• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this a lot so, to make it clear when someone says:

-Speed equalized.

Does it refer on every speed or attack speed is an exception?

I've seen both staff and non staff members confusing the two.

Attack speed is an exception

It also affects speed buffing moves with exception of time Manipulation

I found people who think differently so... If someone who made the rule or was part of the process could answer??

1. I've spoken about this on multiple occasions to people I trust on here.

2. I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere, hold on.

I think in good vs debates people tend to over complicate speed equalization. From what I've seen people usually focus on other things more important in debates ( such as abilities experience etc.) So it's like they put all of their effort into things aside speed equalization. And whenever people bring it up they just over think it.

@Knight It's not talked about a lot cause there isn't too many cases with that problem.

And i don't understand the logic behind saying SPEED equalized, but attack SPEED isn't.

Because if one attack is hundreds of times faster than reaction speed of the other person it's the same as blitz stomp, as you can just spam that attack and the other person won't even know what happened.

Thou, i don't really wanna discus this i just want an answer from couple of staff members here.

Actually I've seen quite a few people say the same as Gargoyle. So I always assumed it was right. I believe I've seen one of the mods say the same at some point.

WilliamShadow said:
Because if one attack is hundreds of times faster than reaction speed of the other person it's the same as blitz stomp, as you can just spam that attack and the other person won't even know what happened.

Thou, i don't really wanna discus this i just want an answer from couple of staff members here.
There's a thing called Aim dodging, 90% of characters can do it.

I never really understood about how we treat attack speed honestly. If you ask me, it should be equalized too for the simple fact that if i have to aimdodge and you don't, you still have the advantage because you are the faster one. Which takes away the point of speed equal

Speed Equalization as a whole is honestly dumb.

When even administrators and other the other higher ups are confused on speed Equal, something needs to change.

When someone says speed equalized even if you don't know the rules the first thing you will think is that all speeds are equalized. Lol

I honestly think a person should specify whether speed is Equalized but not attack speed etc.

Given I was the one who started the rule, I'll expand.

Speed stomps as a whole have gotten way out of hand. I originally proposed the rule to keep people who are hundreds of times faster from blitzing. Not characters who are five times faster. Before the rule, MFTL+ characters were being put up against MHS characters. That was what I was trying to stop.

Attack speed is equal to be proportional to a "normal" speed for attack moves. A Kamehameha is gonna move at the same speed as it normally does in the anime. Someone with a 5 quintillion laser speed gets it equalized to be Kamehameha-esque. I could explain it better but...

Not really.

You have many cases where someone who uses their speed as an advantage is put in a speed Equal match. Which leads to problems.

@Cal you made the rule?

And i wrote "Since you are the number 1" simply cause you make more vs threads than anyone else does. Lol

So does Speed equalization even affects speed boosting techniques like Ren Overture? I heard some people says it affects every speed boost techniques, but i'm not quite sure anymore... and what about Wolfie Always faster than his opponent be in a Speed Equalized fight?.

Such as? If that character can't do anything other than being fast and strong, it just means that it's a DB character you should put it against a haxless opponent

Kaltias said:
Such as? If that character can't do anything other than being fast and strong, it just means that it's a DB character you should put it against a haxless opponent
Akame i would say is a good example where she uses her speed to deal with persons that have an armor, or some other abilty to deal with her sword.

RIP.

Wolfie: Briah! Nil-

Speed Equalized: BETCH NO

Wolfie: W-W-Waht?

I mean you can put Akame against another 8-C/7-C/7-A and she can beat them up the usual way even if she can't OHK

Kaltias said:
I mean you can put Akame against another 8-C/7-C/7-A and she can beat them up the usual way even if she can't OHK
That's speed in both manga and anime for her. Thou I don't see it as a big problem in vs match ups so that's kinda irrelevant I guess.

Don't remind me of Akame vs Saber, literally 5 people including me and the OP agreed that Equalizing speed for a person who uses speed is dumb.

It'd be like equalizing speed for Ruby Rose, the Flash or literally every Claymore character, I'm amazed that wasn't removed.

Kaltias said:
With "usual" I meant the "hit them till they die" like any other character
Yeah, I know. Usually the argument is her skill as assasin and it's legit so it ain't a problem.

Anyway, is Attack speed equalised or not, from what I understood from Cal's post it is...

Ok, people we are derailing a bit let's just stay on.

Whether attack speed is equalized or not.

Uh yeah, that's how every character without hax wins fights. Also Flash still has hax

Kaltias said:
Uh yeah, that's how every character without hax wins fights. Also Flash still has hax
Again wrong, using you're own speed or using other abilities you have that aren't hax are also taken into account.

But we're derailing.

I'm curios where the "Attack speed isn't Equalized came from"

I think someone should highlight this, we still have Admins confused on this.

I personally think there should be a thread where we can define, and rewrite the limitations of equalization in versus threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back