• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spike The Dragon vs Sonic The Hedgehog (My Little Pony vs Sonic the Hedgehog (IDW Comics)) (0-8-0) (GRACE)

both are 8-a, base sonic vs baby dragon spike
Speed equal

spike:

sonic: 8

incon:

Last edited:
Doesn’t Sonic outskill?
803435798850043944.webp

Sonic blitz, if speed is equalized it would be a more fair battle. Sonic can not use his Air Manipulation as Spike has Flame Manipulation, so that leaves sonic to use either physical attacks or Vibration Manipulation. What stops Sonic from overwhelming Spike with Homing Attacks and Spindashes? What does Spike have to offer that challenges Sonic's experience? I'm leaning toward Sonic.

Sonic blitz, if speed is equalized it would be a more fair battle. Sonic can not use his Air Manipulation as Spike has Flame Manipulation, so that leaves sonic to use either physical attacks or Vibration Manipulation. What stops Sonic from overwhelming Spike with Homing Attacks and Spindashes? What does Spike have to offer that challenges Sonic's experience? I'm leaning toward Sonic.
Yeah sonic wins here easily. But I thought speed was equalized.

This is usually a problem if said speed amp makes him jump a tier in speed or if it allows him to blitz comparable people

I mean sonic doesn’t always boost his attacks, spike is still a couple times stronger and can burn sonic alive with his flames. I’d say it’s still fair

This is usually a problem if said speed amp makes him jump a tier in speed or if it allows him to blitz comparable people
No, it doesn't. It becomes a problem if for instance, a supersonic character with speed boosts goes up against say, a light-speed character, and then the supersonic character proceeds to blitz because speed equalized and they can speed boost, which is something the ls character normally wouldn't struggle with.

Does Sonic resist enough heat not to die from Spike's fire-breath?

Then that seems like a very valid wincon.
Spike's fire-breath can be massive.

How long does Spike's fire breath last? If it does have a limit and Spike needs to take intervals I can see Sonic using the homing attack in between

No, it doesn't. It becomes a problem if for instance, a supersonic character with speed boosts goes up against say, a light-speed character, and then the supersonic character proceeds to blitz because speed equalized and they can speed boost, which is something the ls character normally wouldn't struggle with.
Oh yeah I forgot to say

This is usually a problem in speed equal matches if...

Well he doesn't seem to be using his full power when he lasts for 11 seconds.

I mean, his 8-A fire breath is normal fire breath. The only difference is the flame is spreading across the bottom of the surface area of the ice cloud. If anything this makes his regular breath attacks far deadlier due to being more concentrated.

Well he doesn't seem to be using his full power when he lasts for 11 seconds.
That and it packs quite the punch. Is it possible for sonic to use his defense aura and power through it with the use of his boost? Spikes flame has a lifting class of M while Sonic has class K, a tier below.

That's kind of a silly justification for Class T. I thought the wiki rejected resistance based on characters "not using their powers against them"?

Doesn't air manipulation strengthen flames?
Sonic's flames dissipate fire, as anti-science as that sounds. He's done so against Blaze. He can even create wind cyclones in space.

Also Class T is from Master Overlord being powered by the Master Emerald, which is superior to the Chaos Emeralds, which is superior to the Base Cast. Not just "not using their powers against them". Not to mention Sonic has canonically struggled against Silver's TK prior, so he's Class T either way. It was even accepted in a recent CRT, I just forgot to add that bit to the justification. Which, I admit, was an oopsie on my part

Anyways, Sonic's "homing attack" is his own body, and if he gets close to Spike he's just going to be melted, so...
I'm pretty sure all of his attacks need him to get close.
Sonic might be able to put out the fire, he might be able to speed boost, so it's probably close, but this stuff isn't guaranteed...

I'm voting for Spike by fire breath.

Back