• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbh Disney's kinda dropping the ball in general. Even their own intellectual properties like the Lion King and Aladdin are in honesty, super poor projects, and all of their announced films aren't exactly promising. Idk, maybe they need to shuffle up their company abit because right now, this is dangerously close to early DCEU management

The Wright Way said:
This kind of big business bullying is why some people unironically support communism.
It is a nice thought in theory. However, in practice corrupt and incompetent politicians own and run everything to the ground, which leads to mass-starvation, and they put everybody who disagree with them in genocide camps. Capitalism is also awful though, just considerably less awful than the alternative.

Honestly, Spider-Man is way too important for Marvel and they are desperate not too lose him. Wouldn't be surprised if negotiations have temporarily stalled but they will get him back soon. I doubt Marvel will just let him go this soon

Paulo.junior.969 said:
We all know Disney is just going to buy Sony someday.
They can't. Disney may have more market cap than Sony, but the latter has more net worth and assets overall.

Simply put: Sony is too big for Disney to buy.

Also, the Japanese have laws that prevent foreign corporations from buying out controlling stakes in certain categories of Japanese corporations; and Sony is covered. In addition to Disney not having the funds to buy Sony, they can't navigate the Japanese legal complexities that prevent them from buying Sony.

TheArsenal1212 said:
Honestly, Spider-Man is way too important for Marvel and they are desperate not too lose him. Wouldn't be surprised if negotiations have temporarily stalled but they will get him back soon. I doubt Marvel will just let him go this soon
Might I remind you, this is the same company that killed off Wolverine and Cyclops in hilariously disrespectful way, turned the main X-Men to racist jerkwads, rebranded Doctor Doom as Iron Man, and broke up the Fantastic Four with Reed and Sue chucked out in some extradimensional space, all when Fox held the license for these characters.

Honestly at this point, if Disney doesn't have the Comics Spider-Man stuck in the ******* Negative Zone or crap like that while Miles becomes the new Carnage for the next decade, I'll be legit suprised

Zark is correct about that Marvel Comics did get marching orders from the higher-ups to not produce any storylines that were possible for Fox to adapt in order to put pressure on them to transfer the licensing rights. Hence, the X-Men comicbooks turned into a completely convoluted mess for several years, among other things.

@Soldier Blue

No problem. My comment about Communism may have been too controversial as well.

@Antvasima I thought it was mainly so there'll be no cross-promotion for those films, but in retrospect that makes sense as well.

Nope. For example, the focus on multiple characters from alternative timelines was a part of an intent to make the X-Men stories impossible to translate to the big screen.

Jonathan Hickman's current version of the X-Men are worse racist supremacists than ever though, and as usual they let terrorists and mass-murderers who have gleefully and casually butchered at least thousands of people roam freely as allies.

If I recall correctly, Disney wanted to remove Kevin Feige from taking responsibility for the Spider-Man movies, unless they received a considerably bigger percentage of the profits. I may remember wrong though, or have read inaccurate information.

It is good that you get some benefits. Given that you are military, you definitely deserve to relax every now and then.

Back