• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
why was when sonic was weaker people just ruled this match out instantly cuz it was a stomp and kirby resists everything sonic has but now that he’s stronger he suddenly has wincons again lmaoooo
Pretty sure Kirby doesn't resist half of what sonic has

Also, the Sealing with Magic Hands is one of his main Upgrades in SA2 that you can do by just being right next to an enemy as long as I think there a certain size?, Kirby is certainly small enough to fit and I’d say it’s reasonably in character

it’s not on the profile right now but I’d also like to have a special mention to Super Rush from Chronicles which likely increases Sonic’s AP by a few since it one shot a equal opponent

it’s not on the profile right now but I’d also like to have a special mention to Super Rush from Chronicles which likely increases Sonic’s AP by a few since it one shot a equal opponent
if it’s not on the profile it ain’t a factor here tbh

I’m going Sonic (Nitpicky and Biased I know) because Sonic has a few Hax and would likely Live out the Match to utilize them, I also don’t really have the numbers to decide if it’s a one shot and Sonic pretty much passively reflects and Eliminates projectiles at times

idk man, sonic never starts out with hax and all kirby has to do is one shot
I pointed out several moments where he did and tried to explain why he’d live out long enough to start considering other tactics, he may be cocky but even against foes he considers easy pickings he can keep his time to wait for a opening

I’m also not really even sure it is a one shot, plus doesn’t Sonic have his own resurrection?, it’s listed there, he’d be getting a second chance

I pointed out several moments where he did and tried to explain why he’d live out long enough to start considering other tactics, he may be cocky but even against foes he considers easy pickings he can keep his time to wait for a opening
but when has he lived out long enough to realize he needs hax, i under stand he has like analytical prediction and can find fighting patterns etcc but when has he used hax with that type of thinking

but when has he lived out long enough to realize he needs hax, i under stand he has like analytical prediction and can find fighting patterns etcc but when has he used hax with that type of thinking
I mean, he did pretty much instantly figure out how to Pacify Perfect Chaos and how to Hurt Solaris’es Mind to Knock them out (which is listed as Limited Mind Manipulation on the profile), he also just started the Match against the Egg Wizard only doing Reflection

I mean, he did pretty much instantly figure out how to Pacify Perfect Chaos and how to Hurt Solaris’es Mind to Knock them out (which is listed as Limited Mind Manipulation on the profile), he also just started the Match against the Egg Wizard only doing Reflection
so it looks like he’ll use the hax that he needs, what would he figure out to do before he gets practically one shotted or just straight up knocked out?

Sonic has used Color Powers and Time Break in-character. He starts with physical attacks but will use his more versatile abilities if he lasts long enough.

so it looks like he’ll use the hax that he needs, what would he figure out to do before he gets practically one shotted or just straight up knocked out?
He’d probably figure out fast how to deal with ranged attacks near instantly, In Time Stop he would have some time to figure out his physical attacks aren’t doing much, after that I think him using The Magic Hands is decently in character if he’s right next to the opponent (I mean remember like 80% of Super Sonic matches have the opponent running away from him)

He’d probably figure out fast how to deal with ranged attacks near instantly, In Time Stop he would have some time to figure out his physical attacks aren’t doing much, after that I think him using The Magic Hands is decently in character if he’s right next to the opponent (I mean remember like 80% of Super Sonic matches have the opponent running away from him)
i can see the time stop stuff but idk about magic hands, sonics like always flying around while kirby is mostly on ground, so i’m not sure if he’d be right next to kirby, and if he was he’d prob get one shotted ig

i can see the time stop stuff but idk about magic hands, sonics like always flying around while kirby is mostly on ground, so i’m not sure if he’d be right next to kirby, and if he was he’d prob get one shotted ig
Usually he’s flying around to get to an opponent, Sonic could just use Magic Hands in time stop too, there’s no limitation on Sonic using his abilities in time stop last I recall

I don’t really remember any long cooldowns between Time stops ether

Usually he’s flying around to get to an opponent, Sonic could just use Magic Hands in time stop too, there’s no limitation on Sonic using his abilities in time stop last I recall

I don’t really remember any long cooldowns between Time stops ether
i see. i’ll remain neutral for now i just wanna see some kirby arguements before i votr

it's funny how when I did the thread everyone said, Kirby stomped but now everyone actually arguing for Sonic's side

it's funny how when I did the thread everyone said, Kirby stomped but now everyone actually arguing for Sonic's side
Guess just AP difference + people think Sonic just has never used Hax at all In fights for some reason, he may be cocky but he’s not stupid

My vote still goes for Kirby btw, better AP, Hax, Versatility, and he's also smarter than Sonic
Just rephrasing that cuz my vote wasn't counted

Um, assuming that's even remotely true (I have my doubts) then Kirby would be 3-C even with the x100 low end of that assumption if I'm not mistaken with my math
Well that's the thing
The explanation in the Kirby scaling pages says that 1 Jamba Heart scales to Magolor's feat which was destroying 16 starry skies, VT is made of condensed power of hundreds if not thousands of Jamba Hearts and then a huge chain scaling which lead to the verse being "Borderline 3-C"
So basically he's really really high into 4-A or that's what's him supposed to be

The explanation in the Kirby scaling pages says that 1 Jamba Heart scales to Magolor's feat which was destroying 16 starry skies, VT is made of condensed power of hundreds-
Let me stop you right there. That alone is not borderline 3-C, that is 3-C. Just one singular hundred would be 3-C, and if 100 is also lowballing it then Kirby in no way should be 4-A in this key.

Well that's the thing
The explanation in the Kirby scaling pages says that 1 Jamba Heart scales to Magolor's feat which was destroying 16 starry skies, VT is made of condensed power of hundreds if not thousands of Jamba Hearts and then a huge chain scaling which lead to the verse being "Borderline 3-C"
So basically he's really really high into 4-A or that's what's him supposed to be
I feel for this we’d need a more solid number here, specially since it seems unsure just how many Jamba Hearts Void has

Anything pointing to that?, not doubting you this just seems like a odd situation
Is this good enough for you?
On the amount of Jamba Heart pieces/Dark Hearts that make a complete Jamba Heart, while unknown, we do the following:

Is this good enough for you?
Yeah that is in no way less than a measly hundred. And for it to even still be 4-A requires being conservative to a very worrying degree, which makes it ridiculous to not even be 3-C to begin with. So I'm as confused as you are as to how this key isn't Tier 3, because from what I'm seeing? It should be.

I'm... Pretty sure that would still make him 3-C. "Several" means 3 or more, a quick Google search shows, so let's just go with 3 dozen to be conservative.

1.688e63 Joules (starry sky) x 16 x 36 = 9.72288e65 Joules.

1.053e66 Joules (Baseline 3-C)/9.72288e65 Joules = A 1.08301244x difference.

That number comes with a scaling chain. Kirby ranks among the top... He's 3-C either way.

Well given that Kirby is about to enter 3-C, this match is gonna be a stomp, so it should be closed.

At least till the Kirby AP Revisions are resolved.

Goodnight everybody.

Back