• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Super Shadow VS Dr. Eggman

Rules for the match are listed here

Eggman: 3 (ElixirBlue, Theuser789, Ned_the_outer_god)

Super Shadow: 7 (Waka1979, BlastX, GlaceonGamez471, OnsokunoSonic, Psychomaster35, Maverick_Zero_X, ShakeResounding)

Inconclusive:

latest
e0cc27b0bd0c2d9940eb67af2f53cd2b.png

Last edited:
I'm voting shadow too, he's also not likely to fall for any of Eggman's underhanded tactics unlike sonic and knuckles.

Shadow low diffs, even though the doctor is pretty big brain, Shadow knows what he's capable of and will quickly hax him to death. Shad(ow) the H(edge)hog wins this

Well, I'm awake. Lets have a real debate.

Shadow is pretty aware of how crafty the doctor can be, so I think he takes this

When? (SA2 memory loss)

I'm voting shadow too, he's also not likely to fall for any of Eggman's underhanded tactics unlike sonic and knuckles.

What supports your headcanon?

shadow can prob clap eggman just like how sonic can since there both portrayed as equals, voting shadow

Sonic has had YEARS of experience fighting Doctor Eggman. Doctor Eggman in VS debates is given everything he has ever made (expect individuals in his robot army).

While Shadow mainly has experience in H2H, not vs Mech, not vs actually strategy, and the only experiance Shadow has against Eggman, if that timeline in Shadow the Hedgehog is canon or not, is the Egg Dealer, one of the worst designs Doctor Eggman has.

Also, in Sonic Heroes, Shadow never faced Eggman, only Metal Sonic playing dress up.

How valid are these bare-bones wincons?

Well, I'm awake. Lets have a real debate.

When? (SA2 memory loss)

What supports your headcanon?

Sonic has had YEARS of experience fighting Doctor Eggman. Doctor Eggman in VS debates is given everything he has ever made (expect individuals in his robot army).

While Shadow mainly has experience in H2H, not vs Mech, not vs actually strategy, and the only experiance Shadow has against Eggman, if that timeline in Shadow the Hedgehog is canon or not, is the Egg Dealer, one of the worst designs Doctor Eggman has.

Also, in Sonic Heroes, Shadow never faced Eggman, only Metal Sonic playing dress up.

I'm assuming you vote Eggman?

Not yet. I have yet to give a wincon, however, I'm questioning the reasoning for the votes others have given so far.

yea but still hes as skilled as sonic if not probably better

Skilled =/= Experience

plus as seen in both Rivals games he actively worked for him

Er, barely any info in Rivals gave Shadow an insight on how Eggman fights, using all his equipment ever used.

I'm voting for Eggman via Chaos Energy Cannon usage after a few mechs go down. Eggman will trick Shadow, stale him because Shadow isn't bloodlusted with "Maria is my cousin. I cared for her so much" and power null Shadow.

Doctor Eggman in VS is given everything he has ever made (expect individuals in his robot army).
Problem is that not much that Eggman has that can actually keep up with a super form like Shadow, and his 4-A mechs are honestly pretty weak
Eggman will trick Shadow, stale him because Shadow isn't bloodlusted with "Maria is my cousin. I cared for her so much" and power null Shadow.
Shadow's game debunks that, since Eggman pulls the family card at the boss fight at the ark, which didn't work

Problem is that not much that Eggman has that can actually keep up with a super form like Shadow, and his 4-A mechs are honestly pretty weak
Staling tactic

Shadow's game debunks that, since Eggman pulls the family card at the boss fight at the ark, which didn't work

You mean while Shadow had no memories of Gerald and Maria and Dr. Eggman didn't use the Maria card? Shadow's Game does not debunk the Maria card, as Eggman didn't use it and Shadow had no memory of Gerald while Eggman used that card.

Click the video that I showed you, he clearly did remember and cared for Gerald and Maria there, as well as the Ark, plus why would he use the Maria card if he didn't beforehand?

It isn't a stalling tatic, if Shadow destroys his 4-A mechs it's kinda of over for our mad scientist

To add in 06 he didn't fall for Mephiles temptation, would would he know to someone he knows can be extremely dangerous?

he clearly did remember and cared for Gerald and Maria there

Dude, I know of that scene. Shadow express no memories, just knowledge of what he is and what his past is. Shadow does not indicate he remembers, only coming to that conclusion after hearing about his past from others.

plus why would he use the Maria card if he didn't beforehand?

Because Dr. Eggman cares about Gerald more than Maria, so he used the Gerald card first. Didn't work, so why not try the Maria card for the 2nd time, this vs debate match up?

Dude, I know of that scene. Shadow express no memories, just knowledge of what he is and what his past is. Shadow does not indicate he remembers, only coming to that conclusion after hearing about his past from others.
You do know that is how Shadow currently is right? You yourself argued he didn't remember SA2 and yet you are arguing he is like SA2 Shadow that anything about Maria would freeze him like a deer in highlights even tho he already moved on from his past, if meontining the past didn't work back then it won't work now, he would just be like "I don't care"
Because Dr. Eggman cares about Gerald more than Maria, so he used the Gerald card first. Didn't work, so why not try the Maria card for the 2nd time, this vs debate match up?
Except that ending never happened, therefore Eggman wouldn't know now it wouldn't work

You do know that is how Shadow currently is right?
Not during Shadow's game, which is when Eggman used the Gerald Card

You yourself argued he didn't remember SA2 and yet you are arguing he is like SA2 Shadow

As you said, Shadow remembers his past by the time Sonic Battle rolls around

that anything about Maria would freeze him like a deer in highlights

Hell no, I'm not disrespecting Shadow like that. The Maria Card would make Shadow listen to Eggman instead of going for the Karate Chop right away. Sonic Unleashed, Eggman didn't need much time to activate the Chaos Energy Cannon. The CEC is the only weapon Sonic knows that the rest of the cast doesn't.

Except that ending never happened, therefore Eggman wouldn't know now it wouldn't work

Fair. But, realizing, the Gerald Card did work in that cutscene, as Shadow stood around for a moment to listen Eggman. Dr. Eggman only needs them to stand around for a moment, like he pretended the turn good to Sonic, which played on Sonic's cockiness.

Chances are he won't be meaningfully distracted by Eggman's 4-A mechs. The only reason they even put up any meaningful resistance against Sonic whatsoever is because he doesn't really utilize his hax on them.

And on the off chance that Shadow does get distracted, he can easily take the Inhibitors off and that'll be the end of that. Not to mention that, worst case scenario, Shadow simply stops time through Chaos Control. As he's very prone to doing in many cases. Chances are Eggman doesn't even get a chance to talk his way out of his death with him.

Shadow has my vote.

Back