• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spike The Dragon vs Sonic The Hedgehog (My Little Pony vs Sonic the Hedgehog (IDW Comics)) (0-8-0) (GRACE)

That's kind of a silly justification for Class T. I thought the wiki rejected resistance based on characters "not using their powers against them"?
Dunno about the “he didn’t use his TK” part of the justification but the Master Emerald is supposed to be the strongest thing in the franchise.

How does that scan show homing attacks at all?
Sonic’s “Homing Attack” is a midair Spin Dash where he blasts into the opponent. The attack can be chained into consecutive attacks.

Anyways, Sonic's "homing attack" is his own body, and if he gets close to Spike he's just going to be melted, so...
I'm pretty sure all of his attacks need him to get close.
Sonic might be able to put out the fire, he might be able to speed boost, so it's probably close, but this stuff isn't guaranteed...

I'm voting for Spike by fire breath.
counted

Sonic's flames dissipate fire, as anti-science as that sounds. He's done so against Blaze. He can even create wind cyclones in space.

Also Class T is from Master Overlord being powered by the Master Emerald, which is superior to the Chaos Emeralds, which is superior to the Base Cast. Not just "not using their powers against them". Not to mention Sonic has canonically struggled against Silver's TK prior, so he's Class T either way. It was even accepted in a recent CRT, I just forgot to add that bit to the justification. Which, I admit, was an oopsie on my part
It's all good man. Thank you for telling me this

Sonic's flames dissipate fire, as anti-science as that sounds. He's done so against Blaze. He can even create wind cyclones in space.

Also Class T is from Master Overlord being powered by the Master Emerald, which is superior to the Chaos Emeralds, which is superior to the Base Cast. Not just "not using their powers against them". Not to mention Sonic has canonically struggled against Silver's TK prior, so he's Class T either way. It was even accepted in a recent CRT, I just forgot to add that bit to the justification. Which, I admit, was an oopsie on my part
Oh, nevermind what I said then. Slight overlook on my end.

So with that being said, can Spike stop Sonic from boosting through his flames?
Depends on how Sonic reacts to being set ablaze for a couple of seconds. Even a moment will deal harsh damage since flames can ignore durability and are stronger than said durability to begin with (So I've been told). The damage will weaken his combat capabilities I would imagine. Pain can also distract you, which being set on fire tends to cause a lot of.

I don't think slamming his body into Spike is a good idea.
Is it because of the scales' sturdiness? I ask because Sonic's kinda like a living buzzsaw, as he can cut through metal like butter (Eggman's mechs) that others comparable to his strength can only dent.

Is it because of the scales' sturdiness? I ask because Sonic's kinda like a living buzzsaw, as he can cut through metal like butter (Eggman's mechs) that others comparable to his strength can only dent.
No, it's because Spike's flame breath will kill him if he gets that close.
The only way he can win is by speed amping THEN attacking, which I don't think is in-character for him to do.

No, it's because Spike's flame breath will kill him if he gets that close.
The only way he can win is by speed amping THEN attacking, which I don't think is in-character for him to do.
I disagree. Sonic has blitzed people with speed comparable to his own through his homing attacks in quick flurries, such as Neo Metal Sonic during their first encounter on Eggman's fleet. If Sonic gets that close, Spike isn't going to be able to react fast enough to do anything. Even with speed equal, since Neo Metal IS his equal

I disagree. Sonic has blitzed people with speed comparable to his own through his homing attacks in quick flurries, such as Neo Metal Sonic during their first encounter on Eggman's fleet. If Sonic gets that close, Spike isn't going to be able to react fast enough to do anything. Even with speed equal, since Neo Metal IS his equal
No prior knowledge. He would have to lead by avoiding his front the entire time.

No prior knowledge. He would have to lead by avoiding his front the entire time.
Sonic's accustomed to fighting those with flames, such as Blaze. It would rely on him being hit, which I don't think is likely when he can avoid fire attacks from those much more skilled than Spike himself. All Spike has going for him is range of his fire, but Sonic is no stranger to running in the opposite direction or burrowing underground to avoid unfavorable situations

How fast is Spikes flame breath? He only has a subsonic running speed. Does his flame breath scale to that?
Speed is equal so does it matter? And also yes. Towards the end of the 3:28 second mark in my video, he fires a fireball or burst that hits the guy in the middle left in about 5 frames. Distance this same guy was at 23.65 meters away earlier and has now traveled farther. So that gives his fire breath high-end subsonic speed. Unofficially that is.

Speed is equal so does it matter? And also yes. Towards the end of the 3:28 second mark in my video, he fires a fireball or burst that hits the guy in the middle left in about 5 frames. Distance this same guy was at 23.65 meters away earlier and has now traveled farther. So that gives his fire breath high-end subsonic speed. Unofficially that is.
Just incase it's below subsonic

Sonic's accustomed to fighting those with flames, such as Blaze. It would rely on him being hit, which I don't think is likely when he can avoid fire attacks from those much more skilled than Spike himself. All Spike has going for him is range of his fire, but Sonic is no stranger to running in the opposite direction or burrowing underground to avoid unfavorable situations
Yes, but he doesn't know he has flames. He would probably lead with just a normal physical attack in character I believe.

SBA means they're several kilometers away from one another. I don't think Spike is gonna try and close the distance and initiate cqc when he sees Sonic charging at him, is he?

On the flipside, Sonic has literally leaped over a hundred+ foot walls casually after days of physical exhaustion (in the stamina section). So on the off-chance he can't veer himself away or burrow underground, his agility will take care of it to get him out of "scorching death" range. And Sonic has faced dragons before (though none as colorful as Spike, to be fair). Even if Sonic doesn't recognize he's a dragon immediately, the first assumption when Spike inhales will be he's getting ready for a fire-breath

SBA means they're several kilometers away from one another. I don't think Spike is gonna try and close the distance and initiate cqc when he sees Sonic charging at him, is he?

On the flipside, Sonic has literally leaped over a hundred+ foot walls casually after days of physical exhaustion (in the stamina section). So on the off-chance he can't veer himself away or burrow underground, his agility will take care of it to get him out of "scorching death" range. And Sonic has faced dragons before (though none as colorful as Spike, to be fair). Even if Sonic doesn't recognize he's a dragon immediately, the first assumption when Spike inhales will be he's getting ready for a fire-breath
Which of them has kilometers of range?

Neither, considering Spike only has "Tens of Meters" in his range section for his fire. And even if Spike did, it would only work to his detriment to let Sonic know his main wincon while Sonic is far enough away to dodge it even easier.

Neither, considering Spike only has "Tens of Meters" in his range section for his fire. And even if Spike did, it would only work to his detriment to let Sonic know his main wincon while Sonic is far enough away to dodge it even easier.
Then the battle isn't going to be kilometers, what are you talking about?
It's only going to be tens of meters.

Really? That's how it works now? Huh... Never knew about that change, considering I've seen people arguing SBA being Kilometers even if the range for either character doesn't reach that extent.

Doesn't really matter either way. Sonic FRA for my reasons. His greater skill, far greater mobility, and extensive familiarity with both dragons and fire (as well as fighting those that wield greater control and precision with their fire than Spike has) makes Sonic right at home for Spike to be nothing new or special compared to battles of his past. And WHEN (not if) Sonic gets close, that's it. He's blitzed people with speed equal to his own, Spike will be danced around and Sonic will retreat if necessary to restart the process

Sure. I can vote for Sonic.
I hadn't considered that Sonic could intuit fire-breath based on the fact that he's a dragon.

Doesn't IDW Sonic have some resistance to fire manipulation? He tanked Blaze's fire blast which destroyed a giant badnik:
h68q4Qn3cF4srKA87BZ-FUk1lbExkO8sn-KaKfktYy8TvsTvfy4LVBF48jaTcrQ8NRNP8L7C0gBe-aHr7NRPwDF1qcsvXugFp9BzgSpZP_vmXWoUsJ34UcEnVY5uHBs9MipuaYoUKg=s1600

sM_EOsMDJp3bB46DR1LFGED04g043RlOAq8i8R6_l1n66iMgYP6Yo-Cs-5tXItNEOQZHZN2rTBnerGJiiAnyT9_jqz8SpaGGor0qVMb759rDcgkMOBl6OVkDDzOZw5_S2xkLjS6Ifw=s1600

Not sure if it counts, but he was also charred by an explosion and didn't express much pain at all.

If the game's are canon to an extent that as long as something isn't contradicted holds true to some degree, he likely has fire resistance anyways from fighting Blaze who's main method of attack is fire, no?

I think he'll be fine. Especially fore previously mentioned reasons.

Sonic FRA.

Back