• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed upgrade for some boruto characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing big, just a couple boruto characters that should receive a speed upgrade

Shikamaru (FTL)

Shikamaru should be upgraded for dodging delta's kick and stopping kinshiki’s axe swing

In the novel, he also manages to bind all 5 kage with his shadow possession (it’s worth noting that naruto realizes shikamaru is about to act yet can’t move in time)

Gaara (FTL)

Gaara uses his sand to close the distance between darui and base momoshiki

He also reacted to and blocked fused momoshiki who’s much faster than his base form

Darui (FTL)

Darui with the assistance of gaara’s sand can clash with momoshiki and is fast enough to pressure him

He’s also just portrayed to be relative to the other kage who are capable of matching and overwhelming kinshiki

Boro (Massively Hypersonic+)

Boro reacts to and blocks mitsuki’s lightning style then later 2v1s him and boruto

He also dodges kawaki’s attack and counters with a knee

Edit: added novel feat for shikamaru

Agree : RanaProGamer, Arc7Kuroi, Excel616, AnimesFreak2, The_Alxhemist (still iffy on physically FTL shikamaru), karzen, rogueprestonian, Dattebayo, Testarossa002, LordGriffin1000, RaveeCPN, emircaw, Archinord991, Godernet, LeOuterCore, NaruRiasUzumaki, 45Saef, Stryker861, Shadowbokunohero

Disagree :

Last edited:
Disagree for Shikamaru, not only was Delta not in the right state of mind then to properly launch an attack, he also failed to react to an even slower limited Code the chapter before.

The Kages upgrade seems fine.

not only was Delta not in the right state of mind then to properly launch an attack
What implies that her mental state at the time decreased her attack speed to that extent? She might’ve showed hesitation towards eida but that’s for obvious reasons

he also failed to react to an even slower limited Code the chapter before.
Limited code with karma is FTL, and are you sure that wasn’t code using his claw mark on shikamaru? Especially after activating karma, code is seen mainly moving through the battlefield with that jutsu rather than physical speed. Plus we never actually saw him leave his claw mark that he appeared from later

There’s also the feat of stopping kinshiki’s axe mid swing btw

The Kages upgrade seems fine.
And sounds good, opinion on boro?

Last edited:
simple khinshiki/delta not using his speed🤔
What implies that? Right before shikamaru stops him, kinshiki shows anger towards sasuke and threatens to kill him. Then his attack almost connects before being interrupted, it was an intended lethal blow.. and he’s fought sasuke already so he knows he doesn’t have to hold back his speed. Plus kinshiki’s speed showings against the kage prove he wasn’t holding back because he was getting dodged and tagged by chojuro and kurotsuchi

As for delta, nothing points toward her speed being that affected by her mental state at the time. She didn’t hesitate with her kick and even when shikamaru was confused with her attacking him, she told him “but! eida said!” as if that’s reasonable, she fully gave in at this point

Agreed with OP. I think what actually makes Shikamaru stopping Kinshiki’s swing impressive is that Sasuke couldn’t evade it as we can with how close the axe reached him. And he dodged Delta’s kick while already using the Shadow Possession jutsu, so he had to break the jutsu first to evade it.

What implies that? Right before shikamaru stops him, kinshiki shows anger towards sasuke and threatens to kill him. Then his attack almost connects before being interrupted, it was an intended lethal blow.. and he’s fought sasuke already so he knows he doesn’t have to hold back his speed. Plus kinshiki’s speed showings against the kage prove he wasn’t holding back because he was getting dodged and tagged by chojuro and kurotsuchi

As for delta, nothing points toward her speed being that affected by her mental state at the time. She didn’t hesitate with her kick and even when shikamaru was confused with her attacking him, she told him “but! eida said!” as if that’s reasonable, she fully gave in at this point
So you think Shika only gets his React and Attack Speed Shadow?

Agreed with OP. I think what actually makes Shikamaru stopping Kinshiki’s swing impressive is that Sasuke couldn’t evade it as we can with how close the axe reached him. And he dodged Delta’s kick while already using the Shadow Possession jutsu, so he had to break the jutsu first to evade it.
Exactly, and shikamaru was able to stop it mid swing. As for delta I honestly forgot he had his shadow possession up, just makes his feat more impressive

So you think Shika only gets his React and Attack Speed Shadow?
He dodged delta, unless you can prove her mental state was weak enough to decrease her attack speed that substantially then he’s physically FTL as well

And like rana pointed out, he also had his shadow possession up at the time making it even harder to dodge

Last edited:
I can agree with this. Also, Delta/Bronco was completely overwhelmed by Eida’s love so there should be no reason for her to hold back. Although ig maybe you could say Shikamaru saw it coming, but bare minimum his shadows should probably scale.

I can agree with this. Also, Delta/Bronco was completely overwhelmed by Eida’s love so there should be no reason for her to hold back. Although ig maybe you could say Shikamaru saw it coming, but bare minimum his shadows should probably scale.
Shikamaru is perceptive but honestly it seems like he wasn’t expecting an actual attack here, considering his reactions before and after the kick. Plus before this happened he looked at delta and said she lost her fighting spirit, I think that’s worth noting too because it would seem less likely she’d attack anyone in general

As for his shadows yeah I think it’s pretty straight forward

Limited code with karma is FTL, and are you sure that wasn’t code using his claw mark on shikamaru? Especially after activating karma, code is seen mainly moving through the battlefield with that jutsu rather than physical speed. Plus we never actually saw him leave his claw mark that he appeared from later

There’s also the feat of stopping kinshiki’s axe mid swing btw
I was talking about when Code appeared from the belt makes on Shikamaru's neck. I'm all for his shadows scaling to the Õtsutsuki duo but still iffy on his physical speed.

And sounds good, opinion on boro?
Fine too, I'd like to think he's faster than that tho

I was talking about when Code appeared from the belt makes on Shikamaru's neck. I'm all for his shadows scaling to the Õtsutsuki duo but still iffy on his physical speed.
He was already losing his shit with amado at this time, code even said that he couldn’t waste such an opportunity to make a move

And there’s still the dodge against delta’s kick btw

Fine too, I'd like to think he's faster than that tho
I’m fine with an “at least” ig but sarada commented on his speed not being all that great compared to his power

He dodged delta, unless you can prove her mental state was weak enough to decrease her attack speed that substantially then he’s physically FTL as well

And like rana pointed out, he also had his shadow possession up at the time making it even harder to dodge
hmm good explanation, agree for shika-chan

Agree with OP, points were clearly given as Kinshiki was definitely not underestimating Sasuke’s speed and was going all out and also while Delta was under Eida’s enchantment it still didn’t affect her combat speed.
Also Binding the 5 kage including Naruto before he could react is very consistent for FTL.
And I assume nobody sees anything wrong with the rest.

So agree with OP FRA.

So is this scaling to Shika's Attack and Reaction Speed?

Agree with everything else obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back