• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Son Goku (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been an avid player of KH, and a long time DB fan, I'm a bit torn here. Kind of new to the whole debating character strengths thing. Two characters that embody my childhood seem like a good place to start. A big thing there, is that I'm not sure how resistant Goku would be to magic. (I'm sure this isn't entirely relevant, idk.) But even GT Goku could be hurt by flames unless he was in his SSJ4 transformation. The two have very similar striking strength and durability, as well as speed. All in all, given this is KH2 Sora, there is a way I can see him winning this. The two are going to be fighting rather evenly throughout the battle. However, I personally think Sora could possibly outlast Goku, despite both having ludicrous stamina. Considering how difficult it would likely be for either to hurt the other, Sora having Curaga to fully restore any damage that is done, and possibly his stamina as well (though whether or not Curaga would restore stamina is unknown as it is irrelevant to gameplay.) Sora having access to drive forms helps as well, as those fully heal him and prove a short term burst of great power. Given that FPSSJ Goku was at least decently tired by his fight with Cell (to the point that a Cell Jr. gave him a run for his money) I think Sora could realistically outlast Goku's stamina, at least long enough to knock him back to base form, at which point Sora stomps.

Again, kinda new to all this. Lemme know how I did.

@Leogian4511: No, i think you made reasonable enough points here. Thank you for the input.

So far now this becomes 5 with Goku, 4 with Sora.

And then we have the KH expert here himself. Alright if it's the same for you Everlasting, good enough for me i suppose.

Alright so Sora surprisingly managed to get the lead here for the first time. Now making this 6 for him, but Goku still have 5 on his side.

Anyone else?

Wow, Inconclusive? Uh that's....a surprising vote.

Well i'll just count it for the moment. Sora-6, Son Goku-5, Tie/Inconclusive-1.

Wow O_O, Sora actually gained the lead, to be honest I was rooting for Sora even though I posted my reasons for Goku having the edge, this is indeed a rather close one

DBZMLP12345 said:
Wow O_O, Sora actually gained the lead, to be honest I was rotting for Sora even though I posted my reasons for Goku having the edge, this is indeed a rather close one
Same here. XD

I actually thought that with the lead that Goku had, he would have won against the Keyblade wielder here. ^^;

Wait, i screwed up greatly. Actually it's tied because i went over by 1 so it's really Sora and Goku BOTH having 5 on their side with one having voted for inconclusive.

Sorry, everyone. ^^;

But yeah, it's surprising that Sora managed to tie up with Goku here though,

CrossverseCrisis said:
Wait, i screwed up greatly. Actually it's tied because i went over by 1 so it's really Sora and Goku BOTH having 5 on their side with one having voted for inconclusive.
Sorry, everyone. ^^;

But yeah, it's surprising that Sora managed to tie up with Goku here though,
......good job Cross.....lol

actually with the points given I say inconclusive. Both have equal chances of knocking each other out here and since they are in character they likely won't take the fight too seriously. Both seem to have a 50/50 chance of winning.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
actually with the points given I say inconclusive. Both have equal chances of knocking each other out here and since they are in character they likely won't take the fight too seriously. Both seem to have a 50/50 chance of winning.
^^^ this

@Dragon: Hey man, it was getting really late by the time Sora managed to caught up with Goku, aite? XD

But given that you originally voted for Goku but have decided to go for Inconclusive, It's now Sora 5, Goku for 4, 2 for Inconclusive.

So Sora technically ends up back at the lead....again. ^^;

Hmm. Another vote change....

Alright. So now it's 5 for Sora, 3 for Goku, and 3 for Inconclusive.

Okay.

Sora now has 6 (again), Goku is of a 4/or 3 Vote given TLT's current vote change, and Inconclusive 4/or 3 like what with TLT.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
hmmm doesnt goku have more experience?
if so, then my vote is either inconclusive or goku
Goku has been fighting longer yeah, but the scale of things Sora fights is at or even slightly above what Cell Saga Goku has had to deal with. Sora (without formal training), can keep pace with people like Cloud and Sephiroth. Sora is very skilled given his cirumstance, on top of the fact that Goku has not fought a massive variety of enemies like Sora has. Essentially all of Goku's enemies up until this point have just been martial artists with ki blasts. Sora fights various types of monsters, skilled swordsmen, and whatever the hell you classify Organization 13 as. All in all, while Goku does have more years of fighting under him, Sora has had to deal with much more variety.

Goku has been fighting longer yeah, but the scale of things Sora fights is at or even slightly above what Cell Saga Goku has had to deal with. Sora (without formal training), can keep pace with people like Cloud and Sephiroth. Sora is very skilled given his cirumstance, on top of the fact that Goku has not fought a massive variety of enemies like Sora has. Essentially all of Goku's enemies up until this point have just been martial artists with ki blasts. Sora fights various types of monsters, skilled swordsmen, and whatever the hell you classify Organization 13 as. All in all, while Goku does have more years of fighting under him, Sora has had to deal with much more variety.

You actually bring up good points there Leogian, Sora has fought numerous does of different variety then Goku, he has even fought Armies, if Fukkatsu No F is anything to go by, then Goku may get worn out if he fought entire Armies like Sora has, cause each Z Fighter had to fight a Portion of Frieza Army of 1,000 Soldiers quoted by Jaco, Roshi said they were to fight 170 each, some of the Z Fighters seemed tired after that fight, so perhaps Sora might indeed wear Goku down

Leogian4511 said:
Sora having Curaga to fully restore any damage that is done, and possibly his stamina as well (though whether or not Curaga would restore stamina is unknown as it is irrelevant to gameplay.)
Well, in KH2 in a cutscene we see an exhausted Yuffie regaining force thanks to an Aerith's curaga, so this would mean that it could restore stamina too

@Helloo42: Huh.....forgot about that scene. Heh. ^^;

But yeah what you said is true. Here. So it not only heals wounds up back but also stamina apparently. Heck even if i didn't allow Sora to not have his potions, ethers, or his elixars, he does have his drive forms which brings both back to 100%.

CrossverseCrisis said:
@Helloo42: Huh.....forgot about that scene. Heh. ^^;
But yeah what you said is true. Here. So it not only heals wounds up back but also stamina apparently. Heck even if i didn't allow Sora to not have his potions, ethers, or his elixars, he does have his drive forms which brings both back to 100%.
Exactly. Sora may win this fight simply because he's unfinishable. Got low HP? Curaga. Got again? Elixir. Got again? Final. Got again? Elixir. Got again? Curaga. Given they're not equalised, Sora is also a little faster ("At Least" and "Possibly Higher" while Goku gets FTL+ in everything and, although there is an "At Least", the short burst speed is not given as higher).

I'd say Sora win. He will never get tired, and Goku could only ever defeat him if he could finish him in one blow, because otherwise Sora heals.

Sora's MP is a nigh-neverending supply that regenerates. His multiple different forms allow for incridible buffs. I'd say he almost reaches 4-B with Final Form.

Seriously, Goku might be good, but is NOT as experienced as Sora, who fought armies of all kinds of enemies and is probably more combat-smart than Goku, once he's fought everything and Goku so far only faced... Martial artists with Ki.

Besides, Sora can use perhaps multiple Drive forms during battle, multiplying his already slightly superior power and regenerating him. Goku does not regenerate at all. Even if we allowed him to go SSJ2 on this battle just for the sake of it, he still wouldn't be able to defeat Sora.

They aren't the same, guys. I'd say Sora is slightly better, plus he's got Hax and healing. Goku would have to bring a pot of senzu beans to survive to the end of it. I vote for Sora.

Mandfireguy21 said:
I'd say Sora win. He will never get tired, and Goku could only ever defeat him if he could finish him in one blow, because otherwise Sora heals
And Sora can't be finished in one blow (Second Chance ability) so...

And now Sora has 7, Goku having a 3/or 4 vote (due to TLT), and Inconclusive having 3/or 4 votes....due to TLT again. :p

But anyways, does anyone want to have the last votes on weather Goku can win this or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back