• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Rayquaza nor Goku would be willing to bust a planet with life on it unless it's a last resort, no matter what.

Because statements from 2 ppl mean something exactly? (no disrespect obv, just again, we are a majority and minority are outruled. Plus if you actually linked a thread like I did to support yourselves, you'd hold more water). And yes your way. You wanted a thread to see if my point stood earlier and I gave you one. Once I did, you turned it around and complained about specifics to try and undermine it.

Astracous again, according to you and only you. Nerfs are nerfs, trying to cherry pick between them kinda isnt a good move. If we can ignore stuff like Pacifisim or hesitance to use moves, and allow them, then planet busting can be given the same thing, especially when it'd be a last resort against a world they have absolutely 0 care for.

Also, any actual evidence that Rayquaza needs to constantly keep eating said stuff in order to live as long as a couple minutes? Considering how people are able to live MUCH longer without water or other consumable needs, im fairly certain its believeable for Rayquaza to do the same thing here for himself.

Goku should take this due to AP and Durability, as well as fighting technique and possibly intelligence? I mean, the justification for its High intelligence can be interpreted as "animal instinct" akin to a dog at best. Don't think it'll be able to tell if Goku does some strange martial arts maneuver (kind of like what Sasuke did to Kakashi in their first fight).

The thread ya linked died. And consisted of two people with less than 5 posts. But hell, fine , I'll go grab superman vs sonic if ya want.

You're kidding right ? Not just me but ever, and pacifism only gets negged otherwise no match would be there to begin with, like every frisk match. Everything else is fair game, if neuther would do it in character neither will do it here that is how this works Kukui, hence in character not bloodlusted, no morals and do things the character has never did or would do before .

Because Katara has that many matches with Bloodbending permitted right? And again, you complaining about specifics like threads dying out isnt my problem. You wanted a thread, I gave you one. If you don't accept it, thats your business.

>not just me but ever

2 people. Like I said. No disrespect, but thats still minority and what one staff member has to say doesnt mean its absolute.

Which is again, cherry picking. If something is an option in a random match-up, it should be allowed whether its a first resort or a last resort, otherwise its still nerfing. And again, you can't apply something from in their own verse to another random place like its the same thing when its not. If they were fighting in the pokemon world, then Rayquaza definitely wouldnt consider destroying it. Anywhere else? Rayquaza has 0 care for. What happens in their verse is irrelevent anywhere outside it.

Then different example then. And both me and you know that example ya provided was trash. Yeah I'm nktvacceoting it, how about actually find a thread where a character dud something blatantly out of character and still got the win?

and in this thread me, gargoyle and maybe more pointed out supes would never do that in character, it ended up having the enture battle ground changed to be an uninhabited planet.

That is the site rules, nkt mine. Either way , do ya actually think ray will planet bust, stop, never had, never will, unless bloodlusted and even then itd be on the back . Nerfing? Yeah abd? Too bad but in character and flaws still abide.

No. Rayquaza and Goku don't just destroy populates areas. They have empathy, guys-- they're at least altruistic to some degree-- that's why they protect their Earth's respectively.

Saying something is "trash" doesnt mean it is and it'd be better if you didn't say demeaning stuff like that.

Anyway, again. That. Isn't. My. Problem. I gave you a thread that you asked for to help prove my point. And I did. It isn't my issue if you can't accept that for what it is. Im not searching for and providing more than what I was asked to find, simple as that. You want more, you can find it on your own.

That thread....literallty supports my argument even more. Supes wouldnt do so in character because its happening to the earth, which is y'know, what he saves on a constant daily basis. Of course people would have issues with him suddenly busting it. Changing to a setting that differs from him means Supes would have 0 issues destroying it to a pulp, and the fact no one else replied there to object to that means even more that no one had an issue with him doing that, in character or not. So that means nothing there, just like it means nothing here for Rayquaza. This isnt the pokemon world, its a different place, so Rayquaza destroying it is fair.

Amexim said:
No. Rayquaza and Goku don't just destroy populates areas. They have empathy, guys-- they're at least altruistic to some degree-- that's why they protect their Earth's respectively.
Yes, their earths. Thats the problem here.

This setting is neither in pokemon, nor in DB. So neither would have any empathy for wherever place they go, which is different from their verses homes. So there's no reason why they wouldnt hold back to keep it safe when they have 0 care for it.

Well I think it is.not your problem, but ya haven't actually proved your point, that requires an actual example, not whatever that was. Demeaning? Don't ever plan on insulting anyone on this site, but I sure have no problem wuth saying certain examples or reasoning is awful.

>superman won't bust earth because it is earth.

>rayquaza will bust earth because it is not the Pokemon world , aka earth.

????????????

>no one objected, yet 3 people said he would not bust a populated planet, getting the location changed to be uninhabitated.

Not how their characters work though. Rayquaza and Goku wouldn't blow up a planet with people on it, even if it's not their home-- because they care about other living things. Unless its, like, trees...?

Well if thats the case then fair for that then.

And yes to the latter. Supes is a hero, no matter what earth it is he saves anyones lives.

Raquaza kinda doesnt do the same thing. At all. He only keeps the pokemon world earth safe, any other place he wouldnt care about.

Just in, goku and ratqyaza and apparently superman have no qualms nuking the shit out planets just because despite fully going against everything each fully embody and stand .

Why would Rayquaza suddenly not even give a shit? Kinda against needless killing, he spared zinnia , when he should of ate her face off.

For one, as far as the game goes kids-only content kinda wouldnt have that (and she's too much of a waifu to be eaten ovo)

And more importantly, no other earth has his 2 grudingly rumbling creatures to fight each other to screw everything up, which calls for him. For him to suddenly have the same treatment anywhere else, that doesnt have them, makes no sense and is very very doubtful.

Manga, he crippled , but still let her live.

And? Consider the fact Goku using ki blasts or melee , that gets brought up constantly in in character matches, something that small yet here ya are arguing for the most blatant out of character thing ever .

Plot armor is also thing y'know, since she's literally a main character in it. And im fairly certain the MC caught Ray before he could...well...feast.

And? It means you can't assume he'd give another totally random place the same exact treatment.

Regardless, your right on one thing.

Too much time has been spent arguing on this, im (and probably you) are tired and at this point its agree to disagree on this. So im going to leave it at that.

Come on, have ya read the Manga? The literal next chapter, both archie abd maxie died . Abd by that point zinnia had plot relevance akin to dust .

What would be likely? The guarduan of earth abd avoider of needless killing not blowing up earth or completely throwing everthing that had been built up around him since his debut in like an instance by obliberating earth just for one man ?

Isn't the REASON Rayquaza keeps the Pokémon world safe because of some kind of Altruism or sense of animal justice? As in, it wouldn't kill things or an entire Planet's worth of people if it could help it.

Even if he doesn't blow up the Earth via morals, it would be a massive stretch to say he would change his combat style all of a sudden.

Like me saying Beerus pre-BoG arc would insta-use hakai on an equal enemy level of stretch.

Voting Goku for Amexim's reasons.

Ok, this is getting a little out of hand. I checked the SBA, again, to make sure of how we regard a character's behavior.

"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't."

So the chances of Rayquaza busting the planet willy-nilly seem a little...slim, if at all?

Voting for Goku for the same reasons as Amexim.

Rayquaza: 239 Zettatons

Goku (Post King Kai Training): About 1.326 Yottatons

Goku (Kaioken x4): A little over 5.3 yottatons

Goku wins via AP Gap.

?

Hmm? Goku is 4x piccolo, who is 69 zetta . 276 bare minimum excluding the giant jumps in between .

Whatever He got was bullshit unless some statement for missed and he found one .

Yeah, Kaioken Goku is 276 zetta implying no difference exists between pre raditz piccolo and post train Goku , which there is, a huge jump, considering Vegeta could point at a saibmen and blow the head off and entrails across the ground . So actually, unqyatifuably higher than 276 .

Becayse with kaioken he is liable to beat the shit out of him?

And base Goku is = Nappa, who can fight 4 >> raditz piccolo fighters .

Cal, because Goku kind of does? Goku Kaiokenx4 shitstomps on normal Goku, who is equal to Nappa (if abit stronger), who can casually rip a saibaman's head straight off with no effort.

@The real cal howard

Numbers come from Goku at PL 416 is 69 zettatons. Goku's power level after training is 8,000. Simple math makes his AP out to be 1.326 Yottatons.

I mean, I can give you the idea that power level scaling can be bad (even if it doesn't get you to the feats later on from characters that should be dwarf star, but this scaling gets them to be Large Planet).

But it's not "abusing the power creep". We're taking note of it. You do realize that the power creep of dragon Ball and shonen in general is massive, but we low-ball the characters on their profiles just to be safe. Goku being Piccolo level in power in base is false, you do know that right?

It's not "abusing" or "taking advantage of" a canon fact, if that fact is absolutely true. Recognizing that Goku has the AP advantage via being unquantifiably (but definitely) stronger than base Piccolo isn't abusing anything-- it's stating a fact. We don't need to use Power Levels to understand that.

I was reading the thread, and I just want to say that allowing planet bust is really unfair here and makes the match one-sided.

Rayquaza via better versality. The AP gap is mitigated by most of Goku's moves being useless as he'd be a fighting type similar to Lucario.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Bam mega punch.
Normal. And >mitigated. Half will still be brutal.
No it won't, the AP gap isn't that big and when it gets larger Goku will be exhausted after 1 hit, which won't be enough to kill Rayquaza. Rayquaza additionally knows protect

Also, Rayquay can just nuke him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back