• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Dragon Ball) range upgrade

People consider this feat as awhole to be an outlier or PIS since Goku can't breathe in space, although nothing says they can't just hold their breath but that's just me.

Akreious said:
People consider this feat as awhole to be an outlier or PIS since Goku can't breathe in space, although nothing says they can't just hold their breath but that's just me.
That's true. Goku already demonstrates enhanced lung capacity, so him surviving being in space for a minute or so shouldn't be too out of the question. Also, I don't get how Goku not being able to breathe in space takes down the Power Pole being able to extend that far. Maybe Goku being able to stay alive in space for that long is an outlier, but the Power Pole has no other limit displayed (if I recall correctly) and this is just the full potential of how far it can extend.

I suppose that this seems to probably be fine.

Didn't Toriyama confirm this in an interview, that since the power pole was able to reach the moon, it can extend up to 380,000 km at the very least?

AKM sama said:
Didn't Toriyama confirm this in an interview, that since the power pole was able to reach the moon, it can extend up to 380,000 km at the very least?
I'm not aware of this interview, but I think the manga alone is enough.

While we're on the subject of range, I think we should rephrase Goku's range section a bit. Currently, it says Goku's range is "___ of (kilo)meters (as an Oozaru and) with ki blasts and attacks." Goku only has one ranged attack (excluding the Power Pole), the Kamehameha, until the 23rd Budokai where he can use kiai and the Solar Flare. I think that up to the 23rd Budokai, we should phrase it as "Standard melee range. ___ of (kilo)meters (as an Oozaru and) with the Kamehameha."

And of course, with this upgrade in range, it would also say "Planetary with Power Pole (Goku used the Power Pole to take Monster Carrot and his gang to the moon)"

With this, could we add like a note that says Goku is able to hold his breath in space? I know people are really finicky with "Guesses" but if we upgrade range, we should accept the other aspects of this feat.

Like Goku going into space.

Saiyans not being able to survive in space like Vegeta to Freeza in Ressurection of F can easily be explained since he was obviously unprepared and likely couldn't get a "last" gasp of air before the planet and it's atmosphere went poof, therefore no more Vegeta.

Plus we see multiple times that Saiyans is at least able to go into upper atmospheres where there's little to no air to breathe in. Saiyans requiring less air to operate to the point that they can hold their breath in space isn't completely all fanfiction.

Okay. I suppose that we should ignore it then.

Back