• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: PUNISHMENT FOR POSSESSION

And for my next entry into the saga... I have made another Jumpscare Mansion thread. Honestly, I do like this verse a lot and it's nice to have an opportunity to use them more often.

Also this would probably be one of the few times Environmental Destruction feats come in handy
● ------------------------------------- ●
Malak's victory upon the mansion was decisive though it did take a while. His minions battled the many specimens in each room culminating in a final confrontation against The Red Taker which was killed unceremoniously. In a last ditch attempt, the host attempted to take control of this powerful intruder as he relished in this victory.

She was too slow.

Now the demon runs the mansion and rest assured, there will be some changes...

"And then I need to direct it into the cooling engine and shut down the valve on its right?" Malak asked, a guidebook in his hands.
"That's right, and be aware of the infernal cooler and the regular one. One keeps souls stable and the other does basic stuff like uh... makes the air conditioning run," Spooky explained, floating over his shoulder.

"And what if I were to ignore one of these irritatingly convoluted steps?"
"Then this mansion explodes, I think... Souls are incredibly volatile when kept for too long and messing up one step can cause a chain reaction that detonates every soul contained in the mansion, so... no more mansion I guess."

Malak had expected an easy takeover, managing to threaten Spooky into handing over control over the mansion. Going through the many rooms, he came across the heart of the place, a spiraling engine containing the souls claimed by it. He had never encountered this room on his way to the top, its contents and system earning his interest, enough to leave the former host alive to learn more about the potential of the mansion.

"Agh, what is that noise?!" Malak winced suddenly.
"What noise?... Oh right, whoever runs the mansion will be alerted when someone enters. This place is too big for a doorbell anyway. You should uh, probably deal with that if you want it to stop," Spooky explained.

"Alright Agatha, keep her busy while daddy deals with this... annoyance," the demon ordered before teleporting away.
"Yay, new friend!" Agatha exclaimed, quickly taking Spooky's hand and dragging her along.

"We're gonna have so much fun! We can draw, we can tell scary stories, we can share all our secrets... our mistakes... our pains... we can eat all the crayons, the red ones taste the best by the way. But let's start with hide and seek~"

Meanwhile Malak arrived before the entrance with a burst of smoke, ready to test out his new abilities on this new soul. Words came to mind quickly and any speech would certainly be better than whatever that little ghost came up with for her entrance speech. Though a glance at this soul quickly shattered any eagerness he had.

"This is the end, the result of your ignorance..." the stitched specter spoke, black ooze seeping through the walls, floor, and ceiling of the lobby.
"The end? The end?! The only thing I hope will end is the number of specters that continue to bother me!" Malak ranted before snapping his finger, teleporting Mortality into a familiar fancy area.

"Make yourself useful and give this specimen a challenge, I want to see how useful these things really are~"

• Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Room 810
latest

b210d396fa20bf8ef868db653574c2cd77aeb595.png

VS
spooky_s_jumpscare_mansion__specimen_12_redesign_by_zoenidas_dbtzkic-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
I think 12's AP feat is more impressive, and he has a weapon, so I think he should take AP/durability

However, Mortality's non-physical, how is 12 getting past that? Will his possession work?

However, Mortality's non-physical, how is 12 getting past that? Will his possession work?
Probably, he doesn't resist it
I think 12's AP feat is more impressive, and he has a weapon, so I think he should take AP/durability
I mean, Mortality does have Death Manip. I'm kinda banking on him just destroying Room 810 via corrosion inducement before the Old Man can reach him

I mean, Mortality does have Death Manip. I'm kinda banking on him just destroying Room 810 via corrosion inducement before the Old Man can reach him
Mortality will delay killing his opponent and goes for physiological manipulation to start with until they've begged for their life enough. so he'll destroy the entire room before he even thinks about going for the kill.

Mortality will delay killing his opponent and goes for physiological manipulation to start with until they've begged for their life enough. so he'll destroy the entire room before he even thinks about going for the kill.
Sweet

Should I count this as a vote for Mortality?

Mortality FRA. The Protagonist of Spooky's is suggested to have been possessed by Specimen 12 during the Bad Ending hence why they turned evil and they have either became a ghost or is implied to lack a soul by that point so my argument about Mortality not being able to be possessed can be dismissed.

Morality FRA, i may also add that mortality death manip is legit just touching the enemy
Mortality's wincon is that he has to destroy the Specimen itself (The location) before he can kill its host (The scythe guy) because otherwise he'll get possessed and lose. But yeah, he does kill his opponent with one touch. He just doesn't do that in character until the entire place has been utterly shambled.

Mortality's wincon is that he has to destroy the Specimen itself (The location) before he can kill its host (The scythe guy) because otherwise he'll get possessed and lose. But yeah, he does kill his opponent with one touch. He just doesn't do that in character until the entire place has been utterly shambled.
just to add onto this, Mortality will also not go for the kill even after that, he typically to continue to torment his victim for some more time after that before ACTUALLY killing them.

he takes his sweet time.

And just to get this concluded

Mortality FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back