• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm assuming it was stated somewhere in Man of Steel, because most other sites I checked say that the Fortress of Solitude is on Ellesmere Island
Closest thing I can find is this, where Lois says they are on Canadian soil. Ellesemere Island is part of Canada

There’s also this quote. Can’t find the exact moment where it was said though, but it’s somewhere in the movie:
I guess somebody found something strange on Ellesmere. AIRCOM's making runs out there all week.

Last edited:
Oh god💀
Why does all this shit come out the second i try to make the simplest CRT.

Can we recalc the zod vs superman feat?

Huh that might nuke the feat a bit
Still MHS+ but it matters on which direction Superman flew to Kilimanjaro from Ellesmere. Did he fly eastward or westward?

Also Google maps shows me a distance of 10700-ish km from North Pole to Kilimanjaro using the trace line, Ellesmere's southernmost tip is even further out, 10960-ish km.

Using the northernmost tip, Ellesmere is ever so slightly closer, 10476.98 km.

If scaling to Superman is removed, what would the characters scale to?
Steppy's the next thing I suppose. That or Superman massively upscales from Steppy.

WW is still MHS+ due to being a lightning timer against Ares tho, which means Superman massively upscales from that too despite having MHS+ feats for himself (Though one could argue he got massively faster as he powered up post-Zod).

Steppenwolf blocks lightning from Zeus for what it’s worth
I mean, Supes at this point just massively upscales from the baseline lightning speeds that the rest of the cast have so not sure what else we can do on this.

I mean for the non Supes tiers

since that would be MHS+ fo Steppenwolf and everyone who fights him

EDIT: Steppenwolf really just is the unironically GOAT of the DCEU and we need to appreciate him more. Man comes in clutch with the upgrades

Last edited:
Still MHS+ but it matters on which direction Superman flew to Kilimanjaro from Ellesmere. Did he fly eastward or westward?

Also Google maps shows me a distance of 10700-ish km from North Pole to Kilimanjaro using the trace line, Ellesmere's southernmost tip is even further out, 10960-ish km.

Using the northernmost tip, Ellesmere is ever so slightly closer, 10476.98 km.
This is what the novel states
A polar bear loped along the Arctic mountain range where the alien spaceship had come to rest. Half buried beneath windblown snow, the ship was anchored to the remote, inaccessible summit like a fortress. The bear growled at the object, and then gave it a wide berth.

Inside the craft, Clark heard the bear amble by. With any luck, that would be the only visitor to stumble upon the ship’s location. A short flight had carried it hundreds of miles away from Ellesmere, or any other human settlement. In theory, he finally had time to explore it at his leisure, now that he had left NORTHCOM—and Lois Lane—behind.
If anyone wants to calc that mountain feat the novel also has this part
A snowy slope seemed to rush up to meet him. He crashed into the side of a mountain, setting off an avalanche. His body bounced and skidded across the rocky ground and over gaping crevasses. Momentum carried him for miles. Unlucky boulders were pulverized by the impact.
Though it should be noted that it seems like Superman was on the Kenya side of Kilimanjaro
Leaving the barren polar region behind, he zipped across the ocean to Kenya, where he cruised above a grassy savannah, barnstorming a herd of stampeding zebras. He whooped in delight as the hot African sun filled him with speed and energy. He waved good-bye to the animals as he rocketed back up into the jet stream, heading west toward America.
Implication here is that he went directly over the ocean to Kenya which.... seems weird. Probably would heavily boost the distance since it implies he went in a weird direction.

This is what the novel states

Though it should be noted that it seems like Superman was on the Kenya side of Kilimanjaro

Implication here is that he went directly over the ocean to Kenya which.... seems weird. Probably would heavily boost the distance since it implies he went in a weird direction.
So basically, the shortest distance (Straight line without deviation in pathway) would have him fly over Europe, but there's no indication of that here.

Yeah, the distance would indeed be increased quite a bit if his flight path doesn't involve Europe at all but mostly ocean and the next place being the African Savannah, which would mean he'd have to go a decent bit south close to South America before making a hard left turn to the East to Africa.

So what will be the timeframe for this entire feat?
7.16 seconds from Ellesmere to Kilimanjaro. Easily Mach 4234 if we take the straight line distance from Ellesmere to Kilimanjaro which involves little travel over the Norwegian Sea and over several European cities, but clearly Supes takes a much, much longer flight path as per the novel and thus should logically be way faster if he covers more distance in that same timeframe.

Last edited:
Bump, has there been a proposal to recalc Superman's flight speed?

I replied. Mathematically speaking it's fine but like Qawsedf showed, the novel states a much longer distance travelled by Supes within that timeframe so logically he'd be covering more distance within the same timeframe which by default would give him a higher speed value.

The flash only i think
Wait, seeing how the scaling that also applied to weakened Supes as well back into the AP upgrades thread, wouldn't it actually make more sense for the rest of them to have:

"At least Massively Hypersonic to at most Sub-Relativistic"?

Last edited:
Wait, seeing how the scaling that also applied to weakened Supes as well back into the AP upgrades thread, wouldn't it actually make more sense for the rest of them to have:

Bump, so about this

Wait, seeing how the scaling that also applied to Supes back into the AP upgrades thread, wouldn't it make more sense for the rest of them to have:

I honestly dont know, i kept thinking about it, technically the feat was done when superman was still beginning to understand his powers so he should be stronger (idk about faster, the guidebook only states he got stronger as he grew up)
But i genuinely dont know if a weakened superman should scale to his inexperienced self tho

So basically, the shortest distance (Straight line without deviation in pathway) would have him fly over Europe, but there's no indication of that here.

Yeah, the distance would indeed be increased quite a bit if his flight path doesn't involve Europe at all but mostly ocean and the next place being the African Savannah, which would mean he'd have to go a decent bit south close to South America before making a hard left turn to the East to Africa.
What do you think of this suggestion?

Back