• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed calc related question

Basically There's are 2 guys A and B, B was holding a sticky nuclear hand grenade impossible to remove and accidentally activated it, just as it detonated, guy A rescued guy B by carrying him away and out speeding the detonation speed of nuclear hand grenade itself.

I know the speed of guy A can be calc'd by:

Speed of guy A = (Distance moved by him to rescue guy A)/(Distance moved during detonation by explosion/Speed of detonation)

the problem here is "Distance moved by detonation", since it was on literally Guy B hand and impossible to remove, it literally is at almost "0" distance away. What gotta do here? Should I take paper thin distance or smth for distance moved by detonation blast before guy A carried him away or smth?

Using the thickness of the material covering the bomb could work. We see beams come out though, so I'm not sure, maybe pixel scaling the width or length of them?

Oh wait, I think i found a way. Basically what I can do is to take account into how much energy is needed for the gloves they are wearing to burn let's say "EG". Now since the gloves weren't burn at the end and everyone was entirely fine, it means the amount of energy needed for it to burn wasn't delivered. So what I gotta do is to calc the total Energy produced by explosion at detonation area, say "ED", and calc'ing it's time "T" the energy took to be absorbed fully by gloves (grenade and thickness of gloves so; 0.001/4000 seconds) then ED/T = Power. Then all I gotta do is just find the time, say "T2", which would be just less than the time "T3" in which the total energy required for gloves to burn was delivered (EG) and we got our answer.

Fastrat would have to save them within or in "T2" time or else, the gloves will burn away.

Last edited:
Back