• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it doesn't really help him when he's facing against someone that can time stop better than sonic can.

No Dante's does not require a thought he does an animation before he activates it. So I would say Sonics is better because all he says is chaos control to activate it.

no in a cut scene quicksilver takes a thought to do Dante had no gesture when he did it the first time

But that was only in cutscene and it was just to show you the new ability he had acquired. In game he snaps his fingers and says stand still. Quicksilver only slows down time while chaos control completely stops it.

Dante also has a thing called Bangle of Time, which stops time as well, and it actually takes a thought to activate it.

And IIRC, the animation thing is a game mechanic.

Blueblur24 said:
But that was only in cutscene and it was just to show you the new ability he had acquired. In game he snaps his fingers and says stand still. Quicksilver only slows down time while chaos control completely stops it.
Cutscenes>>>Gameplay....Like, Always.

Also, that's quicksilver, which is one of three of Dante's Time abilities.

Bangle of time doesn't have a cutscene to show him using just a thought to activate it, but I could be wrong, and it only works on minor enemies with sonic isn't considering he is higher than dante.

Gargoyle One said:
Blueblur24 said:
Cutscenes>>>Gameplay....Like, Always.
Also, that's quicksilver, which is one of three of Dante's Time abilities.
What is the other ability and dante hardly ever uses his time abilities while sonic use his a lot more. And considering that he can sense danger he probably would take the fight seriously and start with either time stop or chaos control.

Bangle of Time, Chrono Heart Amulet.

Actually, this is DMC2 Dante, so one strike at Sonic activates his time Stop.

Bangle of time only works on minor enemies and chrono heart amulet would require him to attack sonic. While sonic ,do to being able to sense danger,could just time stop him there and or BFR him.

Because it only works on regular enemies who dante just Toys with and are below dante's tier than I doubt that it would work on sonic who is a higher 6-A than dante.

He doesn't but on the the link it says it only freezes minor enemies but sonic would be far above the minor enemies that dante faces.

Blueblur24 said:
How far above is sonic compare to dante in high 6-A ?
Dante casually one shotted Argosax who is>>His base form who is>Sparda who is>>Mundus who is>>138 Pettaton Abigail

@Gargoyle

Abigail is actually 172 petatons

And this is Anime Dante, so the point about Argosax is irrelevant, although he's still quite powerful

Surface busting is its own broad feat that, going by similar calcs, would range from 500 petatons to 1 exaton.

No, he can't.

Dante has too much hax for him anyway, and his time stop is both more effective and something he uses in character.

I would say they are equal in time stop but I am still saying sonic do to been able to sense danger, knowing that even though dante is weaker he isn't someone to toy with, BFR, and time stop abilities via time stop time break and chaos control.

Sonic has no resistance to time stop.

Dante requires only a thought to activate time stop, unlike Sonic.

Sonic almost never uses time stop in character, only Shadow does.

No quicksilver requires a thought, I still think they only did that to show the new ability he had acquired as it is never said that he can activate it with just a thought, all the others require him to either strike first or do an animation. And he only used quicksilver in one cutscene the others he didn't. And sonic could just BFR dante knowing that dante is a threat.

It's not in character really for any of them to use their time abilities even when serious. I just say sonic because he uses them way more often than dante and has experience with chaos control.

Im not goig to vote since it seems Dante is going to very soon get this, but I will say you guys can't put Dante's abilities in a vacuum. Just because he has hax that Sonic doesnt resist, just because he CAN do something that will give him the win, doesn't mean he WILL based on his character. That said I don't think Bangle of Time is thought activated and Dante wouldn't use it even when serious unless he felt he HAD to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back