• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (DragonBallZ) vs Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, Post-Crisis)

Stomp. P. sure Hal Jordan and the Lanterns scale to the high-end of the Infinite Mass Punch calc (which is, like. in the upper tiers of 4-B), whereas DBZ-level Goku's 4-B rating comes from being stronger than Super Perfect Cell, who is 44x baseline 4-B.

I don't see how this is a stomp, goku's 4-B rating is not only scaling from being stronger than cell, but also from being stronger than majin buu(kid buu) who is way stronger than cell by many many several amounts of times. 4-B goku would one-shot cell with no difficulty. I view this as a competitive matchup...

He destroyed a few galaxies over time and should be at least mid range 4-B as he would one shot a low end like cell with no effort at all and is probably multi solar system. I dont believe he is galaxy level but there is an argument.

Son Gandhi said:
He destroyed a few galaxies over time and should be at least mid range 4-B as he would one shot a low end like cell with no effort at all and is probably multi solar system. I dont believe he is galaxy level but there is an argument.
Take that to the content revision board.

Otherwise Green Lantern AP stomps hard, or Hax stomps. either or doesn't matter

I don't think he has an ap advantage and if he does I believe it would be marginal at best, goku with reactive power level and saiyan phsyiology etc. could probably match him, has green lantern ever hax stomped a being with 4-B durabilty? I believe goku blitzes green lamtern with pressure point strikes as ssj3 and nails him with kamehameha full power(with instant transmission if need be)

Goku's reactive evolution wouldn't get him to the level of a character far far far surpassing him. If it did he'd beat frieza as base.

Speed is equalised.

I believe everything was allowed, with the exception of goku vs Superman.

But how far does he really surpass him considering goku could have defeated kid buu without the spirit bomb if he had went all out from the start, kid buu should be well into mid to high end 4-B range. I think its very possible that bloodlusted goku would use instant transmission to blits with superior martial arts and then kamehameha for the final blow.

Gl is around 0.6 megafoe, Cell is like barely above 1 kilofoe. He didn't suppress himself, he just decided to not finish the fight quickly, so he wasn't really pulling his punches. Also, Mid end solar system level doesn't work with the scaling to Vegeta.

The difference I showed would also make hurting GL impossible.

He was suppressing himself he stated that he could have defeated buu but he wanted Vegeta to have a turn. Anyway cell is not really relevant as buu is way beyond cell and so is goku so is there a calculation on buu's or goku's megafoe/kilofoe etc?

I looked into it, and I used the wrong translation.

Cell is relevant, we know from general scaling from Buu to SS2 that Buu isn't so far superior to Vegeta that he one shots.

He isn't described as that much more powerful than Cell, just far more powerful than Gohan as ss2. And Gohan provided half the energy needed to fill Fat Buu's tank after getting weakened from the Cell Games time skip.

Also, a weakened Gohan could catch up to Goku in a short period of training with the Z sword.

Being far more powerful than gohan as ss2 is more impressive as gohan was beyond cell. Dabura was comparable to cell and Vegeta and goku basically confirmed they could both individually end dabura with no difficulty whilst watching his fight with gohan. Kid buu is way beyond fat buu, plus gohan never really caught up to goku until old kai unlocked his potential which put him beyond ssj3 goku.

Gohan is beyond Cell, however, Cell is above a half power Cell Games saga non rage powered Gohan, so there's still scale.

Dabura powered up later, causing Goku to retract that claim. I'll find the scan later.

Edit: He didn't retract the claim. Goku just said that he could kill Dabura, but he had just met him so i think it's fair enough to say that claim doesn't have any weight. He also says Dabura is on Cell's level before Dabura Powered up though.

Still, the fact that Buu actually managed to put up a fight is my point. Unlocked Potential has literally nothing to do with this, and he did catch up to Goku, he lifted the Z sword, which they make clear is a feat of power.

Anyway, what i'm saying is Kid Buu isn't strong enough to fill the Gap between Cell and Green Lantern (which is 584.900285 times if i didn't make that clear), not that Kid Buu isn't >>> Cell.

I brought up unlocked potential because you claimed gohan caught up with goku before his potential was unlocked which is wrong. Id like to see the scan and kid buu was just messing around with vegeta, mocking him etc. Also kid vuu durabilty should probably be higher than his ap imo. I dont see how kid buu and ss3 goku wouldnt be solar system+ or possibly multi solar system level.

It's not wrong, you missed the edit i just added.

You don't need to see a scan, you just need to look at the chapter where they fight. Vegeta's fight isn't Kid Buu and Fat Buu's fight.

The Difference between Cell and Solar System+ to Multi Solar System level is billions, and there's nothing to back up Kid Buu being that much stronger than Cell.

...Regardless of semantics, even if their AP and Durability were equal, this would be a hax stomp in GL's favor, too. Green Lantern can absorb and redirect all of Goku's energy-based attacks using his ring, as well as turn intangible and manipulate matter. This is pre-Super Goku, so Green Lantern's ability to slow down time would also be of use.

Goku shows up casually swings the z sword around in his suppressed base form, he's still a fair bit above gohan at that point even though gohan did get a fair power boost from z-sword training. When has green lantern ever hax stomped a 4-B? Bloodlusted goku could spam IT with superior CQC etc. I feel this match-up is not a stomp and way closer than you believe.

Where's the proof Goku suppressed himself lifting the Z Sword, and where's the proof he's still above Gohan? By the way, Gohan could lift the sword with even less effort than Goku.

Gohan had training with it for hours, goku has no proficiency with a sword and casually swings it about without powering up, if he powered up in base then he wouldn't be suppressed.

That's my point exactly, he's been training with an ultra heavy sword he couldn't even budge before. You still haven't even proved that Goku wasn't at full power, and you ignored the fact that Gohan did it with less effort.

Still need solid proof that GL can hax stomp beings with 4-B durabilty or that he ever has. Do you still believe this is a stomp because i just cant see how this is a stomp, i see ways for both to win I just beleievw that if bloodlusted goku pulls it off.

I believe it's a stomp due to the AP difference. Even if we say Kid Buu is 100x Cell, he would still nearly 6x weaker than Green Lantern.

Proof goku was suppressed is that he casually starts swinging the sword around without powering up, and gohan swinging the sword with less effort is due to being more proficient with the use of a sword,actually swinging the sword with purpose as he was trying to get ready to defeat buu and also being slightly powered up, goku was just testing the sword its not like he was planning on using it in battle... My point is that goku was just goofing around when wielding the z-sword but for gohan it was serious training.

Just because he didn't power up, that doesn't mean he wasn't not at full power, maybe he didn't put on his aura because he was already at full power, also, this same logic can be applied to Gohan, he didn't power up and put on an aura at any point when swinging it. It's directly said to be a feat of power, proficiency doesn't have anything to do with it, and Gohan was swinging the sword to train, as they instructed, that's all. Except it wasn't serious at all by that point, he had literally done it so much it was ultra light.

It's all if's and maybe's but I view it as goku>gohan post z-sword training, then gohan>>goku post potential unlocked. The fact that buu saga ultimate gohan is only solar system level is ridiculous just to add, he should definitely be multi-solar sytem via scaling.

Ok, since this has gone on long enough and we can't really settle things with the lack of inverse information, let's just agree to disagree on that situation.

They don't put them at multi solar system due to the difference between low and high end being over 1 trillion.

Ok I'll agree to disagree on that situation. I can't see ultimate gohan being less than multi-solar-system it just doesn't make much sense to me I see what your saying with the 1 trillion but too me it doesnt add up. Kid buu should be at least solar sytem+ and ultimate gohan could probably stomp kid buu with ease so he should be solar system+ low balled... But to my original point I still feel that bloodlusted goku can take this with the scenario that I presented.

Back