• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gargoyle I believe it was weekly battles to say it once in thread which asked a similar question.

People are questioning this too hard.

Speed Equal is simply, "Don't worry about speed" Only time when this changes is if you're like Saint Seiya's Cronus and have an attack that negates distance itself. If you have an immeasurable speed attack as a FTL character, your attack has its speed equalized. Simply put, in a speed equalized match, speed is never important, Speed equal matches are made so that our number of possible matches aren't limited. Otherwise many characters couldn't fight the likes of Saint Seiya (Over sextillions of times FTL) or Digimon characters (Infinite speed tier 10's and 4's) who have quite a few extremely fast characters. Speed Equal fights are made to make you think more on the abilities of the combatants whether than if they speed blitz and end the fight.

If you are going to use a character whose speed is the source of their best haxes (Flash) and make it speed equalized, then you have to wonder why you are making the fight in the first place. At that point the battle loses meaning.

@Dragon

I'm still vehemently against the idea of not equalizing speed strictly because the person is a speedster.

The Everlasting said:
@Dragon

I'm still vehemently against the idea of not equalizing speed strictly because the person is a speedster.
By that point why use Flash?

>Flash vs Goku

>Speed Equalized

...stares at OP

That's one of the problems. IMP? Speed. Phasing? Speed. Speed stealing is probably the one of the few things he doesn't need speed for.

The Everlasting said:
@Dragon
It isn't about if it's a speedster, I mean we still equalize the likes of Sonic and Quicksilver. I'm simply saying if their hax is specifically based on speed.

If said characters have other haxes then no issue. Like I said people are overcomplicating things.

Well let's say it's Flash vs a star level character who is only MHS. Flash wouldn't be able to use IMP then, since he needs to be near/at the speed of light to use that attack.

Since when is Attack speed an exception. When you say "speed equalized" means: yo, dont look at the speed section. Unless there is some hax that makes you ignore distance or time, the rest is null.

That's the point where you start changing the source material itself for the sake of avoiding a spite matchup. :^)

what.

Unless specified, under Speed equalization, the characters can use all their abilities. That's the point, discussing their abilities and avoid "lulz character X blitzes and wins".

PaChi2 said:
Unless specified, under Speed equalization, the characters can use all their abilities. That's the point, discussing their abilities and avoid "lulz character X blitzes and wins".
If there is a pre-requisite that needs to be met for an ability to be used in the form of speed, and speed is equalized to a level far below that speed, then how can the ability be used? Is the Flash gonna have infinite mass and energy at supersonic speeds now?

You know, why do you even equalize speed lowering The Flash's? Cant you simply bump the other character to his speed?

Not that it matters, tho.

I think that we have talked about speed equalisation several times before. We should probably close this thread.

Antvasima said:
I think that we have talked about speed equalisation several times before. We should probably close this thread.
I think it was agreed on the fact the attack speed is equalized so for me you can close this.

Okay. I will close it then.

For the record, speed equalisation is far from a perfect solution, but it is the only way for most matchups to work at all.

@Pachi

I've always assumed the faster person was scaled down, since they would have feats of being at a lower level, while the slower person doesn't have feats at being at a faster level.

I guess the above makes sense, somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back