• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic (canon) vs The Flash

Coulda just said Game Canon. Archie Sonic is just as much "Canon" as Game Sonic in their perspective universes. They even came out at the relatively same amount of time.

Hyper Sonic is the strongest form Sonic has ever taken. And if Darkspine Sonic is Universal or whatever, and it's a weaker transformation than the Chaos Emeralds (can someone get the canon that says this?) - Wouldn't that mean that the Chaos Emeralds are also capable of Universal feats, or am I the only one that sees the implications of this?

Right...

So why doesn't Sonic get universal reality warping feats if he returns an entire universe back to normal effortlessly? Are we on drugs?

... The World Rings "bind the pages of the Arabian Nights' story" book and the book is its own universe. He placed it back to the way it was after the world had been warped by Erazor Djinn's super state. I can't even...

I think it comes from the fact that while Erazor and DS Sonic were battling in space (or whatever), the Arabian Nights world only ever showed to be some kind of planet.

That doesn't mean anything, it's considered a "universe" in itself. He still warped it back to normal. It's not a dimension, it's a reality, a parallel universe lodged in a book. It even has its own concept of hell if Sonic's words ring true about there being a "hell".

Regardless, I feel we cannot consider it to be universal in size simply because it's a separate realm. Even if it is, DS Sonic showed the power to change an entire world back to normal, which is impressive, but we don't know if he affected the entire universe.

no in the game it showed space and stars

and it had alternate versions of Knuckles and Tails

Having an alternate Knuckles and Tails does not mean it is the same size as the main universe. Like I said, we see them fighting in space, but Sonic only ever affected the initial planet, which was being warped. I personally don't doubt he's universal, but I feel we need more solid proof to actually place him at that level without a shadow of a doubt.

Thank you. Space and stars. There's one showing that it was its own parallel verse. Can someone remove that the World Ring's are a weaker source of power just because Sonic doesn't get Invincibility? And by the way, how does Wally or Bart get past Sonic's invincibility considering he can tank event horizons, blasts from the Jeweled Staff, and things like that?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Having an alternate Knuckles and Tails does not mean it is the same size as the main universe. Like I said, we see them fighting in space, but Sonic only ever affected the initial planet, which was being warped. I personally don't doubt he's universal, but I feel we need more solid proof to actually place him at that level without a shadow of a doubt.
He stated that (Erazor Djinn) that the WORLD RINGS bind the universe of the book together.

Davy0 said:
And by the way, how does Wally or Bart get past Sonic's invincibility considering he can tank event horizons, blasts from the Jeweled Staff, and things like that?
I don't think Barry can. Wally probably just speed steals. Barry likely gets his ass handed to him.

Davy0 said:
He stated that (Erazor Djinn) that the WORLD RINGS bind the universe of the book together.
But was he ever shown using them to affect more than just the planet? I haven't played the game in years, so I might have missed something.

I think Sonic reacted to Shadow's movements while in Chaos Control in SA2 commenting that "Wow, he's fast... Wait! It's not his speed he's using the Chaos Emerald to Warp!" after turning his body and seeing exactly where Shadow was after he'd done Chaos Control, even though most would have been confused at what just happened. I think it may be an outlier though.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Davy0 said:
But was he ever shown using them to affect more than just the planet? I haven't played the game in years, so I might have missed something.
They bind the BOOK, the entire universe is within THE BOOK! Common sense, Azathoth man, come on now. If the entire book has the universe where there are celestial bodies, planets, and stars around it, and they are still within the book! It's a universe within itself!

Yes, the World Rings bind the book, and Darkspine and Erazor were both empowered by the rings, but neither demonstrated universal feats. Erazor warped a planet, then Darkspine warped it back. Also, wasn't it stated in the final battle that neither of them received the full power of the rings, as Erazor was "incomplete" and Sonic absorbed the energy afterwards?

Darkness552 said:
Chaos Control and affect Time and Space
if Sonic wanted to he could just stop time
Is this composite Wally and Barry with both Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis feats? If so, I don't think that would matter, as I recall Wally running through time on several occasions. Not sure about Post-Crisis, though.

Well, he needed to move in the first place, so I don't think that would work. Also, Barry ran through time to get him and Hal out of the sight of the Black Lantern Rings during Blackest Night.

He didn't control time, his speed allowed him to run through time, it doesn't mean that he's immune to effects like Time Stop. On the contrary, isn't one of his greatest rivals capable of time manipulation, doesn't he usually win by Plot-Induced Stupidity?

You mean Zoom? I think. I'm not super familiar with Flash's history. I know Zoom exists outside the flow of time, so he's technically "faster" than speedforce users, but usually loses due to random PIS.

Back