• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Train level spider man?! Some very good reaction feats to drones.

Weak film, no Multiverse and Sword or shiia Empire? And my man JK is back.

Natse said:
Using the ICE 3 from this table as a reference, assuming the train is traveling 300 km/h, Peter would have to survive an impact of 1.41e+9 J. Low end building level and weaker than the hypersonic punch Cap got from Quicksilver.
But since he didn't get slammed into a wall, wouldn't you do (TrainMass*TrainVelocity)/(TrainMass+SpideyMass)=Velocity, and then use the velocity and Spider-Man's mass to find the kinetic energy?

I didn't think of that. Did a dirty calculation of the velocity assuming the same units and decided it's not worth going further since it would lead to a Wall class result.

Someone should calculate how fast the drones are they went from a satellite to Earth in seconds.

His tiering is questionable to me now, considering he would definitely get destroyed by bullets they way he dodged the bullets shot by the drones, and used said drones as a shield against the bullets.

He also got pretty banged up by that train.

I'll say this, this film had the worst trailers in terms of misrepresentation of the products. Like, from the promotional materials alone, I thought this film would suck. Was pleasantly surprised.

The film's also probably my fave in terms of the looks of it, simply because you feel the weight of it. Like, the Pink Elephants moments from other MCU moments are fun, but they're unfocused and are there for the sake of being there. The Mysterio's Illusion scene serves a purpose and honestly has the most creative imagery to ever be.

Rest is great, obviously. Another strong story arc (This time not a copy-paste Marvel formula, thank god), strong side-characters, strong villains (yay), great humour, amazing action and great pacing.

Feats-wise pretty weak though, atleast Spidey has wayyyy better precog now, and Mysterio'll be a fun prep character for VS Battles.

Though, Spidey getting hit by the express train is baseline 8-C, from a rough calc I did. Atleast it's a tier justification

Also, normal human beings aren't equipped with the mental and physical fortitude of being swung around by Spider-Man.

Has anyone noticed that the MCU has made Cap much stronger than Spidey?

So here's what I gathered from the film, additions-wise.

Precognition (Able to avoid gunfire from numerous drones firing at him from different directions all at once. Easily intercepted Quentin Beck's final sneak attack), Preparation (With enough time, he can create and customize his own suits), Information Analysis (With the EDITH glasses), Summoning (Of Stark Drones with EDITH), Hacking and Technological Manipulation (With the EDITH glasses, which were shown to tamper with phones amd delete pictures), Resistance to Illusion Creation (His Spider Sense can guide him through illusions and make him overcome them)

Can Create/Summon: Stark Drones

If you look at the Standard Format for Character Profiles, it has a "Can Create/Summon:" section, so we'd make note that he'd able to summon Stark Drones. And a lot of them lol.

He also gets Hacking or Technology Manipulation with the EDITH Glasses, as shown by him erasing the photo on Tiny's phone.

Stark Drones should likely get their own pages, since they're a pretty major arsenal for both Mysterio and Spider-Man

The most common type appear to be just projection drones. The first offensive type have rapid fire guns, which is Street level, but the second offensive type produce shock waves that are a bit harder to quantify.

Shouldn't they be 8-C for harming Spider-Man and likely being comparable to Iron Man?

Yes, as far as I can remember. That's how he got the bruises, right? Nonetheless, assuming the bullets somehow do less damage than the sonic attack is needlessly complicating things.

What'll be the durability for the drones however? Did any of them manage to tank Spidey's attack?

Also, have a 10-B Mysterio profile at work. Probably got most of the abilities done.

Peter no longer has EDITH and he doesn't even know to use it in the first place. He gave it away for that reason. Drones got damage by MJ if all people.

MJ had a mace. And that might be an outlier for all we know.

Peter hacked Tiny's phone and turned off all of Mysterio's drones. Just because he initially didn't know how to control it, doesn't matter. By the end of it, he is a capable controller of EDITH. Also no, he had it by the end, right? I don't remember him ever giving it away

outliers are not count like that. That's an Anti-feat, outlier would have been if she had taken it out completely. MJ only damage the drone with the mace which is an anti-feat.

Peter didn't hack anything. EDITH did face recognition on him again and granted him access. EDITH destroyed all the drones didn't she?

Yes, he did so with EDITH. You said he didn't know how to control EDITH, and I responded to that.

Giving a voice command to a computer doesn't mean he knows how to use it. I can literally control my iPhone with Siri but that doesn't mean I know how to use all the commands since I got it a few months ago.

He can still hack, summon drones and info analyse with them. And that's all the abilities that'll be added to them, then.

Hack? Don't remember him doing that except to delete some photos and that's not useful in combat. He summoned one drone. Peter hasn't summoned them all in character. The analysis was used to read people's cellphone messages I don't see how is that useful in combat but okay.

Drones can be considered glass cannon, are relatively fragile but can damage 8-c spiderman.

"His tiering is questionable to me now, considering he would definitely get destroyed by bullets they way he dodged the bullets shot by the drones, and used said drones as a shield against the bullets."

And what's that?, his 616 version is vulnerable to piercing damage and is still 7-c.

Zark2099 said:
Are maces comparable to sledgehammers? Becuase we can assume the drones' durability as atleast 9-B if that's the case
No, but they can sure as hell **** your head up bad so that's something.

It's confusing. Drones will have Durability of either street level or Wall level.

Also, is it possible to get an image of these STARK drones currently?

Hmmm. It seems this film was lacking in addition of new combat characters 9-C Mary Jane.

I was discussing this on the other thread, but can you make profiles of fiction-inside-fiction characters? Because in that scenario Illusion Mysterio, Sandman, Hydroman, Molten Man, and the composite Elemental might be able to be added to the wiki

Well, I'm glad Peter's precognition finally has decent feats.

Should EIDITH be optional equipment for Mysterio?

The Wright Way said:
Should EDITH be optional equipment for Mysterio?
It's already listed as such on his profile, also yes as he has it for halfway throughout the film, far longer than how long Cap had possesion of Mjolnir or Stormbreaker

The drone doesn't get destroyed, or arguably even really damaged. It was just knocked down temporarily by the weight of the mace hitting it, throwing off its flight pattern. Within a few seconds after the mace hit, from what I recall, it was back up and it was lasering through the door.

Back