• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Post Flashpoint downgrades

I think Rebirth and onwards should scale to Post-Crisis, but not Flashpoint itself. I think Flashpoint should go by its own feats.
Yes. Agreed.

I am mainly uncertain if Post-Death Metal should scale to Pre-Crisis or not.

Yeah, Rebirth should be fine, but Flashpoint might need keys.
Maybe something like
New 52 | Rebirth
I’m unsure about infinite frontier
I didnt notice the boldings, thank you! I'll skim through it now.
no worries; I’ve also found that Doc I mentioned but I’ve got to update it before I post it
Yes. Agreed.

I am mainly uncertain if Post-Death Metal should scale to Pre-Crisis or not.
Wait would they?

Last edited:
**** it here's some highlights from the Doc

Post Flashpoint​

Attack Potency​

Batman

Feat 1: Sends a Talon through marble
Feat 2: Punches a hole through brick
Feat 3: Sends Titans of Tomorrow Drake through a wall
Feat 4: Breaks through solid stone underwater
Feat 5: Craters a tile wall
Feat 6: Breaks through a wall to get at someone
Feat 7: Sends a Talon through a reinforced door

Bane

Feat 1: Shatters a concrete wall
Feat 2: Cracks a concrete wall with a punch
Feat 3: Punches through a wall
Feat 4: Kick through this wall

General Characters

Feat 1: This one creates a big crater
Feat 2: Rush punches through thick concrete walls
Feat 3: Blight causes a shockwave (7.4 Tons of TNT)
Feat 4: Brick sends Ollie through wall
Feat 5: Brick smashes through wall
Feat 6: A Talon sends Bruce through marble
Feat 7: NKV sends Batman throughs stuff

Durability​

Batman

Feat 1: The school explosion (1.7 Tons of TNT)
Feat 2: Survives a huge bus bomb
Feat 3: Walks off a tank blast
Feat 4: Survives a skyscraper’s top blowing up (1 Ton of TNT)
Feat 5: Recovers from a submarine exploding
Feat 6: Unphased by an RPG shot
Feat 7: Badly injured Survives a boat blowing up
Feat 8: Sits next to a crater making bomb
Feat 9: Survives a skyscraper collapsing
Feat 10: Is sent through two brick walls
Feat 11: Sent through marble by a Talon
Feat 12: Fine after being sent through a bell tower
Feat 13: Cratered into wall
Feat 14: Sent through walls by NKVDemon

Deathstroke

Feat 1: The Infamous Submarine Feat (0.3 Tons of TNT)
Feat 2: Survives this explosion
Feat 3: Walks off these missiles
Feat 4: Survives a School Blowing Up (1.7 Tons of TNT)
Feat 5: Survives his own explosive doing this
Feat 6: Survives a bomb that destroys a huge compound
Feat 7: Twice makes a crater here
Feat 8: Lapetus uses him to make a crater
Feat 9: Sent through wall

Nightwing

Feat 1: Conscious after three explosions in quick succession
Feat 2: Conscious after being bombed

John Constantine

Feat 1: Survives huge explosion (0.24 Tons of TNT)

Clayface

Feat 1: Survives a self destruct sequence

Green Arrow

Feat 1: Gets yeeted out a building
Feat 2: Survives a satellite blowing up seen from Earth
Feat 3: Survives being cratered into a wall
Feat 4: Survives being tossed through a brick wall

Batwoman

Feat 1:

Killer Croc

Feat 1: Survives a boom in the sewer

General Characters

Feat 1: Blight causes a shockwave (7.4 Tons of TNT)
This mostly supports the idea they're casually 9-B but with some higher feats that could support 9-A

I'll see If I can find more

I think "Post-Flashpoint | Rebirth" files being on the same pages look kinda fugly, tbh, separate files feel more in-line

i can live with that tbh

Wonder Woman’s whole ass run got retconned (which I hate) and Superman is a separate character in Rebirth

Which reminds me, should we split Darkseid and Ares’ profiles to reflect this as well?

I’d personally just say DC Rebirth since that’s the official term but this seems good

Oh a hundred percent, Darkseid's file looks garbo
Wouldn’t say Garbo but it’s questionalble to me it’s basically every version of him

I can see the current profile being split three ways
  • Pre-Flashpoint (Avatars, emanations and his Godhead)
  • New 52 (base and Darkseid War)
  • DC Rebirth (base and the weird super form from Death Metal)
I could see Infinite Frontier Seid being part of the last one but I haven’t kept up with frontier well enough to know whether or not it’s a wholly original continuity

His Godhead form is unaffected by retcons, so you’d have to fit that in somehow. (Well his avatars as well but more due to well being avatars of someone who is unaffected)

I bring up the Godhead being Pre-Flashpoint because that’s when he appears and I believe he was shattered; birthing the shards that we see of Darkseid and the New Gods Post-Flashpoint

**** it here's some highlights from the Doc

This mostly supports the idea they're casually 9-B but with some higher feats that could support 9-A

I'll see If I can find more
My biggest concern with some of these feats is the condition the characters tend to end up in. A lot of the times they're K.O'd, barely standing, or out of commission for quite some time, so even if they are legit, we can't really use them to scale. The Deathstroke Lapteus crater feat seems promising, but it appears to hurt Wondy as much as it hurts Deathstroke so that seems a bit odd to me.

Most of the AP feats seem like they'd just be varying degrees of 9-B. The shockwave feat is something I don't think is usable since the shockwave doesn't seem t affect nearby buildings at all and seems to mostly just be artistic affect to get the readers attention.

I do not mind if you split up the Post-Flashpoint and Post-Rebirth versions to different profile pages, but it would require quite a lot of work.

I think it should be an over-time kind of revision. I can also compile chronological lists of various characters' appearances to help determine when Flashpoint ends and Rebirth begins for each character.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. You have been very reliable lately.

Tbh idk why were assuming the Godkiller gives him comparable dura

It lets him harm immortals and too tired but I don’t revall evidence it just makes him top tier all around

Yes, I also do not think that the sword technically enhanced all of his physical statistics. It just gave him piercing magic powerful enough to kill deities.

Considering the blade allowed him to survive blows from Lapetus, including a hit that hurt Wondy as much as him, I think the implication is it boosted his physicals as well.

Considering the blade allowed him to survive blows from Lapetus, including a hit that hurt Wondy as much as him, I think the implication is it boosted his physicals as well.
I feel that’s a pretty common outlier with these kinds of fights tbh

How many times do you see Batman - Cap types tanking hits from top tiers and it never being acknowledged

That, and the fact the Godkiller is never solidly stated to amp people (beyond cutting power) makes me think it doesn’t do that

Okay. That is probably fine then, but you and Armorchompy need to finish your blog post discussion first.

To note, @Ogbunabali made the Deathstroke page and listed him at 4-B dura, so we should at least ask him to input us treating that form as Batman level in durability

Okay so I read the storyline leading up to the feat. In issue 7, Slade mentions he feels the sword affecting his entire body. This isn't much on its own, but after the swords power is activated within him, in issue 8, he manages to hold his own against Wonder Woman (Trigger warning: Some very intense violence). This is notable because he's hurting her without the sword, with punches, and because he's taking a beatdown from her as the fight goes. While you could argue she's holding back, Hestia seems to deconfirm this by stating that Wonder Woman was absolutely going to beat him to death for what he did. (Issue 8)

So even if the sword doesn't boost physicals, it seems like the writer absolutely treated Slade to be stronger then usual.

Edit: I was wrong about him throwing punches, but he still hurts her without the sword, such as with his staff.

Last edited:
Okay so I read the storyline leading up to the feat. In issue 7, Slade mentions he feels the sword affecting his entire body. This isn't much on its own, but after the swords power is activated within him, in issue 8, he manages to hold his own against Wonder Woman (Trigger warning: Some very intense violence). This is notable because he's hurting her without the sword, with punches, and because he's taking a beatdown from her as the fight goes. While you could argue she's holding back, Hestia seems to deconfirm this by stating that Wonder Woman was absolutely going to beat him to death for what he did. (Issue 8)

So even if the sword doesn't boost physicals, it seems like the writer absolutely treated Slade to be stronger then usual.
I think that it seems to make sense that the sword nearly enhanced him to Wonder Woman's level then.

So do I scale the Flashes to 8-C Grodd for now?
Grodd's 8-C feat isn't really valid either IMO. I was gonna do a Flash downgrade thread once this wraps up as to not derail this but TL;DR the only building he attacks in that comic (Flash Vol 2 178) that actually collapses is the one he throws a car at, hitting the bottom of it, causing the topside to collapse as it no longer has anything supporting its weight.
Plus Grodd is typically shown to be way the heck stronger then the Flash Family, at least when they're not going realistic, so I wouldn't feel comfortable scalng them to him.

Ok, could that still be calced though? Seems higher than just 9-B. Right before that feat Flash was pretty unscathed by one of his attacks and while sometimes Flash struggles to hurt Grodd, other times he can put him down with enough punches without necessarily going relativistic speed (albeit being somewhat serious). So he’d still downscale in casual AP and his dura just straight up scale.

Ok, could that still be calced though? Seems higher than just 9-B. Right before that feat Flash was pretty unscathed by one of his attacks and while sometimes Flash struggles to hurt Grodd, other times he can put him down with enough punches without necessarily going relativistic speed (albeit being somewhat serious). So he’d still downscale in casual AP and his dura just straight up scale.
I discussed the Grodd thing with Impress and Armorchompy, the former says it should be scalable to Grodd's AP and theladder was neutral. so I think in hindsight ti can be used.

Admittily I havent read much stuff wiith Grodd so I can't give much feedback there. Maybe "At least 9-A (Stronger then Batman), likely 8-C (Can fiight Grodd, but generally shown to be weaker" for Flash family guys?

I do not think that the Flash family is really supposed to be far physically stronger than the Batman cast when using regular human speed.

I mean it’s not regular human speed, it’s just a bit faster than Bat-family kind of speed. Is scaling Batman to Grodd via his fight with Reverse Flash not a good idea? I don’t really mind the likely option either, though it would be useful if I had some actual values to work with here so we can see how big the difference is.

I think that Grodd is supposed to be far more powerful than Batman. I just don't think that Flash is far more powerful than Batman in base, without using his superspeed.

I mean Nightwing fought Grodd together with Wally before:

Here, here and here. Although this is PC. The main problem I have with differentiating Wally’s speed while running at Batman-level speed and while standing still is that he’s usually not portrayed as much more durable when running at these speeds than when standing still (that’d imply that the first speedster to get temporarily immobilized during a speedster fight automatically loses it, which certainly isn’t the case). It might also depend on if he’s actively using speed force or not which might be hard to tell but due to his reflexes kicking in automatically it’s hard to truly hit him off-guard with using no Speed Force at all.

Also keep in mind that Reverse Flash was using his super speed during his fight with Batman and Batman got some hits in that made him bleed after stabbing him with a Batarang. Meanwhile Wally was standing still when Grodd knocked him through a building.

Long story short, Batsy can still downscale from Grodd

Last edited:
Back