• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So Big straight up name drops Soleanna during a conversation with Shadow and says that he met Elise at some point, so that's pretty funny to imagine.

Also: there's an interesting statement from Omega that I screenshoted where he states that Metal Sonic is the only Eggman robot that's on par with Sonic himself. I wonder if that means anything.

Also: there's an interesting statement from Omega that I screenshoted where he states that Metal Sonic is the only Eggman robot that's on par with Sonic himself. I wonder if that means anything.
1. Directly scaling Metal to Sonic (Because of how much people joke on his jobbers status, I think this is forgotten)
2. Solidifies that Badniks are essentially a one-shot level below the cast, since our heroes do that consistently but can also be harmed by even Buzz Bombers
So Big straight up name drops Soleanna during a conversation with Shadow and says that he met Elise at some point, so that's pretty funny to imagine.[/SPOILER]

Ha! Silver Generations soon

I maintain my Metal Sonic idea with a focus on combat in the style of P5: Strikers. If I was to put it into an Act System, Act 1 would be focusing on combat rooms with platforming sections, Act 2 would be straight up platformer, incorporating the Boost Formula, and the Bosses would be very similar to something from GoW/DMC, with dedicated movesets that test you across the Sonic Cast. Then when you beat them, you gain their moveset and more.

I’d also like additional combat rooms. The logic of this can be Metal Running simulations to test and hone his combat capabilities.

Additionally, since having Metal as the protag requires you either go full villain or make a greater evil, I’d like if the title kind of leaned into the idea that Metal’s character is both static and evolving like Sonic, and he’s his own man—He just also follows the Doctor’s every whim because that benefits him most. I think this can lead into great interactions. For example, after he beats the big bad, Sonic congratulates him for saving the day and being a hero—Only for Metal to chokeslam him.

He didn’t do it for Sonic, or to help anyone. It just served his goals better that the Universe not be conquered by some foolish upstart. Similarly, when he spares his bosses from death, since y’know it’s the Sonic Cast, they might be confused as to why. Only for him to respond that his growth is boosted by their existence, and that repeatedly copying them causes absurd growths in capability. Killing them is antithetical to his aims, because he wants to be the Best—Perfected. If he has “room to grow” then he isn’t, and if he isn’t he must take the most optimal means to reach that end.

Unfortunately, that means they survive. For now. It could also leave room for cute interactions. Metal still has Sonic’s personality and his experiences. How much is left vague and nebulous, but you can play with it for humor’s sake or deeper storytelling. Ex. He goes to end Tails, who is the first boss, but Tails is Sonic’s little buddy. His brother. Which means he’s METAL’S brother, too, with all of the emotional connection—Despite being as faded as it is. He can’t kill him. He tries, but can’t. So he logic’s up the reason (optimizing and efficiency for power growth).

Or if Amy teases or talks to him in this environment, he’s liable to act a tad more…tsundere? I would say? Sonic has feelings for her, so naturally, he does too. He’s killed them, but they exist. So she says just the right thing and he turns his head, ignoring her and trying to ignore that some part of him is still Sonic, too. Things like that.

I maintain my Metal Sonic idea with a focus on combat in the style of P5: Strikers. If I was to put it into an Act System, Act 1 would be focusing on combat rooms with platforming sections, Act 2 would be straight up platformer, incorporating the Boost Formula, and the Bosses would be very similar to something from GoW/DMC, with dedicated movesets that test you across the Sonic Cast. Then when you beat them, you gain their moveset and more.

I’d also like additional combat rooms. The logic of this can be Metal Running simulations to test and hone his combat capabilities.

Additionally, since having Metal as the protag requires you either go full villain or make a greater evil, I’d like if the title kind of leaned into the idea that Metal’s character is both static and evolving like Sonic, and he’s his own man—He just also follows the Doctor’s every whim because that benefits him most. I think this can lead into great interactions. For example, after he beats the big bad, Sonic congratulates him for saving the day and being a hero—Only for Metal to chokeslam him.

He didn’t do it for Sonic, or to help anyone. It just served his goals better that the Universe not be conquered by some foolish upstart. Similarly, when he spares his bosses from death, since y’know it’s the Sonic Cast, they might be confused as to why. Only for him to respond that his growth is boosted by their existence, and that repeatedly copying them causes absurd growths in capability. Killing them is antithetical to his aims, because he wants to be the Best—Perfected. If he has “room to grow” then he isn’t, and if he isn’t he must take the most optimal means to reach that end.

Unfortunately, that means they survive. For now. It could also leave room for cute interactions. Metal still has Sonic’s personality and his experiences. How much is left vague and nebulous, but you can play with it for humor’s sake or deeper storytelling. Ex. He goes to end Tails, who is the first boss, but Tails is Sonic’s little buddy. His brother. Which means he’s METAL’S brother, too, with all of the emotional connection—Despite being as faded as it is. He can’t kill him. He tries, but can’t. So he logic’s up the reason (optimizing and efficiency for power growth).

Or if Amy teases or talks to him in this environment, he’s liable to act a tad more…tsundere? I would say? Sonic has feelings for her, so naturally, he does too. He’s killed them, but they exist. So she says just the right thing and he turns his head, ignoring her and trying to ignore that some part of him is still Sonic, too. Things like that.
GFMFCywWgAACOm7.jpg

I mean, considering Mephiles still exists and they've sown the seeds for his return, then we could very well get a sequel to sonic 06 one day
I hope so, sadly the game's director stated that Mephiles as of now is a character that can only appear in a game like Generations, and even if they wanted to bring him back in other games, it just isn't possible due to the status of the character.

How strong are the Death Egg Robots from Sonic Forces again? Because in Sunset Heights Act 2, near the end of the stage, Shadow can kick off one of a Death Egg Robot's limbs and kick it away if you end up using Chaos Control to stop it in place.

How strong are the Death Egg Robots from Sonic Forces again? Because in Sunset Heights Act 2, near the end of the stage, Shadow can kick off one of a Death Egg Robot's limbs and kick it away if you end up using Chaos Control to stop it in place.
Last I checked, they don't scale to the main cast of Forces, so no contradiction there

Sonic one-shots them in Forces right before the Metal fight, so not much. They just downscale.

So to any of y'all who have gotten the chance to play Sonic x Shadow Generations, and without this becoming a spoiler discussion: how would you compare Sonic Generations and Shadow Generations respectively if you had the chance to play both?

For me? I think Shadow Generations is a LOT better in terms of gameplay, mechanics, story, and ESPECIALLY the absolutely magnificent level design and length of the stages. Of course, Sonic Generations is still an amazing game and it's quite impressive that it holds up so much to this day, but I can't help but think that Shadow Generations is definitely the main reason to buy the game

Shadow Generations was a perfect experience for me, so fast, so much variety of what to do, the controls were perfect and everything really felt like it came together to create a definitive experience. Really, the only thing I wanted was more of the game because really, I just loved it so much.

Shadow Generations was a perfect experience for me, so fast, so much variety of what to do, the controls were perfect and everything really felt like it came together to create a definitive experience. Really, the only thing I wanted was more of the game because really, I just loved it so much.
Well we're eight weeks away from getting the Sonic 3 DLC for Shadow Generations so we'll get more stages.

Honestly? I'm of the same opinion as you. Shadow Generations is so fluid and fast paced, the mechanics with Shadow's Chaos and Doom Powers flow seamlessly with the pacing of the gameplay, and I cannot articulate well enough to express how much I love the levels. Not only are all of them at least four minutes long, which doesn't feel too long, but all the paths and ways you can traverse the stages is something I haven't seen since SA1 and 2 to be honest.

****...I wish there were more than six stages. They're all so good, but man I just want more.

It's hard to compare them, for me. It's a boring answer, but, they do things very differently from each other that makes it more difficult for me.
Shadow Generations is fun, though! I like it. I think most of the Doom powers, control-wise, are handed very well.

The Terios skin is super nice to see. I would change three things about it, if I could.
1. Different quills. Droopy long guy. The Amyish quills do look better in-game than I thought, but, not as good as what I imagined for something else really, to be honest.
2. Different shoes Or run animation. Terios doesn't have skates, but still uses Shadow's animations. There are some concept character and shoe designs for Terios that do have air shoes, so, I feel that could maybe work.
3. Different aura color. I already don't like Shadow's orange (I never have, unfortunately), but if we're wanting to do a different color for the Shadow character's aura than any of the colors on their palette, I think a deep purple would look good with this specific Terios design, instead of Shadow's orange.
Dunno why this is a spoiler since it’s just a skin. Anyway’s I too hate orange aura for shadow
I for one like when an aura highly contrasts from the primary color of a character sometimes. In SA2 it was way more golden/yellow,which I always saw as part of being a false Super Sonic. It's cool IMO.

Last edited:
The biggest surprise to me was how nice the Doom Morph was to use, that was the one Doom Power that I thought wasn't cool the first time I saw it on the trailers, but actually using it was really nice.

The biggest surprise to me was how nice the Doom Morph was to use, that was the one Doom Power that I thought wasn't cool the first time I saw it on the trailers, but actually using it was really nice.
I initially hated the Doom Morph because I thought that it was only used for swinging back and forth and it felt awkward to use for traversal, especially on Chaos Island.

That is, until I realized that I can use it to shoot up based off the direction I'm swinging in and it instantly became a very awesome ability.

Seriously: it's crazy to me that the Doom Powers work so seamlessly into the gameplay without disrupting the flow and pace of the game.

I hope so, sadly the game's director stated that Mephiles as of now is a character that can only appear in a game like Generations, and even if they wanted to bring him back in other games, it just isn't possible due to the status of the character.
Eggman does eggman things trying to replicate time eater......there's your story

It occurs to me how Gerald for some reason thought Chaos Control (power to warp space-time for what he knows is time stop and teleporting) would cure Maria and solve all medicine. This also worked for some reason, because Shadow uses his status as the ULF that cures basically all diseases to reason he’d be immune to the Metal Virus. (Though he was wrong). It just didn’t cure Maria, because he cured everything but that apparently.

Kinda funny. “The power to stop time?! Ah yes, the PERFECT power to cure someone of an immunodeficiency disorder!”

There are interesting possibilities to explore that. Of course, I think it wouldn't be due to reality warping the disease away, as I think they seem to prefer to not bring multiple possible things to the Chaos Emeralds anymore (The reason why IDW came up with the Warp Topaz and they had to directly state Chaos Control couldn't solve the Metal Virus Crisis).

Still, this was before Black Doom basically showed a lot of reality warping in Shadow Generations, but who knows if that will end up as what Iizuka told during interviews, or just something stated in interviews that will later be explained as "those were just illusions, he had no Chaos Emeralds, so couldn't be Chaos Control. Yet Gerald's Journal does state something about the Chaos Emeralds being able to "warp reality to your will", so who knows.

In Sonic Battle Shadow does have a healing skill that is said to be "powered by Chaos Control", so I guess there's something for that. The truth is that by warping time and space, there are many ways you could manage one's body to improve healing, some time stop in controlled regions while increasing speed in others could make a body produce enough antibodies against whatever is attacking the body. It could also create some jump-gates between damaged parts of the body, allowing the flow of blood in one's body to continue as if nothing had happened.

It could take some creativity, but as long as you can work with that, I think there are good possible applications for Chaos Control that could do wonders in medicine.

Black Doom literally uses Chaos Control in the final battle.
Of course that is an illusion :LOL: However, I wonder if they could use the "it just needs to be close to it to work" thing, that I remember being used before, because then they could explain Shadow's Chaos Emerald as the reason. Just saying this because they really were going up with the "You can't Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald" before Shadow Generations

Of course that is an illusion :LOL: However, how much they could use the "it just needs to be close to it to work" that I remember being used before because then they could explain Shadow's Chaos Emerald as the reason. Just saying this because they really were going up with the "You can't Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald" before Shadow Generations
Black Doom nulls Shadow's ability to use Chaos Control so maybe he's just an exception.

Shadow also breaks from Chaos Control, so maybe Metal is just tapping into Shadow’s resistance to it. Though Shadow was frozen and had to power through, whereas Metal just wasn’t stopped at all, so…?

Shadow also breaks from Chaos Control, so maybe Metal is just tapping into Shadow’s resistance to it. Though Shadow was frozen and had to power through, whereas Metal just wasn’t stopped at all, so…?
Metal Overlord resists abilities he copies. He says it doesn't work on him because "Chaos Control is mine" and Omega says Metal's own Chaos Control neutralized it.

Then it's a layered Resistance for Doom Shads specifically
Shouldn't Super States upscale from this,too? I would find it difficult to belive that in the current narrative & spectacle direction of the games that Super Sonic wouldn't break out of CC instantaneously.They're the top of the food chain,afterall.

Last edited:
Back