• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Son Goku (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
250px-Sora (KHIIFM) KHIIHD
Goku (Base)

Okay, let's try this again....i mean for me, that is.

Alright so this match is between two characters that i've came to know for a while; Sora of Square Enix and Disney's Kingdom Hearts video game series, and Son Goku of Akira Toriyama's long time anime and manga series Dragon Ball.

Profiles of both (please do read them both before commenting):

-Sora

-Son Goku

Tally:

Sora: 7

Son Goku: 3/or 4 (Due to TLT's vote)

Tie/Inconclusive: 3/or 4 (see above)

Battle Assumptions/Specifications:

-Speed is left as is for both (if absolutely nessecery, will have to equalize all of it then)

-This is Sora as he was from KH2 (maybe KH2: Final Mix given that he also has the feat of fighting against the Lingering Will and or such, idk. Also given that it's his KH2 part that's being used, Sora does not have his abilities of using things like the Aero, Gravity, and Time spell....for some odd reason. Probably had to do with the events of "Chain of Memories". *shrugs*). That and i'll give Sora his drive forms but not his summons (they may count as outside help, most likely).

--Note: If the drive forms are considered too powerful, please note that in the comments and i'll restrict it then, leaving Sora as just his base form.

-Goku is obviously as he is from the Cell Games and after he trained in the RoSaT. Basically the High 4-C Goku. Quite aware that Goku is only Large Star level+ in his FPSSJ form so.....yeah, i got nothing else to add that. :/

-Fight takes place at the Keyblade Graveyard....plenty of room for the both of them to duke it out.

-Sora and Goku will be fighting in character and at full power....i guess? IDEK. *scratching my head here at this, but i'll go with this*

-Fight is won by either KO or Incapacitation.

Who wins this fight and Why? The "Master of the Keyblade" or The Super Saiyan master himself? Please give proper reasoning as noted here or else the vote won't count if it's a one name/one line vote.

P.S: Is this an okay enough fight?

Jjp7123 said:
I still think Goku's got this. Sora's nowhere near as skilled with a Keyblade as Goku is with martial arts.
Like how Sora has yet to even fully "master" the Keyblade during around KH2? That and the reason i added that part was because Sora and Riku were often called Keyblade Masters by several people like Ariel's father, the Princesses of Heart, and even Terra/the Lingering Will himself.

So.....yeah.

Sora might have a chance, if he abuses his hax abilities, but, 90% of the time fictional characters don't usually abuse their hax abilities as much as they should.

Well the thing is that by this point in Sora's journey, the only hax i'm aware that he has is Magnet manipulation, the standard elemental powers of [fire, ice, and lightning], and his drive forms.

Oh i forgot about his reflect spell, thanks.

Well it's supposed to allow Sora reflect any damage he may take and anything that hits it is disparsed(?) upon where the amount of power behind is supposedly equal to what hit it in the first place.

You can look at Sora's page again if you like. Linked it above in the OP.

Sora's energy manipulation abilities in Limit Form might give Sora an edge in close combat. You think Sora can survive an Instant Kamehameha?

Jjp7123 said:
Sora's energy manipulation abilities in Limit Form might give Sora an edge in close combat. You think Sora can survive an Instant Kamehameha?
I think? Probably not if Goku can catch him off guard like what he did with Cell (it probably won't be hard to do as i can actually see Sora get surprised).

Though that might kill him given that this is a match won by KO or Incapacitation. Though given the power and skill of someone such as Goku himself, i wouldn't be surprised if he would somehow control his kamehameha but not outright kill Sora with it. *shrugs*

Chances are, that would either kill him, knock him unconscious, or leave him half dead. I think Goku's got this one.

This is actually an even fight..hmmmm I say Goku due to having a little more combat experience than Sora and his instant transmission.

@Dragon: Well it was either use this, KH1 Sora (the one that has a bit more hax in the form of Time Stop, gravity manipulation, and the wind barrier spell) or KH:DDD Sora.

Well considering Goku does have It he would still have a fair chance against even Sora's hax then imo. But yeah. At this point this is the most even fight. nice one :)

Yeah, i had to go for the Sora that DIDN't had the most hax. KH2 Sora was the one i had in mind on this.

Anyways, i suppose it's now Goku - 3, Sora - 0.

Sora can't be OHKO or killed by a combo due to some of its abilities, and he can heal to full HP almost limitless times if he can full up his mp, or he can use elixirs or enter in drive form to do that so... he can't be killed so easily.

Helloo42 said:
Sora can't be OHKO or killed by a combo due to some of its abilities, and he can heal to full HP almost limitless times if he can full up his mp, or he can use elixirs or enter in drive form to do that so... he can't be killed so easily.
Good points.

So Sora finally has a vote. Though it's just 3-1 still with Goku in the lead.

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
Tbh, if someone to make an animation of this fight, it would be a REALLY fun fight to watch!
I'd actually pay someone to make this fight, honestly.

Instant transmission isn't really a problem for sora because he can teleport at short range and intercepted larxene's teleportation

Helloo42 said:
Instant transmission isn't really a problem for sora because he can teleport at short range and intercepted larxene's teleportation
There's also the case with Xigbar and his Sniper Nobodies too.

Yeah, I might have to give this to Goku as well, mainly because Goku should have a lot more experience fighting then Sora, as well as his Solar Flare ability and of course Instant Transmission, but Goku might take Sora lightly at the beginning and would want to see what he is capable of

@DBZMLP: Very good points, man. Do remember that while Sora and Goku are fighting at their most powerful (in the sense that this is End of KH2:FM Sora and Goku as he was from the time he finished his RoSaT training + around the time of his fight with Cell), Sora and Goku are not permitted to kill each other; only be able to KO or Incapacitate each other.

That and it was either use KH1 Sora, this Sora, or KH: DDD Sora.

Anyways, Goku is definitely in the lead with 5 in his favor, and Sora having only 1 still.

I still think Sora would have a chance due to his durability enhancing abilities togheter with his heal capabilities, but for attacking... do you think his reflega would be of any help reflecting back attacks from Goku? since that can resist twilight xemnas'attacks and can be used in succession without breaking (just tested in game :) )

@Helloo42: Given that Sora's reflega is strong enough to reflect even attacks from KH Sephiroth, the Lingering Will, and Twilight Xemnas (3 guys who are noted to be some of the most powerful in all of KH thus far.)? I would think so.

CrossverseCrisis said:
@Helloo42: Given that Sora's reflega is strong enough to reflect even attacks from KH Sephiroth, the Lingering Will, and Twilight Xemnas (3 guys who are noted to be some of the most powerful in all of KH thus far.)? I would think so.
Yeah, I believe KH 2 Sora should be able to reflect Goku's attacks, seeing as how just like you said he fought people like Sephiroth, Lingering Will and Twilight Xemnas, if people are saying this is a pretty even fight, then Twilight Xemnas may actually be close to 4-B, seeing as how he fought both Sora and Riku whom should be of similar strength at the same time, he could possibly be giving guys like Super Perfect Cell, Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan and Movie 10 LSSJ Broly, seeing as how SSJ2 is 2x SSJ and Twilight Xemnas fought 2 people whom would give Cell Games MSSJ Goku some trouble one on one

@DBZMLP: Perhaps, yes.

That and like i said earlier about this Sora being used: It was either use KH1 (the one who fought Xehanort's Heartless and the same one who also has the Aero, Gravity, and Time spells), This Sora (the one who fought Xehanort's Nobody and the one with more experience and power with the Keyblade but with less hax except maybe his drive forms), or DDD Sora.

If Sora could go in final form his keyblades would attack on their own while he just defends himself, so i think this would be a way for sora to take on this one

This is a very close fight, but theirs always the possibility of Goku disarming Sora, which would leave Sora open...but I don't think Goku would attack a defenseless opponent like that.

I have no idea, but I might go with Sora due to variety and mobility.

Actually, Darkanine? Sora actually has the ability to quickly regain his keyblade back as seen in his fight with his Nobody, Roxas. That and i pointed out in my DA Death Battle Bio of Sora taht while he tries to gather his keyblade back, he has shown to have other ways to fight such as using his Anti-Form (should that time were to come to have to use it) or use his spells in combat.....may be inaccurate but i just assumed so.

But aside from that whole thing, Sora can just gather it back to his hand by calling to it.

Oh yeaaaaaah, Its been years since I played KH. NVM then, but my vote is still towards Sora.

@LordLuminous: This is KH2 Sora. Sora only has the basic elemental spells of fire, ice, lightning, Reflega, and the Drive Forms, but he doesn't have his time stop and gravity spell here like he did in the events of KH1 (for some odd reason). Your likely refering to KH1 Sora or perhaps even DDD Sora.

Darkanine said:
This is a very close fight, but theirs always the possibility of Goku disarming Sora, which would leave Sora open...but I don't think Goku would attack a defenseless opponent like that.
I think that if he gets disarmed and then Goku stops attacking, if Sora is fast enough he could surprise and take him off guard regaining back his weapon like he does against Roxas who's one of the fastest characters in the series

Just out of curiosity, could any of these play a factor:

Kaio-Ken + SSJ (I doubt this one would be allowed due to it being from a filler episode.)

Destructo Disc

Homing Wave

@Helloo42: Well it was more of Roxas being surprised then being attacked before he could retaliate.

@Fanboy: Well this is obviously using Goku from the Cell Games. Even then, yes that move is non-canon and though i'm not against, i'd prefer not using it for this match. The other two? Maybe? Idk cause Goku has to definitely get trhough Sora's reflega spell and the fact that Sora can take massive amounts of hits going by how he can stay concious even after being comboed or taking a massive hit. That and the fact that compared to Goku's "At least FTL+" speed, Sora's FTL+ (71xSoL from scaling from Roxas and especially Ventus, to be exact), possibly higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back