• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://youtu.be/f5CiGpIVMbo 7:52 and onwards. This would scale to base forms if accepted.

EDIT: Since the planet is little planet it was rejected.

However there is a feat in Sonic Colors.

https://youtu.be/adMheegujxc From 34:25 and onwards you'll see that the Wisps fly to various other planets in 5-7 seconds. This is relevant because Sonic moves faster than the laser Wisp, who moves faster than the regular Wisps, who performed the feat.

Looks very outlier-ish to me, especially because:

• Metal Sonic is badly injured
  • He's not even going at full speed. In fact, it looks like he is casually taking a stroll to that other planet.

I know there was a calc that put this at like mach 6,000 or something but that was assuming Little Planet is the same size as earth which is not even close to being true so the feat is worth looking into again. Although the calc in the linked video has 2 problems in that we don't know what the numbers Eggman shows measure and we see a fade to black before Metal reaches the earth so the 15 seconds is likely a bit too low of a timeframe (But considering the way it's portrayed a minute highball could work as it clearly happens very quickly). Could also be an outlier but I dunno, the current FTL speeds are treated as relatively causal and this feat wouldn't come close to the accepted speeds of the far faster Super forms, but again I dunno.

We have an accepted calc for Little Planet (It's like 2 km or something from what I remember) so we can probably take Linas calc and just change the size of Little Planet to the accepted calc for a more accurate result of this feat.

I think the video explains what measure it is, otherwise Little Planet is either too close to Earth or too far

I do agree that, when properly calculated, it wouldn't be wank. I don't personally think it'd be an outlier since, as far as I know, Super Sonic's lowest calced feat is 38,555c (maybe with others that are extremely casual) and the base form FTL stuff was casual (Colors aside).

So yeah, it just needs to be put in a blog and sent to calc evaluations.

Sonic's max speed hasn't been confirmed to just be FTL, he's been improving over the years and growing stronger, if not growing stronger every second.

Metal Sonic doing while badly injured would only demostrate how fast he's able to move while surpressed.

There's multiple feats anyways putting Base Sonic at MFTL+ or just MFTL.

There is literally no unit, so we cannot assume it's in miles. And especially since Little Planet is obviously a planet much smaller any real planet. It's also fairly close to the other planet compared to how planets are usually structured. Just look at the images shown here. And yeah, Dust collector saying the planet only has a 2 km diameter would mean a lot of things that would make the feat simply unimpressive.

Also, we don't really take CFC's calcs very seriously.

Yeah but it's still considered a Planet it's not orbiting the earth it's completely seperate, if it wasn't a Planet it would be a Moon or a Dwarf Planet which is basically not true.

Doesn't change the fact that the math is off. Far far off. And Dust Collector said the feat was calculated at Mach 6000 and that even that's highballed. It's literally called "Little Planet" for a reason.

Little Planet's diameter fits well within the lower atmosphere of their Earth , as seen here when it moves up and in Sonic Mania where you get pretty much an exact same ground screenshot . There's absolutely no way its diameter could be feasibly any bigger than the distance the ground is to outer space, or like 62 miles or ~100 km.

There are a lot of other pixels scalings methods to get its diameter; for instance, by comparing the outer shell of the Death Egg MK II to the Little Planet using the side by side shot comparing the size of the space pods shot out of it in the ending of Sonic 4 by comparing their height to Sonic's, but its pixel scaled using one of the many methods to be 1.08502676961 kilometers across, for a minimum size tho .

If Little Planet was the size of Earth, Classic Sonic breaking those chains would be large planet level feat via how those chains were holding it in place and stopping it from moving away.

Well, I did say that the math is probaly wrong, though the vídeo did explain why it's miles, otherwise Little Planet would be too close or too far,, also in Sonic 4 Little Planet is way more away from Earth compared to Cd and Mania because the time wasn't right, so comparing the two isn't a good idea

There is some kind of supporting evidence though. The Interstellar Amusement Park has planets that are connected by chains. It's possible that Sonic can actually run on those chains to go to the planets which would likely put him in the massively FTL ranges. This is also supported by the fact that Sonic can outrun the black hole that can engulf said amusement park in a very short time. He even states that he runs faster than the elevator and he should be faster than the laser wisp, who's faster than the regular wisps, who flew from the Amusement Park to earth in 2 seconds.

You should put those feats and calculate them in a blog Zamasu, instead of making threads, it would be much easier that way

The planet being tiny pretty much debunks the whole; "The planets would be too close" statement as Little planet would barely even have an escape velocity, gravitational orbit, GBE ect using this calculator and assuming the density is the same as Earth's. The GBE literally got only 8-A levels of energy and it has an escape velocity of 0. And the gravity compared to Earth is like 0.00008515356 G's.

It's further away in Sonic the Hedgehog 4, given there's now an outer space to travel. But we'd have to pixel scale and ang size to get the actual measurement instead of assuming a unit for that random number.

• Sonic 4 episode 2,not Adventure 4, that game doesn't exists
And Little Planet actualy has the same gravity as Earth, as show in Mania since the levels there work the same on the levels outside it, though you are right about the numbers

I meant to just say Sonic 4 for short, and edited the comment.

I actually calculated this once now that I renember it, assuming that the numbers meant meters it ended at around seven times FTL I think, I would have to find it again, though it doesn't really matter since there's nothing indicating that

Edit:It was this one a little over 5 months ago, I had assumed meters since it's the biggest lowball

"And this one from a damaged Metal:https://youtu.be/6-Nx5E0Em9U ( At 40 seconds) Assuming that what's on Eggman's screen is the distance in meters( 8,458,243,472) and that It takes 10 seconds it would have been twice the speed of light, if it takes 20 seconds it would be light speed."

It's only twice FTL so it's pretty useless

So after having my brain melted by having my friend actually calc the distance Metal Sonic flew in 15 seconds, he came to the conclusion that even if the distance he flew was not miles and just meters it would still be a whopping six hundred and twenty-one billion three hundred and seventy-one million one hundred and ninety-two thousand two hundred and thirty-seven, I also had him calc this in inches but I don't feel like discussing that since my brain hurts right now.

Nah I feel like Sonic is MFTL by other things and it's to complicated to explain, I'll explain to you in discord.

Earthyboy said:
Nah I feel like Sonic is MFTL by other things and it's to complicated to explain, I'll explain to you in discord.
Can you explain to me in discord as well?

Ye, if Little Planet didn't have the same surface gravity as earth he'd fall to Earth when Sonic went to areas on the lower hemisphere. Instead he is pulled to Little Planet's surface. The thing has to be nonsensically dense for it to work like that.

Also i strongly disagree with using the numbers in the OP vid for a speed calc if the units arent given to us. They could be millimeters (or Planck length lol).

We don't know how far away the Wisps planets are, so that's kinda a problem

Though if we are talking about MFTL feats there's the Eggmobile flying to the Non-Agression zone

Back