabuto molt every three days, making their shells harder and harder.
Shield: While some say this species has gone extinct, Kabuto sightings are apparently fairly common in some places.

* Kabutops:

Sword Kabutops slices its prey apart and sucks out the fluids. The discarded body parts become food for other Pokémon.
Shield The cause behind the extinction of this species is unknown. Kabutops were aggressive Pokémon that inhabited warm seas.

* Aerodactyl:

Sword: This is a ferocious Pokémon from ancient times. Apparently even modern technology is incapable of producing a perfectly restored specimen.
Shield: Aerodactyl’s sawlike fangs can shred skin to tatters—even the skin of Steel-type Pokémon.

* Articuno:

Sword: It’s said that this Pokémon’s beautiful blue wings are made of ice. Articuno flies over snowy mountains, its long tail fluttering along behind it.
Shield: This Pokémon can control ice at will. Articuno is said to live in snowy mountains riddled with permafrost.

* Articuno-Galar:
Sword: Its feather-like blades are composed of psychic energy and can shear through thick iron sheets as if they were paper.
Shield: Known as Articuno, this Pokémon fires beams that can immobilize opponents as if they had been frozen solid.

* Zapdos:

Sword: This Pokémon has complete control over electricity. There are tales of Zapdos nesting in the dark depths of pitch-black thunderclouds.
Shield: Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokémon. It’s said that when Zapdos rubs its feathers together, lightning will fall immediately after.

* Zapdos-Galar
Sword: When its feathers rub together, they produce a crackling sound like the zapping of electricity. That’s why this Pokémon is called Zapdos.
Shield: One kick from its powerful legs will pulverize a dump truck. Supposedly, this Pokémon runs through the mountains at over 180 mph.

* Moltres:

Sword: It’s one of the legendary bird Pokémon. When Moltres flaps its flaming wings, they glimmer with a dazzling red glow.
Shield: There are stories of this Pokémon using its radiant, flame-cloaked wings to light up paths for those lost in the mountains.

* Moltres-Galar:
Sword: This Pokémon’s sinister, flame-like aura will consume the spirit of any creature it hits. Victims become burned-out shadows of themselves.
Shield: The sinister aura that blazes like molten fire around this Pokémon is what inspired the name Moltres.

* Dratini:

Sword: Dratini dwells near bodies of rapidly flowing water, such as the plunge pools of waterfalls. As it grows, Dratini will shed its skin many times.
Shield: This Pokémon was long considered to be no more than a myth. The small lump on a Dratini’s forehead is actually a horn that’s still coming in.

* Dragonair:

Sword: This Pokémon lives in pristine oceans and lakes. It can control the weather, and it uses this power to fly into the sky, riding on the wind.
Shield: This Pokémon gathers power in the orbs on its tail and controls the weather. When enshrouded by an aura, Dragonair has a mystical appearance.

* Dragonite:

Sword: It’s a kindhearted Pokémon. If it spots a drowning person or Pokémon, Dragonite simply must help them.
Shield: This Pokémon is known as the Sea Incarnate. Figureheads that resemble Dragonite decorate the bows of many ships.

That's just the Kanto returning mons. There are a lot more returning Pokemon (& new moves.), but I want to do other stuff tonight, plus I'm sure this is getting wordy for some folks' tastes, & you'll all be able to read it all here or on Bulbapedia or PokemonDB or Veekun or wherever soon enough, I'd bet, so yeah.

Alrighty then. I was working on posting a new Pokemon CRT thread similar to the last one, with one or two abilities for multiple mons. I'll take a look at this and see what can be added

Yeah. Not sure Serebii has ALL the dex entries up (May be worth cross-checking Bulbapedia, since the info seems to still be being discovered, & based on the Nidoran thing.) & so far I've been as indiscriminate as to include EVERY entry I've seen. & also that's not even close to all the returning Pokemon.

If I'm not mistaken, there's 119 returning Pokemon, plus 5 new Pokemon, plus 4 new Galarian forms. (I covered the 3 Legendary Birds' Galarian forms, though.) 128 in total. Presuming 2 entries each, that'll be 256 (lol.) new Pokedex entries.

On perhaps less consequential notes, I'm happy to learn that Regigigas can finally learn Protect & Rest! Maybe it'll finally get into NU now!

Also, I laughed out loud at Base Calyrex's base stat total. 100 in HP, 80 in every other stats. Worse than a fully evolved starter! It's like Phione but with 20 more HP & a worse typing! (But maybe a better movepool.)

Like, I'm half-wondering if Calyrex will face competition from Exeggcute. Admittedly, Exeggcute is only used in Little Cup, & Exeggutor is viable in both PU & ZU, which is just tragic.
Eviolite Exeggcute is almost as bulky, "only" has 20 points less Sp. Atk & while its ATK & Speed are much worse, it has better recovery (Synthesis vs Life Dew.) & Sleep Powder.

Again, that's comparing to Exeggcute. I half wonder what role it has that Exeggutor can't do. Does it have the tools for a physical sweeper? It only has 5 more points in HP & Sp. Def, so it's barely a better wall, especially with Exeggutor's 85 DEF & other options.

Regidrago has a cool tibid in his shield dex entry. It is said to possess the power of every dragon type Pokemon (obviously non-legendaries). It’s pretty cool.

Funnily enough, people had the argument about you can't scale the statements of Galar's Legendaries as "strongest pokemon" to the other Legends since they didn't exist... Now Max Lair exist, an dungeon known by the scientists of Galar that are very aware and tell you outright Legendaries show up in there within the story of the DLC ... Including those of the Creation Trio... I just feel that's very ironic in a sense, you know ?

Funnily enough, people had the argument about you can't scale the statements of Galar's Legendaries as "strongest pokemon" to the other Legends since they didn't exist... Now Max Lair exist, an dungeon known by the scientists of Galar that are very aware and tell you outright Legendaries show up in there within the story of the DLC ... Including those of the Creation Trio... I just feel that's very ironic in a sense, you know ?
That is very ironic.

Eh, we should take all "strongest Pokémon" statements with a huge grain of salt, especially if it involves the Creation Trio. Remember that Kyurem was called the strongest Dragon-type when Giratina exists.

I don't agree with that Ion. I truly don't. Because to be honest, the Galarian Trio have everything going for them here:
1) They have no Anti-Feats whatsoever within their Lore to deny this claim.
2) Scientists from the Galar Region are aware of the scope of these Legendaries as they send in trainers to challenge the Legendaries within the Max Lair, which we do know for a fact the Creation Trio can in-fact show up.
3) The fact the Legendaries show up in the Galar Region does much better proving the statement can potentially apply for them. Kyurem comparison to Giratina doesn't make sense as not only does Giratina in-fact not show up in Unova but the individuals in question in those regions wouldn't know enough to back up that claim when they aren't aware of the scope of legendaries for the most part, this event proves that Galar has ways to know of the scope of these legendaries to back up that claim.

Alright. Like, I give you literally 3 extensives reasons why I believe , and rather than at least a fricking effort to debunk you just say 'I won't agree' and that's final ?

What happened to high 3-A Eternatus tho?

sorry if I’m oblivious to that, haven’t been in the Pokémon section for a loooong time.

im guessing “infinite amounts of energy” doesn’t guarantee a high 3-A?

There was an Eternatus profile, but a certain kitchen appliance got it deleted because these people hate Eternatus scaling or lack thereof or something, the reason was flimsy either way.
So now we're forced to wait for the anime (blegh) to give either Eternatus forms feats before doing anything.
The same anime that made Mewtwo made by Team Rocket and had Arceus get hurt by a meteor.

Last edited:
so didn't that electric regi thing have enough energy as all of galar? regieleki?
"Its entire body is made up of an single organ that generates electrical energy. Regieleki is capable of creating all of Galar's electricity." - sword dex entry

Back