• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some questions that have been on my mind concerning a profile coming up...

So I've been making and developing a character for weeks so far now, researching things, pulling inspiration, developing their story and powers based around it as the character themselves grow, etc...and that's mostly what my mind has been focusing on so far. However, I believe there needs to be a few questions that I wanted to be addressed, and this concerns more of how my verse works in general, and I wanted to know if it made sense to do this.

In my verse, The Abyss of Dreams, the title is rather fitting considering how dreams of many kinds are a huge part of it's themes and ideas. One type of dreaming in it however is rather important, and this is the typical dreams while one is sleeping. In my verse, dreams act as a gateway to a realm where traditional concepts such as time, space, dimensions etcetera don't apply, and most races in this realm are incapable of comprehending this realm and barely have control of it, and when they wake up, they will usually always forget them, and they can only partially remember parts where their mind may have created some massive 3-Dimensional structures within it. However, one race known as the Sirinas in their fully evolved forms, are fully capable of comprehending and have nigh-complete control over the realm, only limited from simply destroying everything below them or even effecting it in any way by an Outerversal barrier with True-Godly Regenerationn that will always come back even if it is constantly barraged by their attacks. Their mission is to fight off the eldritch horrors that come from the realm of nightmares who have abilities capable of nullifying the barrier. This is the basic premise of it, and it goes much deeper than this as to why they're capable of doing this, but for now, that is unimportant. What's more important is some questions I have about this.

So Question No. 1) is simply does this comply with the rules of 1-A? Now, I've read through multiple times on the rules for making such pages, however, I am still unsure if this would be alright because it just feels weird that some characters can be "above existence" per say just by sleeping, and I also want to know if a barrier capable of blocking them out would make sense as a weakness for them so they simply couldn't just eradicate everything below them.

Question No. 2) This is going to be a lot shorter and unrelated to what I mentioned above, but the next profile I'm making for said character is going to be a lot different from most others, and I was just wondering if this was okay. Basically, I want to write the next one completely as a sort of...autobiography told from the character's point of view and they will be explaining all of their powers and abilities themselves. And I simply wanted to know if this was alright to do if I put a note on the top saying something like "This profile is 1st person view point." or something like that.

For question 1, but it's probably fine. Question though: Once they wake up, would they still be 1-A, or be limited to dimensions? If it's the former, then obviously it's fine, and if it's the latter, it would probably be fine too. You'd just have to separate the keys, so one would be within whatever dimensional plane, and the other would be 1-A.

For question 2, that's definitely fine. There are a handful of profiles that don't really follow the format here that are accepted, and something new like that would most likely be accepted here. This site is basically for creative freedom, so it's fine. ^^

1) They are bonded by dimensions indeed. Thanks for the info though!

2) Alrighty then~ Can't wait to get that done now! :3

Back