• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introductio

With the upcoming forum move, it's time to make my contribution with one last hurrah before we go. What better way than to make a CRT about mutant anthros?

Speed
Classic Sonic has a calculated feat placing him at 7.79x FTL due to outpacing the Eggrobo's lasers. As this takes place within Sonic Generations, where Classic Sonic is still regarded as Sonic's past self rather than an alternate version of him, this would heavily upscale to the Adventure and Modern Era cast. Considering this falls in line with "slow" characters having casual FTL feats, this should likely be enough reasoning for a speed upgrade without being contradictory. It's not like you see Classic struggling to do his Rel+ feats anyways.

Classic Cast
Classic Sonic: FTL (Can react to and outspeed lasers)

• Those who scale are adjusted accordingly.
Modern Cast
Adventure/Modern Sonic: At least FTL (Stated that lightspeed was small time after having his speed measured by E-123 Omega. Superior to E-102 Gamma, who can casually dodge lasers. Far above to his classic self, who can outspeed lasers. Can surpass the speed of his Lightspeed Dash several times over)

Post-Forces Sonic: FTL+ (Swifter than Infinite by the time of their second encounter within Forces, who managed to sidestep his boost technique and attack faster than Sonic could properly react to)

Those who don't scale: At least FTL (Should be superior to Classic Sonic)

• This is for characters who have had no scaling relevance within the Adventure/Modern Eras.
Note: Considering Sonic already scales vastly above 7.785x FTL due to being superior to Classic Sonic, that leaves less than a 1.23x gap to reach FTL+. As such, people like Excalibur Sonic and Merlina likely safely breach into FTL+ due to being far superior to Adventure Sonic.

• Additionally, considering Sonic is 9.02x FTL by the time of Sonic Unleashed, those who scale above him in terms of speed also safely reach FTL+ due to needing less than a 1.11x increase for it. This scales to those such as Infinite and The Avatar.
Addressing The Counterargument(s)
"Sonic can't be faster than his own Lightspeed Dash. It's supposed to be above his normal abilities!"

• Counter: Firstly, realize that it's called a Lightspeed Dash and treated as far above his normal abilities in Sonic Adventure when he's already over 5x FTL via scaling above E-102 Gamma as shown here. Secondly is the lack of importance of the move. It was treated as above his normal abilities within Sonic Adventure and maybe a few games after as well. But considering that it's very common for Sonic to be stated to have gotten faster, as well as the lesser importance of the ability nowadays, it shouldn't raise any eyebrows that the technique has lost any real value aside from moving across a trail of rings. I'm not saying that it's a technique that makes him slower, as there would be no point in such a technique, but it doesn't seem to make him any faster anymore. Especially if we compare it gameplay wise within Unleashed, which shows his top speed with the Boost as much faster than what the LSD is capable of.
Lifting Strength

Base Forms

Adventure/Modern Cast
An easy bit to swallow. The Adventure Era cast and onward gets upgraded to Class M based on this calculatio of Adventure Sonic toppling the Egg Golem.

You may notice that a calc member said that it likely wasn't good to apply Lifting Strength from force, but the problem comes from the fact that other calcs use force for Lifting Strength. After discussing it with DDM, he agreed that it should be useable.

Werehog Sonic and Egg Dragoo
Another easy bit.

Werehog Sonic's AP description is that he's formed by the conjunction of Dark Gaia's energy and the Chaos Emeralds. Werehog Sonic and the Egg Dragoon (who can knock Werehog Sonic on his ass) both get upgraded to "At least Class Z" by virtue of Werehog Sonic being directly empowered by all seven when only one can do a Class Z feat. But that isn't all.

Multiplying the low-end mass by seven puts us just around 3x less than the baseline for Class Y. However, two things make it more than just simply taking a stab in the dark. For one; the Chaos Emeralds get stronger by an exponential amount when combined. So while the power is by no means linear, being powered by all seven Chaos Emeralds should actually make it far above just a multiplication of 7 times. I guess you could call this a lowball. The Chaos Emeralds' power is strongest together, after all. Not only this, but Werehog Sonic also has the additional bonus of gaining a large amount of Dark Gaia's energy to provide an even larger boost of strength atop what the Chaos Emerald has given him. As such...

• Werehog Sonic: At least Class Z, possibly Class Y (Is powered by the energy of all seven Chaos Emeralds when only one could shift the mass of a continent, while also having an additional boost in strength from absorbing a large amount of Dark Gaia's energy)
  • Egg Dragoon: At least Class Z, possibly Class Y (Can grapple with Werehog Sonic)
Post-Generations Cast
Should be an easy follow-up to the previous.

Generations Sonic can knock back the Egg Dragoon with his Homing Attack. AKA the same Egg Dragoon that can knock back Werehog Sonic, who we've established is already Class Z/ possibly Class Y. Sonic and those who scale will be adjusted accordingly.

• Post-Generations Sonic: At least Class Z, likely Class Y (Can push back the Egg Dragoon with his attacks, which could grapple with his Werehog self. Grew strong enough to fight and knock back Infinite after their first encounter)
  • Those Who Scale: At least Class Z, possibly Class Y (Comparable to Post-Generations Sonic, who can push back the Egg Dragoon) (They keep the possibly, as only Sonic got stronger over the course of Forces)
Super Forms and Co.
Simple. Super Sonic can push back the Mother Wisp, who is superior to every other Wisp due to being the one who imbued them with their energy to begin with. This places her above the likes of Violet Voids and Indigo Asteroids, who can freely move and support their own weight while having Pre-Stellar mass (do the math, it's Pre-Stellar lol). As such, due to feats and statements proving that Super Forms are above even the Mother Wisp, they'll be upgraded. Consistent with other beings below them being Class Z/Class Y . As such, Class Z Super Forms are no more. These are the new ratings.

• Wisps: Pre-Stellar (Wisps like Violet Voids and Indigo Asteroids can support their own mass when in their Hyper-Go-On state, both of which are at this level)
  • Mother Wisp: Pre-Stellar (Superior to her Wisps, which can take form with properties akin to a black hole)
  • Super Forms: Pre-Stellar (Superior to the Mother Wisp, who in turn is superior to Wisps such as Violet Voids and Indigo Asteroids that can support their own mass)
To Conclude
A minor speed upgrade and some Lifting Strength buffs? Not bad.

Welp, that's gonna be it for this one. Considering this stuff shouldn't be controversial, I have hope that this'll conclude very quickly. Here's to hoping, amirite?

I can agree to most of this. Class Z stuff seems way too convoluted and not actually supported by canon IMO. I entirely disagree with "being powered by these things that can perform a feat on such massive scale through magical/mystical means scale to the user's physical strength completely".

Super Sonic at least has the feats to support it via Shadow's feat and logical scaling, but base Sonic character's physical LS scaling to something the Emeralds performed through mystical energy only seems super wrong to me.

But I guess if others agree with it, cool. It's the only thing I take issue with.

If Werehog Sonic is directly powered by the raw energy of the Chaos Emeralds and Dark Gaia energy, the former being the very same energy which did the feat in the first place, I feel like there's no reason he wouldn't scale afaik.

Even if you disagree with the Chaos Emerald bit, Werehog would be Class Z solely due to Dark Gaia's energy as he absorbed a significant amount of its energy (as shown when Werehog Sonic's energy alone matures it into Perfect Dark Gaia). Either way is Class Z, the seven Chaos Emeralds just support Class Y.

ShakeResounding said:
(as shown when Werehog Sonic's energy alone matures it into Perfect Dark Gaia).
Small error but the Werehog energy just powers up regular Dark Gaia, he doesn't go Perfect because of it

Actually, the lifting strength scales to base characters Post-Generations.

Reabsorbing the Werehog energy allowed him to mature into Perfect Dark Gaia.

No, he didn't, all that it did was power up Dark Gaia further, he still fought base Sonic and Gaia Collosus before going Perfect

While I have some reservations on the lifting strength stuff, namely the Mother Wisp, the speed stuff I'm perfectly fine with.

The migration has started. Regular members can no longer edit the profiles, but this can probably be applied after it's over

I mean staff can still edit, but it has to be very quick. And to be honest, with how many profiles this would affect it's best just to wait

Cal elaborated on Discord and said he disagrees with the Mother Wisp scaling to Pre-Stellar, but is fine with Super Forms and Wisps.

Would it be possible to temporarily allow me, and maybe somebody else, to edit the profiles so we can complete this quickly later on? I'd be able to do so in the early evening, so in about 13 hours or so.

Two staff members is probably not enough agreement to apply statistics changes to such a controversial verse. It is probably best if you ask some other staff members for input as well.

You should preferably ask the following members:

DarkDragonMedeus

Elizhaa

Matthew Schroeder

Sera EX

Ryukama

DemonGodMitchAubin

Starter Pack

Executor N0

With a quick look through, I think this all seems pretty reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back