• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
Or the fact that UI's dodging makes Grovyle stronger... Or Absorb not allowing for a dodge.
Absorbe can be dodged, wut.

"Quick Attack: Grovyle uses its amazing speed to attack the opponent before the opponent can react. It normally goes first, cuts through corners, and has more range than his other moves."

Grovyle wins. OvO

Absorbe can be dodged, wut.

Absorb starts from the opponent and goes to the user in all of the animations used for it. It's...weird, tbh. It's not a projectile or a physical move.

Goku should take this via UI, versatile ways to use ki, solar flare, IT, flight, adapting to different situations really fast in combat, and growing stronger the longer he fights.

UI Goku adapts to the opponent's attacks, as soon as Grovyle gets close he is going to be in a lot of shit.

That's nowhere close to adaptation. That's a factor of his reactive power level. Plus, his counterattack causes him to get hit with another counterattack.

Not gonna lie, I didn't. I've seen some things about UI, so I can't assume for anything.

Grovyle's Luminous Orbs and Dig for surprise attacks, plus having an ability that makes him auto-attack twice with every attack, which may provide a counter to UI make him a much greater close combat threat.

Concentrator: Grovyle is focused on making its attacks hit, so its accuracy is boosted by 1 level. Its evasion is reduced by 1 level, however.

Practice Swinger: When Grovyle fails to hit the target with an attack or move, his Attack and Special get boosted for only the next turn.

Counter Hitter: Grovyle takes on the Mini Counter status, which makes him strike back against attackers in certain conditions.

Quick Dodger: Grovyle becomes better at evading attacks and moves.

Quick Striker: Grovyle attacks at a faster rate, so he will always lash out with an extra attack right after its first one.

^ these all provide counters for UI.

Counter Hitter, Quick dodger and quick striker are useless.

Btw, stop ignoring me in my own wall!!! ovo

Grovyle via DC. His IQ skills counter UI and argaubly are better versions of UI, and he has comparable fighting skill, given he grew up basically in Hell.

Surprise attacks are also countered by UI. You don't actually need to acknowledge your opponent's move for UI to react, that's the point of the form.

UI still needs sensing to work. Otherwise it couldn't get speedblitzed if there wasn't some sort of acknowledgement to go by. And there's still Detect's invulnerability to worry about, or Bullet Seed being a huge problem.

Honest question. Did I say anything that implies speed boosts? Because idk if I did.

Also, you said Quick Striker was useless here. Why? It's no different than UI in that it's an auto-attack the second time rather than auto-dodge.

Quick striker is just launching two consecutive hits. I dont see why that's a problem.

Back