• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't know the name of Sora per SBA IIRC.

Otherwise, what are they reliant to for that?

Unless we want to turn this into some kind of mystery game where they have to search for each other through NYC and work out each other's identifies before starting the fight, I'm pretty sure they know each other's appearances at the very least, which is all Arthur really needs to say "BFR the person I'm visualising"

He could just summon the Atlas and ask it what Sora's name is.

Mmm...

I guess the place on SBA should be changes as Sora lacks any techniques to keep up on this scenario.

Maybe a simple desert? There's not many places (if at all) to hide in.

Apparently all of Sora's abilities will conceptually kill Arthur on hit, so no resistances. It's more just that Arthur's abilities come out faster, and his Keys can counter Sora's abilities in ways other than just "resisting" the attack.

I'm not sure why they all conceptually kill, seeing as the one justification of conceptual manipulation on Sora's page does not lend anything to the rather evidence-requiring proposition that his every ability will conceptually kill people, but I've decided to see if I can get Arthur the win without needing to argue against Sora actually being able to do that.

Well, all of his offensive techniques destroy Heartless and all, which are of this nature, hence why all of his attacks have conceptual nuking properties pretty much, as they are all tied to the Keyblade itself, which holds such abilities.

That just shows that they can finish off beings of that nature. It doesn't mean they'll automatically one shot Arthur.

In any case, I haven't' actually cast a vote yet, but I'll just vote Arthur via his attack coming out faster and his Keys automatically protecting him from Sora's attacks in various ways.

Well, Arthur lacks a resistance, and those hitted this way just vanish from existence.

Anyways, how exactly the keys block? As it sounds like they just pop up or something.

"Those hit this way"

What way exactly? Can I see evidence of Sora hitting people with literally any ability and them just ceasing to exist?

They don't "block", they protect their wielder, by any means necessary. Sometimes that means blocking. Other times it means paralysing the enemy mid sword swing, power nulling the attack, creating forcefields, or just straight up killing the enemy before they can finish their attack.

Every single Heartless slaying feat, they are the Goombas of KH, so it happens nearly everytime, which often also hold a "heart", Sora defeating them releases such, which are of this nature, and because of how this works, this extends to every single attack he performs with the Keyblade, which basically includes his entire moveset.

I could easily argue for Sora being able to outskill the keys at close combat, but as it can null magic at those distances... yeah, Sora is forced to simply cast something that it can't be just conventionally blocked like Terror (extreme perception based fear manip that can affect mindless beings), or Graviga (As I doubt they can block crushing increase of gravity)..

Bobsican said:
Every single Heartless slaying feat, they are the Goombas of KH, so it happens nearly everytime, which often also hold a "heart", Sora defeating them releases such, which are of this nature, and because of how this works, this extends to every single attack he performs with the Keyblade, which basically includes his entire moveset.
I could easily argue for Sora being able to outskill the keys at close combat, but as it can null magic at those distances... yeah, Sora is forced to simply cast something that it can't be just conventionally blocked like Terror (extreme perception based fear manip that can affect mindless beings), or Graviga (As I doubt they can block crushing increase of gravity)..
We have seen sora defeat people with the keyblade without killing them, or even killign them and them not dying, they keyblades conceptual killing would apply to heartless and those alike only, Additionally the key's cant be outskilled, considering They are extremely strong, chances are they could break the keyblade with ease

Yeah, Sora doesn't lead with that unless when he's totally willing to kill (which is the case here), for example, there's the case of Roxas conceptually killing Xion.

And being strong doesn't make you by itself skilled, some actual stuff supproting their skill being higher than Sora just using something like Ultimate Form would be nice.

Bobsican said:
Yeah, Sora doesn't lead with that unless when he's totally willing to kill (which is the case here), for example, there's the case of Roxas conceptually killing Xion.
And being strong doesn't make you by itself skilled, some actual stuff supproting their skill being higher than Sora just using something like Ultimate Form would be nice.
The fact that they were created by a 2-A entity, what god would make a living weapon that can't protect its user from a master swordsman? Especially when she makes them to protect herself, the fact that the key's do litterally anything they can to protect it's user also means that they'd simply pierce through sora if they can't block him, now he's instakilled by the key's power. Simple as that

Bobsican said:
Speaking of on this also, graviga is magic so the keys powernull would work, terror i'm not sure on, but anything magic is what the keys nullify

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
What're the arguments here? So lost.
It's basically a case of who can hit first technically, but Sora can't get close to Arthur lest he loses all of his magic, which is a large majority of his powers, and sora also has to outskill about 6 key's all of which can break the keyblade or kill Sora on touch.

Sora has planetary range with his magic, so he can just timestop and cut/seal.
Keys have interplanetary range, and the two are barely a city apart, plus the keys can timestop too.

Okay, but:
  • Sora resists timestop, and is actually very above baseline resistance.
  • He can negate resistance to timestop.
Chances are, sora wouldnt open with timestop anyway, and even if he DID, he'd be cucked by the keys, they'd sense an aggressive action with said magic and proceed to nullify it immediatly, as there is no spell in kingdom hearts that does not have some form of cast time

Sora's first move is literally unknowable, he's an RPG protagonist. He usually starts with a mix of swordsmanship and magic to begin with, including Stopga/Stopza. And his timestop is literally him just pointing his Keyblade, literally anywhere, and stopping time. Sora has also resisted power null since KH1, so.

Keys negate the timestop when Sora tries to activate it. Before you argue power null resist chains, there is an entire hierarchy throughout the House of thousands of magical beings where a person a few ranks highter can easily magically overpower people of lower rank and a higher person can easily push past power suppression from a lower person. The Seventh Key stands far above everyone in this hierarchy. Time stop won't do anything, it will get negated easily.

Arthur also passively warps time in his favour on a 2-A scale so that's probably going to have an effect on things too.

Also you're arguing gravity won't be blocked? Gravity is literally one of the first things in the series to be protected against by magic far far far far far far far below the Keys.

Same with mind hax. Arthur without any keys was able to run resist the Seventh Key's mind hax which can affect tens of thousands of people at once. With Keys, that resistance should be exponentially greater.

Bobsican said:
Again this literally only proves that Sora can kill beings of a conceptual nature like the heartless. It in no way proves that he can just delete the concept of anyone he hits.

Okay, after some discussion, it seems the conceptual stuff not being limited to Xehanort is for a future CRT, so I guess that can be left at a side for now.

Meaning that now Sora is forced to use "haxy" spells, I hope the match doesn't turn into an stomp with this...

However, it seems that per KH being in major revisions that will affect this match either way, this match should just be closed for now, as it'll become outdated either way.

Unless we can just assume that every random attack of Sora holds law-based power null to the target when attemped. It also includes the stuff further supporting Sora being able to do "conceptual" attacks as stated before without having to be limite to beings of darkness.

The next CRT is going to argue for it, but it can go either way, however, the conceptual one shot is more likely to stay than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back