• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul of Cinder vs Asura (Asura's Wrath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
The fight takes place in the Kiln of the First Flame. They start at 5 meters away.

Mantra Asura. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Soul of Cinder: 7 (Mr. Bambu, Keeweed, Chargerinmywall19, Sir Ovens, Steven Pogi Paitao, AdobeAldo23904, Rikimarox2)

Asura:

Inconclusive: 2 (LordGriffin1000, Gargoyle One)

Soul of Cinder
Mantra asura render by superkaijuking-d9v3qhj

Soul of Cinder has a pretty advantage over Asura, but his Flight, Regenerationn and Energy Blast abilities are quite useful against it.

Well, SoC can defend himself with ranged attacks, and I doubt Asura would just keep spamming ranged attacks.

I'm going to go with Inconclusive for right now.

Soul of Cinder has things that help like his his damage buff and damage reduction and several healing spells and the Toxic pyromancy but Asura has the ability to regenerate his arms that get destroyed, flight so he can get a distance and energy attack that he can spam from said distance. Plus his rage increase can act as a counter for Soul of Cinders buffs.

Therefir said:
Well, SoC can defend himself with ranged attacks, and I doubt Asura would just keep spamming ranged attacks.
He can spam a lot but not forever.

Wait... Asura needs to transform in his Berseker form in order to regenerate his arms right?, and in character Asura only spam energy attacks in his Berseker form.

Flight doesn't matter, Soul of Cinder would have the knowledge of many entities who fought, for example, dragons (namely, Gwyn, Chosen Undead, etc)

My vote is for SoC for experience advantage and healing negation, superior versatility in attacks,etc etc.

SoC Mid- to High-Diff

@Therefir

He regenerates when he is pissed and unleashes energy but it doesn't happen often (Tho I specifically said his arms so it isn't a big advantage). He can spam in and out of Breserker Mode.

@Mr. Bambu

... Really, thats funny because said enemies don't fly around like that in Dark Souls and land to try and attack you.

Second having knowledge doesn't mean he is Instantly going to get past that so flight does matter, not a lot but it isn't irrelevant.

You should also be more specific about more versatile in Attacks as his Pyromancy doesn't cover large ranges, his soul arrows and Lighting bolts and Sun Spars can be counterd by Asura's energy blasts or dodged.

Not saying he can dodge everything but SoC needs to also dodge as well.

What Regenration Negation the SoC have again.

Also while SoC has fought many different enemies, Asura has the closet combat advantege given he has six arms and speed is Equalized so if he doesn't spam energy attacks he'll go in close combat which is bad for SoC as he can counter 6 arms easily.

SoC have a massive combat experience, having 6 arms is nothing really.

Also, Asura never fly while he is on the earth.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Therefir

He regenerates when he is pissed and unleashes energy but it doesn't happen often (Tho I specifically said his arms so it isn't a big advantage). He can spam in and out of Breserker Mode.
Only using the berseker form he can actually regenerate his arms.

-... Really, thats funny because said enemies don't fly around like that in Dark Souls and land to try and attack you.-

Just gameplay mechanics, also there are several enemies who can fly and attack you in the air

-Second having knowledge doesn't mean he is Instantly going to get past that so flight does matter, not a lot but it isn't irrelevant.-

Asura never do that in character, he always goes close combat if his enemies are close to him.

-You should also be more specific about more versatile in Attacks as his Pyromancy doesn't cover large ranges, his soul arrows and Lighting bolts and Sun Spars can be counterd by Asura's energy blasts or dodged.-

SoC have homing attacks, is more difficult for Asura to dodge that.

Trying to fist fight the SoC is the last thing most characters want to do! He has 1000's of years of experience and has the knowledge of 2 countries worth of warriors atleast; and he has a lot more versatility in close range meaning if Asura tries punching him to death he probably gets parried and stabbed like the ashen one or gets hit by a point blank sunlight spear to the face.

@Griffin

SoC has knowledge of anything all previous Lords of Cinder. All magical attacks, all fighting forms, etc. His ways to damage are pretty damn high. As for flying, that isn't actually true. Dragons do swoop down and try to attack you. Aldrich does something of almost the same thing at a lower height with his swooping attacks. Flight isn't an issue.

Actually, with enough power his pyromancy could cover long distances. As seen with the Witch of Izalith feat. As for lightning, yes. Any attack can be dodged. Your point?

My vote is to SoC. My reasons have been stated. Got stuff to do. Good luck boyos.

Asura has way more combat experience though, and he is a brawler first and foremost. He's going to keep close to SoC and keep pounding him into submission. Also, Asura is used to tanking hits from those within his tier range and shrugging it off before proceeding to fight back. So I'm going to have to give it to Asura.

Inb4 you say SoC has his sword, so did Augustus, and Asura fought him just fine.

I'm not counting that, it's obvius that SoC have more combat experience, and have the ap advantage.

Therefir said:
I'm not counting that, it's obvius that SoC have more combat experience, and have the ap advantage.
I don't think it obvius but I do think he needs to give a feat of his experience considering the SoC has 2 countries worth of warriors atleast and most of the end game warriors were in a dragon war so they had plenty of experience.

Asura has fought guys with 12,000 years of combat experience. How many years have the Lords of Cinder been around? And does SoC have a clac for it's AP?

Sir Ovens said:
Asura has fought guys with 12,000 years of combat experience. How many years have the Lords of Cinder been around? And does SoC have a clac for it's AP?
He's at the minimum 9 times baseline and the max is unknown, but the SoC has a lot more versatility. As for the experience I would say they're about equal, the SoC is the combination of everything the chosen undead and bearer of the curse kill and that's thousands of warriors and a lot of those soliders have been around for a thousand years and fought in the dragon and/or giant war. Edit* you should ask in the moon presence vs SoC thread how strong he is since a lot more knowledgeable people are there.

I uh... I'm from that thread.

SoC is, like you said, at LEAST 9x baseline Star level for containing the souls of all confirmed Lords of Cinder (Lord Gwyn, Solaire of Astora, The Chosen Undead, The Bearer of the Curse, Yhorm the Giant, Ludleth of Courland, Aldrich the Devourer of Gods, The Abyss Watchers, and in theory Prince Lothric (although Prince Lothric is questionable as some theories do state that he did indeed begin fueling the First Flame, but... grey area and whatnot). There is also mention of other souls (Vendrick is said to have made use of a particularly powerful soul to keep the waning of the Flame at bay for awhile whilst he researched a more permanent cure- there's no mention of how long and considering Vendricks long life, this could have been a very long time indeed). It is viewed that it could have been Vendrick's soul, as he went Hollow shortly afterwards. I don't care much for DS2, so my knowledge is limited.

So, you can safely say there are at LEAST 9 LoC souls powering the Soul of Cinder, but... the potential for more is incredibly high. Fire Keepers tend to Chosen Undead, those who would become Lords of Cinder. There are hundreds of said Fire Keepers at the DS3 Firelink Shrine alone. There are many firelink shrines. I would say, upside, there could be over one thousand total Lords of Cinder contained within SoC, but... again, only estimations.

So he's pretty powerful.

As for how many years of experience, gwyn alone was around for many, many thousands of years. That is ONE Lord of Cinder- and each subsequent one should be more powerful than the last as each one kills the previous Lord of Cinder (Chosen Undead killed Gwyn, Ashen One gained Cinders of the Lords from Abyss Watchers/Yhorm/Aldrich/Ludleth/Lothric).

That means SoC one shots basically. Unless I'm reading this wrong, SoC does indeed have the AP advantage. I take back what I said, SoC for the reasons above.

If you want it, I can change Vajra Asura for Wrath Asura or Mantra Asura.

In summary:

SoC's advantages:

+ Slightly AP advantage

+ Has statistics amplification

+ Has homing attacks

+ Has far more combat experience than Asura

+ Can heal himself

- SoC can't fly

Asura's advantages:

+ The rage makes him stronger

+ He can fly

+ Has range advantage

- But in character, Asura will not fly several kilometers from his opponent to snipe them, and SoC can heal himself anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back