• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic ability additions from Sonic Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick's added all of the abilities to the profiles, so kudos to him. But I still feel like we should talk about his draft for Sonic's profile (which is really well done, btw).

Unless he has more to add or doesn't want it to be used for another reason, couldn't we use it?

None of the characters should get resurrection. This is sudden I know, but after what one guy brought up in my Shadow vs Accel thread, they don't act as resurrection but more of an energy replenisher. When all the characters lose health, they don't die, they just get knocked out.

3BB9FBE8-0A26-4F5D-BA57-2E7D3655A8AF

It's a kids game. The game isn't gonna tell you somebody's dead. Besides, the game itself tells you it's a "mystical amulet with the inexhaustible power to put the fallen back on their feet".

"It's a kids game. The game isn't gonna tell you somebody's dead."

Tell that to Cubone's mother in Pokémon ;-;

That just means because it's a kids game, nobody dies then. The quote of itself can easily refer to the fallen as knocked out characters and not dead.

Due to SE revisions Sonic chars won't have any of this by default, but it still gets on the file and OP can still specify for them.

@HERO It's heavily implied to be ressurection, though. It's an item used to revive your character, put the fallen back on their feet (in this case, I think it really does refer to the dead), and is even called the "Angel Amulet".

It has some heavy implications towards it.

I do believe that KO makes more sense, tbh. People do outright die in this game, and being KOed is also an explanation on why party members can be up and walking again after a fight they hit 0 hp during. Chaos Rift is the only real anomaly with regards to KOing as 0 hp.

@HERO I think it's just game mechanics, man. Hell, it's even in conjunction with the Ring of Life as a revival item.

The problem is whether you listen to what the items say they do, or two letters that appear when you get decked or suck at the game (lol).

@Cal Basicallly, because Classic Sonic has his own profile now, we'd remove the image and key divider like how it is now. That's all I meant by it.

@Shake Sorry I know I said I will stop, but I can't get it out of my mind. It's a choice of what the item description implies as dead or even not dead, or two letters that flat out says you're knocked out. One or the other man.

@HERO Two letters to show that you probably need to get better at the game, or the lore behind the description of an item referred to as a mystical artifact?

Hey, don't sweat it, there isn't any malice in what I say. We're just two people with different opinions in how to take this.

@Shake It doesn't matter what message it is trying to be told, it can be that and mean the same thing at the same time. And the lore that says it's mystical does not matter. Being able to replenish my energy after running a mile instantly is pretty mystical to.

But the thing is that it does matter what's trying to be told. If a game tells me that I'm Deadpool and the game says I can't be killed, but then I die on a hard level because I suck, what matters more?

Yeah but the game doesn't tell you that you died in Chronicles. All it says is that 1.) It's mystical (which doesn't mean much) 2.) It just implies that they are dead. But, at the same time it can imply the other meaning as well. It's 50-50.

When you lose all your health on the other hand, it directly says KNOCKED OUT. Meaning you didn't die. It doesn't matter if they are just messages or coding, it still doesn't take away the value of what it is said.

I know it doesn't take value away, that's why I made the point that it has equal value because it's all coding.

This is just gameplay vs. lore now.

But does the lore directly says that it brings them back from the dead though? Regardless, I made a comment explaining what is going on now in my thread. You can continue this argument from there Shake.

can you check out my thread? I'm sorry but right now I'm really bored and this wiki is pretty much on the dry lains here, well at least with sonic related things.

Nice! Now all we gotta do is wait on Dark to approve, transfer over the extra abilities discussed in this thread that aren't on the draft, get rid of the E in "Lightning Ring", and it's set.

Again. Good job, Maverick!

Overwrite the entire profile maybe not, but expanding and adding info. yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back