• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Post Flashpoint downgrades

Early New 52 Batman has a direct feat of tanking an explosion that destroyed the top of a skyscraper point blank, Deathstroke survived getting hit with a submarine, Constantine tanked an High 8-C explosion point blank, Batman and Deathstroke were very near the center of the explosion that destroyed a building. There's plenty of feats to use.

Thank you for the information. Are these feats calculated and accepted by our community?

Okay. High 8-C seems like overly extreme outliers for Batman characters though.

Anything Tier 8 for a supposedly peak human is a massive outlier, in fact Tim Drake has an 8-A durability feat, now that is an outlier lol.

We usually consider tanking a big explosion type of feats for Batman level characters outliers, it might be a different story if someone actually blew a skyscraper up with their punch, but I doubt something like that ever happened. Also, just because tanking an explosion was point blank doesn't mean they fully scale; you also compare the cross sectional area of Batman to the surface area of the bomb.

We usually consider tanking a big explosion type of feats for Batman level characters outliers, it might be a different story if someone actually blew a skyscraper up with their punch, but I doubt something like that ever happened. Also, just because tanking an explosion was point blank doesn't mean they fully scale; you also compare the cross sectional area of Batman to the surface area of the bomb.
You need to be like, really really close to the bomb for the full yield to scale (As in, centimeters away from you or basically in your face, the sweet spot is 23.2621324584 cm away from the bomb assuming average cross-sectional area of 0.68 m^2 but the larger your cross-sectional area, which is a definite given due to Batman being a big boi, the more inflated the yield you tank gets once you get closer than 23.26 cm/0.2326 meters away from the bomb, that's the point where the inverse-square law gets ****** up and inflated), but in most of these cases, Batman isn't exactly that close to the bomb either (Usually he's like half a meter or 1 or 2 or even 3-5 meters away from the bomb and in some cases he's dozens of meters away from them, very rare cases do exist where he takes the bomb in his face but still rare) and I visibly remember almost all of his accepted explosion calcs using inverse-square law and the distance between him and the bomb, I assisted with many such calcs.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant cross-sectional area, we don't use surface area with explosions, we use cross-sectional area, which is usually half that of surface area (In more accurate cases it can be 40% that of surface area but varies wildly on body structure and type).

Last edited:
If he has multiple durability feats on the same level that already took inverse square law into account; I'm fine with it.

What KLOL said. The reason I'm fine with 9-A Post-Crisis Batman isi because it take into account inverse square law accordingly and s fairly consistent. Most of the Tier 8 calcs for Batman don't take that into account, or take into account other weird contextua stuff.

If someone can find these calcs, I can apply ISL to them.

If he has multiple durability feats on the same level that already took inverse square law into account; I'm fine with it.
Well, at least Post-Crisis Bats does. Not too sure about Post-Flashpoint Bats, the only feats I know of him are his infamous school busting feat which got debunked.

Honestly, Post-Flashpoint Bats seems pretty barebones in terms of AP and dura feats. Are we sure those are the only feats that exist for him? Even his Lifting Strength section is pretty barebones, he can easily rip out robot heads with ease all by himself, which I wanted to add to the profile 2 years ago but it never got added.

What KLOL said. The reason I'm fine with 9-A Post-Crisis Batman isi because it take into account inverse square law accordingly and s fairly consistent. Most of the Tier 8 calcs for Batman don't take that into account, or take into account other weird contextua stuff.

The only Tier 8 stuff for Batman that exists is his Post-Flashpoint stuff which you just debunked, I don't remember anyone else having that problem.

Ironically, Post-Crisis Bats is 9-A literally due to Inverse-square Law alone. High-end 9-A but still, you get the picture.

Thank you for the input. 9-A seems fine to me then, and help with updating calculations would be very appreciated, yes.

Thank you for the input. 9-A seems fine to me then, and help with updating calculations would be very appreciated, yes.
Like I said, I don't remember there being any more calculations for Post-Flashpoint Batman other than the schoolbus and the metal door feats.

Well since it's kinda related as it scales to Post-Flashpoint Batman too, the current MHS feats are incorrect and greatly inflated. There are, however, lightning timing feats that range from MHS to MHS+ (however Cassandra Cain is significantly faster than Bruce Wayne and co), which are 1. not yet evaluated 2. we have to decide if they are reliable to use

Also I believe it was sort of a consensus that we tend to disregard most comic explosion feats as they are unreliable unless they are consistent with other feats so my Tier 8 Batman calcs are probably off the table.

Thank you for the help.

What do the rest of you think about Spino's evaluations?

Your tier 8 exams explosion calcs might be consistent with Grodd’s punches.

Would Batman scaling to Flash rogues be an option? I know outside keystone city fighting feels like slow-motion to them. For instance captain cold was held under gunpoint by 10 of Gotham’s criminals at the same time, yet assured everyone that while it may look he’s at a disadvantage he would blitz everyone of Kingpin’s henchman and kill Kingpin if he gave the order to fire.

So if Batman can consistently keep up with Flash Rogues then there might be some good stuff for him to scale from.

I think that we should scale Batman from the characters that are directly associated with him instead.

Well since it's kinda related as it scales to Post-Flashpoint Batman too, the current MHS feats are incorrect and greatly inflated. There are, however, lightning timing feats that range from MHS to MHS+ (however Cassandra Cain is significantly faster than Bruce Wayne and co), which are 1. not yet evaluated 2. we have to decide if they are reliable to use

Downscale, maybe?

Anyway, Post-Crisis feats aren't the main issue here, main issue is Post-Flashpoint. Do we seriously not have any decent feats for Post-Flashpoint Bats?

Last edited:
Bump. In conclusion, for Batman
  1. The 8-C and 9-A feats are all exaggerated or are unusable due to various factors and have been accepted at much lower levels
  2. The higher end feats are generally unusable because they overcome the characters durability, only surviving barely or being incapacitated.
  3. No useable feat above 9-B has been found, thus the characters should be downgraded
For Superboy
  1. His High 6-B feat was re-calculated at Low 7-C and was done with with an amp, however they give us a numerical value of x10, so we can likely put him at 8-A.

Okay. I trust your sense of judgement, but would appreciate input from other knowledgeable members here as well.

Most knowledgeable members have since given their judgement previously in the thread, mostly because it's not really an outlier or scalling issue but a math one. The only thing left is the final seal of approval.

Okay. Then it is probably fine to apply.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Back