• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Vegeta literally didn't fight Freeza together with Goku, in fact they never fight together
The fact that even Eggman helps Sonic more than Vegeta helps Goku is really saying something (and don't mention Vegito or Gogeta since Goku basically have to play the card of "either we do that or everyone dies")

Plus you are using an example of when he didn't have his memories yet using it as a point when he has them?

Me using? I used the Maria Card and you the time when Shadow didn't have his memories as evidence the Maria/Gerald card wouldn't work

Comander Tower isn't Eggman, Shadow didn't knew him plus he wasn't lying

How often has Eggman ever lied to Shadow? None at all? Tower is an Archie name, not Game canon name

No? Shadow has 4 stages, in the Radical Highway he already had his goal (the emerald), in White Jungle ditto, he already had set the explosives, in Sky Rail his goal was just to follow the tornado, and in Final Chase it was to get to Sonic, your point is only valid to the latter

So... what are you using in this example? Sonic's goal is always running to the end of the stage. Are you claiming every Sonic game, Sonic doesn't fight a single enemy?

He has his equipment, but that doesn't mean he has prep time, simply that he just has them

He had to have built them and know the machines he'll be using for a vs match

one he followed Eggman flying, something he wouldn't do,

Again, Eggman's army would slow him down like Super Sonic. Sonic's goal is always reaching the end of the stage in every game, yet Sonic Unleashed cutscene has him taking out ships while chasing Eggman, proving attacking Robots while going through stages isn't game mechanics.

2 because of his compassion, by telling him he wouldn't be bad,

Yes, because Shadow has no compassion for anyone, including his last living relative (Sarcasm)

with someone he knows inside out versus a black hedgehog that tricked him in his first appearence

Eggman knows better due to doing research like making the Shadow Androids. ... Shadow? Not enough evidence of what Shadow knows better about Eggman. Also, Eggman has a lot more data on Shadow since SA2

I honestly see Shadow not falling for the CEC due to Eggman taking advantage of his compassion, being out-of-character for Shadow to get a W for this match up.

Well, I'll hold off the votes for now.

I'll remove all of them for now. When you two can summerize the arguments for Shadow and Eggman clearly, then please post them here

I'll wait for User. To respond to my points and/or summarizing the match 1st then I'll go.

Also, on that note, Shadow wanted to work with Sonic to defeat the Biolizard but not against Eggman in Sonic Colors. Current Shadow, from Sonic Battle, has all the memories from SA2. Shadow does not see Eggman as a major threat.
He doesn't see Colors as a major threat, correct, and he was correct
Ressurection of F
Me using? I used the Maria Card and you the time when Shadow didn't have his memories as evidence the Maria/Gerald card wouldn't work
Yeah, because if doesn't work when he is easily influenced it isn't working now
How often has Eggman ever lied to Shadow? None at all? Tower is an Archie name, not Game canon name
He literally lied about him being an android, something you agreed
So... what are you using in this example? Sonic's goal is always running to the end of the stage. Are you claiming every Sonic game, Sonic doesn't fight a single enemy?
No, I am saying Shadow is focusing on his goals
He had to have built them and know the machines he'll be using for a vs match
He already built them, we treat as if he never lost them
Again, Eggman's army would slow him down like Super Sonic. Sonic's goal is always reaching the end of the stage in every game, yet Sonic Unleashed cutscene has him taking out ships while chasing Eggman, proving attacking Robots while going through stages isn't game mechanics.
Sonic isn't Shadow, and even then Chaos Blast would wipe them out in one shot
Yes, because Shadow has no compassion for anyone, including his last living relative (Sarcasm)
Yes, why would he care about Eggman when he killed his entire ******* race my man?
Eggman knows better due to doing research like making the Shadow Androids. ... Shadow? Not enough evidence of what Shadow knows better about Eggman. Also, Eggman has a lot more data on Shadow since SA2
Yet in the same game Shadow can literally kill him in all endings, you are overhyping Eggman into an almost fanfiction version of him, while ignoring that for Shadow, basically you are highballing him but lowballing the hedgehog
Well, I'll hold off the votes for now.

I'll remove all of them for now. When you two can summerize the arguments for Shadow and Eggman clearly, then please post them here
You shouldn't remove the votes, they are still valid, we went through this in other threads, someone having an different opinion is not enough to make votes invalid, unless he can bring something that is objectively correct that debunks my reasoning, they shouldn't be removed, and he hasn't

Hm....................................... . ... rude
Sorry, I actually liked debating, it's just I couldn't do anything that I planned for today so removing votes would feel like I wasted my day
Those votes were opinions that first came into the thread were not supported by any facts. I've actually taken the time to support my "different opinion" through canon material
That's just the problem of the FRA system, but I can't be a hypocrite because of what I said in other threads

That's just the problem of the FRA system, but I can't be a hypocrite because of what I said in other threads
I get that but you can also invalid previous votes. The votes in the beginning are way too vague and opinionated. Left alone with only those votes, this would be a very boring thread to look back upon

I said in previous threads that you can only invalid votes if they are objectively incorrect, like arguing a character wins via an ability they don't have for example, I can't go back on that now but Gilad decides it at the end of the day

like arguing a character wins via an ability they don't have for example

Like, objectively, Shadow has a compassionate heart, leaving his past behind for Shadow is to not obsess over it anymore like Shadow was during his entire game

Like, objectively, Shadow is willing to work for Eggman even after many games like Sonic Rivals, so, objectively, he wouldn't see this match up being any different

Like, objectively, Shadow sees the need to take Eggman down but lets Sonic do it for him

Like, objectively, Shadow is always willing to hear what Eggman has to say, so like, objectively, Shadow would listen even here

Like, objectively, Dr. Eggman likes to take advantage of character's trust in him to pull the win

Like, objectively, no game has Shadow with interactions or knowledge that Dr. Eggman likes taking advantage of any trust place on him

Like, objectively, to Shadow, Dr. Eggman has tend to be more honest with Shadow than anyone in the cast

Shadow's won game tends to differ, he tries to manipulate him into being his android so he can follow him

Which Eggman, unprovoked by Shadow, comes across and tells Shadow the truth. Didn't have to, didn't give Eggman any advantage what so ever, but he did. Thats the objective part of Dr. Eggman tending to be more honest with Shadow than any other character.

I still don't buy Shadow getting trapped by the CEC since all he needs to do to get out of it is Chaos Control to teleport or stop time while the machine is activating or even as Eggman is about to press the button, which he is very likely to do since it's an objective fact he spams Chaos Contol unlike Sonic.

Pulling the Maria/Gerald card at best would only distract him for a few seconds and that's enough to still escape, even then just seeing Eggman activating the button should snap him out of it and get him to focus.

That's assuming it even distracts him as he already got over his past in his game and Battle, heck Shadow may get pissed that he brings up the Maria/Gerald card since they were good people who strived to help while Eggman is being Eggman and pretty much spitting on their wishes.

Also, this assumes Shadow can't manipulate Eggman himself, in SA2 he tricked him to get the Chaos Emerald and then end up destroying the world while making Eggman believe he would conquer him, not to mention Shadow had already been manipulated by other people (Black Doom and Gerald) and as shown in 06 he learned from his mistakes and told Mephiles to **** off when he tried the same.

still don't buy Shadow getting trapped by the CEC since all he needs to do to get out of it is Chaos Control

Sonic can teleport as well, possibly exactly like Shadow since all Sonic needed to learn how to use Chaos Control in the first place was seeing Shadow do it once. Sonic was not able to while CEC was holding him, even while he was in pain as Super Sonic. Shadow teleporting out of the CEC is a mute point.

stop time while the machine is activating

Or Sonic running away as the machine is activating (these are becoming repeated points)

since it's an objective fact he spams Chaos Contol unlike Sonic.

And its an objective fact Sonic spams running

Pulling the Maria/Gerald card at best would only distract him for a few seconds

Like Eggman playing Sonic's ego

even then just seeing Eggman activating the button should snap him out of it and get him to focus.

Sonic was looking straight at Eggman the entire time

heck Shadow may get pissed that he brings up the Maria/Gerald card since they were good people who strived to help while Eggman is being Eggman and pretty much spitting on their wishes.

Why would Eggman "spitting on their wishes" matter to Shadow, since Shadow has been letting Eggman do that for multiple games?

Last edited:
@BlastX, you've being trying to bring your headcanon of "Shadow's anger" towards Dr. Eggman as a factor for this match up for awhile now in this thread

he learned from his mistakes and told Mephiles to **** off when he tried the same.

Mephiles said "Destory all humans" like Black Doom's "Destroy all humans". That is not evidence of Shadow being unable to be manipulated like "Shadow! Spare me. You and I are the only family we have. I-I can try to be better."

Sonic: Multiple times dealing with Dr. Eggman and saving the world more than anyone else in cast drops his guard to Dr. Eggman's manipulation

Shadow: Stronger family connections, generally on friendlier terms with Eggman than Sonic (SA2, Sonic Rival, always refer to Eggman in a respectful manner DOCTOR) and less experience with Eggman overall compare to Sonic (Shadow fans: Shadow is incorruptible!!)

Also, this assumes Shadow can't manipulate Eggman himself, in SA2 he tricked him to get the Chaos Emerald and then end up destroying the world while making Eggman believe he would conquer him(Elixir: What? Don't you mean "believed Shadow was working for him", not conquer?)

Shadow had something Eggman wanted and Eggman knew Shadow had it, being Gerald creation. If that's Shadow's only manipulation feat, having something Eggman wanted, compare to Eggman who can just pull the sympathy card and generally have more experience manipulating and in good favors with Shadow...

That argument not impressive, or rather, not in Shadow's favor

Last edited:
Ok stop acting like Sonic and Shadow would do the same thing in the exact same situation, the two act and use their powers differently.

And no, Sonic didn't use the Chaos Control to escape because he rarely uses it, not a problem with Shadow cause it's in character for him to use it

Ok stop acting like Sonic and Shadow would do the same thing in the exact same situation

I'm not saying they are. But neither one of them is shown to be smarter than the other.

the two act and use their powers differently.

Using power differently isn't the same as simply using them. Sonic spams running and he tried, as Super Sonic. What is supporting Shadow succeeding where Sonic failed? Chaos Control? He doesn't spam that all the time in cutscenes, like when Rouge was falling in Sonic 06 and Shadow ran and hopped to save her, not teleport.

And no, Sonic didn't use the Chaos Control to escape because he rarely uses it

That argument, again, is mute by 2 things:

1. When Sonic was about to die in SA2, Sonic used Chaos Control when given the chance.

The next time Sonic was in a "I'm about to die" situation would be... Heroes? no... Shadow the Hedgehog? no... the endings can't be used as they are non-canon since they were all on the verge of death with no Chaos Energy when Shadow defeated them and appear just fine in the True Ending... Sonic 06? no... Mephiles jumped Sonic... Unleashed? no... Eggman powernulled Sonic and Sonic was never in any danger against Dark Gaia... Sonic Colors? no, Sonic had that covered... Sonic Generation? no, Sonic wasn't in an "I'm about to die and need to teleport away" moment...

(I got nothing. I can't recall another situation of Sonic's "I'm about to die" moment since SA2, maybe Unleashed but Eggman was powernulling him)

2. CEC Powernulls Chaos Energy

Last edited:
I feel like you are trying to hard to pass that interpretation that Shadow would act the same way as Sonic would, or that Eggman would trick him as such, but you still haven't even given a reason on how Eggman would even lure Shadow into the room when he can teleport to him, or use Chaos Blast to AoE, or Chaos Spear for range, two things that Sonic doesn't use since he would rather boost into someone. Plus Kousoku is right that Shadow uses Chaos Control more in character, you keep forgetting that Sonic dropped his guard, also Shadow was there for Colors when Eggman said to the entire planet he was good, making him fall for his tricks far less likely now

I change my vote to Eggman, I completely forgot about the Phantom Ruby being a thing, all Eggman has to do is make an illusion of the area to lure Shadow in the CEC, which would be GG for him

Back